Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » So what are you WATCHING? (Page 37)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 80 pages: 1  2  3  ...  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  ...  78  79  80   
Author Topic: So what are you WATCHING?
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
For particularly good "serious" Fraser, check out The Quiet American, also starring Michael Caine.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, I'll try and track that one down.

Te'a Leoni should be in every movie made.

Just thought it needed mentioning.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
1st ten-twelve minutes of this year's Tony Awards= best opening to any awards programs... ever!
From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Fraser was also in Crash right? I haven't seen that one yet.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, he's in it, but I haven't seen it either. Everytime I think about watching it I get flashbacks of horrible James Spader movie with the same title.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
*dragging a topic started in What Are You Reading*

Speaking of Appalachian area being one of the poorest areas in the US...has anyone seen SQUIDBILLIES??? It's in the Appalachian part of Georgia.

Adult Swim show that is hilarious! I just found out about and have been watching episodes on Adult Swim's website and You Tube. Never heard of it until recently. I'm not a big fan of cartoons (Simpsons, South Park) but this one really hooked me.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Eureka returns tonight. Definately gonna be watching that. Even get to see it on the TV since the braves are on peachtree tv, which apparantly isn't available inside the US except in the atlanta area, but available in canada and everywhere else. peachbastards.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry, folks. Eureka returns July 10th, not June 10th. I was major disappointed.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I'm NOT watching the Stanley Cup final as my poor 13 inch tv and convertor does not seem to be able to pick up a signal, sigh.

For $5.99 at the Rite-Aid I did pick up a DVD package of 20 old spaghetti and early tv westerns. Some fairly good stars in them, though the quality of the recordings is generally bad, some of the stories have been clever.

I highly recommend "Any Gun Can Play" with Ed "Kookie" Brynnes. Double and triple crosses all over as different factions try to track down hidden gold stolen from a military train.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Anyone watch the concert of CHESS on PBS? I'd like to hear what people thought of it.
From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
I watched the last 45 minutes of "Animal House" with my wife and the 6-year old and all laughed our @$$e$ off! "NO PRISONERS!"

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Don't bother with 'Benjamin Button'
It had a good moment or two but it's not worth the time.
sigh

My husband's pick, 'Grand Torino' is WONDERFUL.
Boy, is HE crowing.
sigh

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

I did watch the entire NBA Playoffs. I'm a basketball fanatic and a big Orlando Magic fan (i live an hour away). Never had so much excitement and heartbreak.

ANYWAYS, just watched the Red Violin last night. Great movie! Very well done! I may buy the DVD.

l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
enjoying weekend #2 of a Degrassi TNG marathon on the "N" network,..was a huge fan of the original Degrassi back in the day and i got hooked on the new show.
all month long the "N" has been running back to back episodes especially on the weekends from season 1 thru mid-season 8 gearing up for new episodes starting in July.
it's my new gulity pleasure. [Smile]

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I recently bought the complete series DVD set of Drak Pack, a cartoon I absolutely loved when I was eleven.

The premise was that young descendants of Dracula, Frankenstein's monster and the werewolf become super-heroes.

The dialogue is some of the best in the Saturday morning genre of the time, full of alliteration, puns and cleverly-turned phrases.

My problem with the series is that the three protagonists (Drak, Frankie and Howler) sometimes appear as humans and sometimes as the more recognizable forms. In human form they have no powers, yet they frequently go into dangerous situations. Even in human form they refer to each other as Drak, Frankie and Howler, so there seems no point in them having "secret identities".

I really enjoy watching it again, but the plot hole is just huge.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 80 pages: 1  2  3  ...  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  ...  78  79  80   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.