Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2 (Page 39)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Just so you know: You DO NOT have to defeat Dr. Vahz in order to successfully complete the Dr. Vahz mission.

That being said, the good doctor is a tough old bean. Condo died twice before defeating him on his mission, hovering the entire time.

I would recommend using Mister Midnight as the partner. Empathy Defenders are more potent healers and you'll need all the healing you can get. (Make sure MM has plenty of blues. You'll need those for sure!) His dark powers should help weaken the Dr a bit also.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Is Dr. Vahz one of the Arch Enemies? I've not had one or run into one yet.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
I think he is.

I don't know if it's a badge mish or not.

Drats.

I'd read someone from someone that if you just
kept clicking on an old contact where you had an
unfinished story arc that it'd eventually bring it
up even if you had leveled past it, but it doesn't
seem to be working. Too bad ... I'd like for real
Blue to get the badge.

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Yes he is and I think you get a badge for defeating him, if you do. BUT IT AIN'T EASY! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! [Big Grin]

--------------------

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
I think he is.

I don't know if it's a badge mish or not.

Drats.

I'd read someone from someone that if you just
kept clicking on an old contact where you had an
unfinished story arc that it'd eventually bring it
up even if you had leveled past it, but it doesn't
seem to be working. Too bad ... I'd like for real
Blue to get the badge or at least the souvenir.
I've got 10 now, and I'm working on my 11th.
Love those arcs!

[Big Grin]

Oh wait. I do have the souvenir from that story
arc. 8-)

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
If it involves a story arc I think you can go back. I did the early Vaz mission one, where they are trying to drug the water supply and you wind up with a souvenier of a water plant ID badge. I knew I had to have been leveled past this contact but she let me work all the way through the arc. I think I was only getting either 50 or 100 xp for each mission completed.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Hmm..

Well I clicked on whatsis face a lot but he never
gave me the option ... darn it.

LyleLyle
hmmmm....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyleLyle   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Actually, the Kid might make a better companion... I didn't know much when I created Mr. M and I don't think he's a good empath... I'll have to check what he has but I largely soloed with him so his most useful heal power may be healing aura... Mr M does damage, tho and the Kid doesn't have any damage powers.

AFIK, there's no badge for the mission... it's the end of a story arc so Garth'll get a souvenir.

--------------------
Lyle's part-time blogging

Blue Battler
Honorary

There are some advantages to gravity. 8-)
The holds do stack ... so if you keep hitting
the DR with them there's a chance you might
get him held .. wouldn't be long at all, but
it could last long enough to give EAP a good
shot for something. When Blue fought the vamp
AV with some 40s, I did manage to land a fire
circle on him once we had weakened him
enough ...

Also, I think I'll be Blue Battler1 on the mish.

8-)

Vee
Still smoooooth!

What time are we going to do the Dr Vahz mish on the test server. I'll be on with either Beauty, Condo or Mysa but I won't be on any of your lists since I copied newer versions of them over the other night. Just let me know when and where.

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Condo, Blueete & Prsim are on the test server. Mission is in KR under the overpass by the park

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

I'll be there as soon as I can. Just got home from work after a 13 1/2 day and haven't had anything to eat at all. Survived on Dr. Pepper all day. As soon as I can scarf down some food I'll be over as EAP.
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
I was there as Chorus. Didn't see you guys...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

I wasn't there more than 5 minutes before they shut us down Danny. They started broadcasting they were shutting down the test server as soon as I joined the gang.
Blue Battler
Honorary

Took the day off from work to take care of
things in the house before I visit the
family.

I just checked, and Star is 4.5 bubbles away
from level 20. [Big Grin]

Anyone up for Infinity tonight so I can see if
I can get him up to the big 20?

This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.