Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » So what are you WATCHING? (Page 34)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 80 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ...  78  79  80   
Author Topic: So what are you WATCHING?
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Life After People was pretty groovy! Is that an ongoing series?

I love watching the history channel specials. The one about Krakatoa is simply fascinating to me. I also watched the gloomy one about 2012...my friend said it best: "looks like shit is over in 2012." The special is a little over the top in being alarming and trying to scare you. Its like Fox News or something.

Yeah, they just started an ongoing series of it, on Tuesday nights! Tomorrow night pigs take over the world or something!

The History Channel is definitely a mixed bag. A lot of stuff is extremely good, but a lot of times it seems more like the National Enquirer than National Geographic.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah. I really couldn't stop watching the 2012 thing, but I was half-smiling the whole time. I was like, "jeepers, these people are trying so hard to convince me we're done in 2012 that I almost feel bad not believing them!".

But for the most part they have some good stuff.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Over the past week or so, I caught up on the last 10-or-so episodes of "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles". These episodes really brought out the potential in the show that had been evident in the first season and the first part of this season. It's a shame that this show is pretty much guaranteed to be cancelled because it was exploring some storytelling back alleys that the Terminator films never have time for. Really, the whole concept that Jim Cameron created has so much more potential than what got distilled into a hand full of white knuckle chase flicks, and this series was realizing it.

There are a lot of astute and demanding viwers of television on this site, and I think many of you would have been pleasantly surprised by this series. It was on the cusp of becoming another Lost or BSG, and it looks like it would have jumped that cusp based on where they were apparently taking the series based on how the last episode ended. I think that was quite admirable seeing as how it was obviously working with some effects budget constraints.

I'd encourage any of you to check it out on DVD or whatever. With a new movie coming out, it's a shame that a series with such potential may be all but forgotten.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Lardy, I'll see about getting that added to our Mega-Flix queue. It sounds like just what I need to be watching right now.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Alright, so after I caught up on my DVR backlog of "Terminator: SCC" and "Pushing Daisies", I caught up on the last five episodes of "Life on Mars". I've mixed feelings about the finale...

Click Here For A SpoilerIt fell somewhere around "St. Elsewhere" and "Newhart" territory with the solution that was offered. On one hand the writers worked hard to show you that everything fit; on the other hand, I would have preferred something that didn't relegate the series to an 'imaginary tale'. (yeah, they're all imaginary tales, but you know what I mean... [Smile] )

Yeah, there was always the chance it was the delusions of a guy in a coma from the beginning or he was crazy or something, but the story seemed to be leading to a greater significance behind everything Sam was experiencing. Like maybe he was there to change the future for the better and learn more about his past (particularly with his father) in the process. And God, Time or Whatever was behind it all--but that's the "Quantum Leap" fan within talking.

But we do get some resolution in 1973 and see that Tyler no longer wants to return to 2008 before the Big Reveal. Interestingly enough, the original UK series it was based on had a much different, possibly more satisfying ending. I Wikipedia-ed it!

But the series title sure got added meaning here, eh?

In the end I really enjoyed the series a lot and hope to see Jason O'Mara, Gretchen Mol and Michael Imperioli doing more great stuff in the near future.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Am nostalgia tripping yet again by watching The Critic on disc. The whole fat-schlubby-guy-hooks-up-with-hot-chicks routine gets old fast, but the satirical bits like the Trek-Hee Haw show are just as funny as they were a decade ago.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Watched 'Fringe', the season ender last night after 'Idol'.

William Bell is Spock!!!!!!!

Hahahahahahahahahahah.

I love 'Fringe'!

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Fringe got better and better over the course of the season. Glad that it's coming back next year.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Fringe got better and better over the course of the season. Glad that it's coming back next year.

What you said!
[Smile]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Hancock

Didn't this movie get panned or at best, an "eh?"

Can't figure out why. I thought it one of the better super-hero flicks I've seen. Plucked all the right stings with me and for once in a movie, the ending was actually in doubt. Wasn't sure which way they were going to swing with it.

Maybe I'll track down some reviews to find out why I'm wrong for liking it.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Just saw Kevin Smith's Zach and Miri....

Ehhh... I guess it was okay. No surprises. I guess it's supposed to be a When Harry Met Sally that guys can enjoy because it's got cursing and naughty bits to season the usual rom-com tropes.

[shrug] Whatever.

--------------------

Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
"Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead"

Why on earth had I not seen this film until tonight?

"Miller's Crossing" has just been bumped to #2 on my list of all-time most wittily dialogued films.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll see zach and miri if Miri is nekkid. [Wink]

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
R and C are dead was a fantastic little movie. Oldman and Roth hit all the right notes. Their interplay was hysterical.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

quote:
Originally posted by rickshaw1:
I'll see zach and miri if Miri is nekkid. [Wink]

TBH, I can't remember if she was totally in the raw. Can you tell this film just didn't make much of an impression on me?

She did wear a see-thru Princess Leia dress in one or two scenes, though.

[shrug]

--------------------

This topic comprises 80 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ...  78  79  80   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.