Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » THE WALKING DEAD tv show (Page 36)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 52 pages: 1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  ...  50  51  52   
Author Topic: THE WALKING DEAD tv show
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
When I posed the question to my wife of "why alluva sudden all the walkers?", she pointed out to me that it's been pretty well set up. Remember those 'throwaway' lines in previous episodes about the mud drying up as the temperatures drop? Remember the mentions of cattle getting loose? Combine the removal of some of the farm's natural outlying defense with the zombies being baited with more food AND all the gunfire, and it's been set up, whether we realized it or not.

I expect more than just one or two deaths next week. The previews really seem to be baiting us with Hershel's unwillingness to leave the farm. Could be a mislead, but I think his chances of being offed are high. Wouldn't be surprised if we lose Jimmy, Beth, Patricia and possibly T-Dawg and Carol. With the TV series clearly being its own thing, there could be a shock in there, though. Andrea, maybe? [Hmmm?]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
*poof*

[ March 29, 2012, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: gone ]

From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Amazing episode this week... not sorry to see this character go... next week looks insane!

[ March 12, 2012, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: SharkLad ]

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I know why they are called walkers. I know the set up.

The thing I have with it is that Rick and Shane, as well as Glenn and Darryl were walking around the woods. Not a walker in sight.

A gunshot, they cut to the woods, and there are tons of walkers there. Where were they...hiding behind trees?

Again, unless they were in a separate area that was not accessible somehow from where the four of them were, it just seems a little odd that there are no walkers, save the kid...who was never bitten, then there are tons of them roaming around like it's a rave party.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Another good episode - though after the ending became obvious quite early on, I did grow a bit impatient waiting for it to just happen already.

And even though we all knew it was going to happen, and he lasted a lot longer than his comics counterpart, I'm gonna miss Shane (well, pre-'Dark Side' Shane anyway); I really liked the dynamic he brought to the group.

And HEY! T-Dog got some lines and a couple of little things to do. Reminding the audience he's there so they can kill him off next week? Probably. But I hope not. I'm pulling for him to at least make it to the prison.

My predictions for who goes next week -

Patricia (almost a certainty IMO)
Jimmy (and the audience will still be wondering who the heck he was)
Hershel (the captain will go down with his ship)
and
T-Dog ( [Frown] )

Comic spoilers -

Click Here For A Spoiler I feel they might keep Beth around to fill in the twins' role in that prison serial killer storyline. And I think Carol is definitely being set up to commit suicide later like she did in the books.

After losing two major characters in a row, I definitely think all the leads are safe next week though. So I will be VERY surprised if Andrea, Glenn, Maggie or Daryl bite it next week. Rick, Carl and Lori are rock-solid safe at this stage IMO.

As for the zombies in the woods. I had no problem with it. There are a lot of woods and Rick and co. didn't walk through every part of it. They approached that field from the woods on the left (in front of the farmhouse) and the zombies approaching them are clearly coming from the woods on the far end of that field (presumably where the river/swamp is). Not a big deal IMO.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Shane led Rick a fair distance but still ended up in view of the farm (though outside the fence), so it's fair to say he looped them around and quite a ways from where Darryl and Glenn were. The zombies appear to be coming from the woods on the back end of the field, while Rick and Shane emerged on the right hand side, so it's entirely possible they didn't see the walkers there. They did establish more walkers were showing up (munching on cattle), and Carl proved last week they had a way in to at least the outer fields.

As to where they came from, I just read the issue two nights ago where Glenn, Rick and Micchone walked to Woodbury from the crash site, and Micchone commented that the walkers had there sent, and even though they were slow, more and more were joining the chase and if they stopped for significant amounts of time, they'd be overrun. With all the comings and goings at the farm, I'm sure the walkers have slowly been making their way there on the same principle.

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
*poof*

[ March 29, 2012, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: gone ]

From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
It could have been set up better to me, but I figure the payoff is going to be great so I don't really care that much how lame the setup was.

I said all the shooting they were doing in the Sophia episode was going to bring zombies from all over. The zombies should have started showing up more frequently from the first episode of the season 2.2.

One bit of lameness isn't going to stop me from ABSOLUTELY LOVING this show, but I have still considered this from all angles and STILL think this particular setup was on the lame side.

HOWEVER... please see this screen capture from EW's weekly Kirkman chat:

-

So apparently a zillion zombies showing up outta nowhere was certainly noticed by others and per Kirkman IS a plot point that will be addressed. Once it IS addressed maybe I shan't see the setup as that lame. Until it is, I continue to see it as lame, but continue to look forward to the payoff and continue to LOVE this show. [Smile]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll agree with Lash on this. Give me a wonderful finale, and I don't care if the walkers bussed themselves in.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Agreed... and no doubt the finale will kick arse!

[ March 13, 2012, 04:55 PM: Message edited by: SharkLad ]

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH's *glare*:
MLLASH'S OFFICIAL LIST OF DEATHS FOR NEXT WEEK:

You can put this in the bank-- THESE characters WILL be dying:

T-DAWG: As cute as it would be to see him make it to the end, he's OUTTAHERE y'all.

JIMMY: You remember him, he was even shown tonight hammering something to remind you!

SUICIDE GIRL (Beth?): Yep, you shoulda did it right the first time... now you're zombie chow!

CAROL: She'll be joining Sophia as of next week.

Okay, one of my 4 predictions has come to pass...

Ooops, there went one I thought would make it.

Perhaps my prediction skills need to be brushed up. I blame T-Dawg and his annoying penchant for survival, [LOL]

Lori needs to dial it down a notch over Shane. She was practically begging Rick to kill him a couple weeks ago.

So Jenner's revelation is out. Erryone's a zombie!

And the first appearance of you know who is JUST as memorable as it should have been!!!

And I do believe I saw.... a prison!

EXCELLENT episode, great show!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Dev - Em
KIA

Such an awesome episode!!!!!!!!!!!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I've rewatched YOU KNOW WHO'S intro 3 times. One of the-- possibly THE most-- powerful introductions of a character in ALL of comics translated VERY POWERFULLY to the screen. Stunning...

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

That scene space rawked!!!!
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
VERY happy with that intro!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 52 pages: 1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  ...  50  51  52   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.