Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » So what are you READING? (Page 33)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 91 pages: 1  2  3  ...  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  ...  89  90  91   
Author Topic: So what are you READING?
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Joe Boy, Watership Down is one of my recommended reads for anyone planning to live.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
I plan to live!

I read Watership Down when I was really young, and have to admit that I really didn't "get" it as much as I probably would have had I waited until I was a bit older to read it. It's on my list of books that I want to go back and re-read now that I'm "grown up"...

I noticed that Richard Adams has written a bunch of other books, most of them more recently: Plague Dogs, Tales from Watership Down, and Shardik. Has anyone read any of these?

[ November 09, 2005, 08:17 PM: Message edited by: STU ]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
STU, I read Tales, and it was good for a collection of short stories, but it didn't match the original novel in depth of character.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Simon R. Green's nightside tales. I have read them each three or four times, and each time i do, i find more little nuggets of imagination in them. And they are relatively small books, around 200 pages mostly.

Other than that, right now, i'm reading the ICC building codes for Mechanical and Building. Talk about dry reading. Accounting has a better plot, lol.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, and i have been trying the serenity falls horror series, but i don't know why. I don't really like them, but i can't seem to stop trying, hoping they will get better.

--------------------

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ghost of Numf El
Waste ....... Of Space!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghost of Numf El           Edit/Delete Post     
You should be reading about changing nappies! How to make up formula. When to wean. How to deal with new teeth etc.

[Wink]

From: Scatland | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
I bought George R.R. Martin's "A Feast for Crows" on Tuesday. I traveled to Lexington to a book signing Wednesday night and now have an autographed copy! Yay! (I'm reading it too, by the way.)
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Nah, ghost, thats what i have a wife to teach me for, lol. She and my mom will teach me, and it will make them feel good to do it.

--------------------

Something pithy!

Stu
Time Trapper

I'm trying to "skim" Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire before the movie comes out. I kind of read through the second half in a hurry, and there are large chunks of the story that I just don't remember at all.

I'm also planning to re-read "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" again before the movie comes out December 9.

Come to think of it, I'll probably re-read "Brokeback Mountain" again before the movie comes out. I read the story when it was originally published years ago, and thought it was very powerful. It also takes place in Wyoming, one of my favorite states...

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Stu. Wyoming. Sheep.

[No]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

[Mad]

Sheep? I think you've mistaken me for someone else...
Click for fullsize image

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
[ROTFLMAO]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Wasn't there a song about being "Wide Legged and Eyeless"?
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by lancesrealm:
I bought George R.R. Martin's "A Feast for Crows" on Tuesday. I traveled to Lexington to a book signing Wednesday night and now have an autographed copy! Yay! (I'm reading it too, by the way.)

feast for crows is OUT?!?!

oh great there goes my school work.

i finished knife of dreams, by robert jordan, was good...lots of tying up loose ends (which is good) but not much new....progress.

[ November 16, 2005, 08:33 AM: Message edited by: disaster boy ]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
Yup - came out November 8th. It is good - but I think it is a step down from the first three books. I'm about 80% of the way through it, and am enjoying it, even though nothing much seems to happen.
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 91 pages: 1  2  3  ...  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  ...  89  90  91   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.