Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » So what are you READING? (Page 32)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 91 pages: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  ...  89  90  91   
Author Topic: So what are you READING?
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
Nobody reading anything? I'm still reading Misfortune and enjoying it.

[ October 24, 2005, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: Semi Transparent Fellow ]

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I am finishing up Perilous Time - Free Speech in Wartime - from the Sedition Act of 1798 to the War on Terror.

I had shared this from the book with the guys (& FC) during the con.

During WWI the US government encouraged civic organizations to ferret out "disloyalty". Among the groups were: The Knights of Liberty, The Boy Spies of America, The Sedition Slammers, and The Terrible Threateners. All of which strike me as names from the Golden Age of Comics.

[ October 24, 2005, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: Quislet, Esq. ]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
The Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 -- A Political History
From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saturn Girl
Always Leave Them Spellbound

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saturn Girl           Edit/Delete Post     
For anyone who enjoyed the Charlene Harris vampire books, you should also love the series by Kim Harrison.... Book One, 'Dead Witch Walking,' Book Two, 'The Good, the Bad and the Undead,' and now Book Three, 'Every Which Way But Dead.' The heroine, Rachel, is a very powerful witch in a world which has equal numbers of mundane humans and magickal folk. Rachel tracks down and deals with witches, vampires, demons, and were creatures who break the rules and kill humans. Interesting and entertaining, and would make a fun movie.
From: Utah (non-Mormon!!!) | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
knife of dreams came out!

im reading through it....pretty good, better than maybe the last two....

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by disaster boy:
knife of dreams came out!

im reading through it....pretty good, better than maybe the last two....

you read like real books?
From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
[tease]
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
I just finished Migrant Daughter for my Chicano Studies class and I actually really enjoyed it, so I thought I'd share. w00t~

That is all.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
I just got a copy of "Moominvalley in November" -- this was the last in the Moomin series of children's books by Finnish author Tove Jansson. I read all the other books in the series as a kid, but for some reason never got a hold of "November." By the time I thought to look for it, it was no longer available in the US.

They finally started reprinting it a few years ago -- and I finally found out about it recently -- and now I'll be able to say that I've read the entire series, at last.

My favorites are still "Comet in Moominland" and "Finn Family Moomintroll." The later ones were well-written and evocative, but melancholy and less fun...

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
So what is this Mooninvalley - a place for butt flashers?
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Moomins look a little like furry hippos that walk upright (seriously!). The author did all the illustrations for the books as well.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Bunnicula.

A cat trying to pound a steak (not a typo) through the heart of a vampire rabbit...

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Probability Pete
Probably

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Probability Pete   Email Probability Pete         Edit/Delete Post     
Just finished "Anansi Boys" by Neil Gaiman (very, very good). About to start " The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay"; I know I'm late on that one but it's 600 pages.
From: NJ | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Tove Jansson also wrote some excellent adult fiction. "Summer Book" is a series of connected stories about the permanent residents of an island shared with summer vacation homes.

I've started Dan Simmons' Olympos, which is great, but I keep getting interrupted. There have been some fairly unmemorable books, but a recent highligh was Ishiguro's Never Let Me Go, which Semi praised highly. It really was an exceptionally thought-provoking book - one that merits re-rereading.

One I'm eagerly awaiting from the library is Arthur and George by Julian Barnes. It's fiction, but based on a true story of Arthur Conan Doyle fighting the wrongful conviction of George (whose last name I've forgotten). I heard in a radio review of the book that it was this particular case which led to the establishment of the British Court of Appeals.

[ November 03, 2005, 02:21 AM: Message edited by: Fat Cramer ]

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
Rereading Watership Downs....
Also about to read a book I found in the Library Im doing some temp work at for the Next 5 weeks..."The Rainbow boys"...and in a Catholic School Library no less.
Nice to see theres resources for the Gay kids these days.

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 91 pages: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  ...  89  90  91   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.