Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2 (Page 31)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Where are we doing Legion Night (tonight) this week?

Shall we do Virtue or Infinity? I've been on Infinity pretty much every night this week so I wouldn't mind playing on Virtue tonight but I'm up for either. Or we could play with our "Forgotten Legion" on Protector (haven't done that in ages!)

If we do play on Virtue shall we use our A team Legionniares or do we want to play some of our B Teamers. They've also been ignored for a long time. We did that last night on Infinity and we had a blast.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
Got Bluette up to 20 last night and picked up
cloaking device. The stealth effect on that is
unlike anything I've seen in a long time ... I
slotted it with a defense buff to begin wtih
because I knew I was going to have to do the
costume mish solo, and I didn't know how many
baddies I'd be facing when I stepped outside
the door.

I don't know now if the stealth helped or if my
ambush got intercepted because I waited for what
seemed like a full minute without the baddies
showing, so I attacked some nearby 15 tsoo, and
then had about 5 level 20s attack me ... a yellow
ink man, and some enforcers. No sorcerer or
ancestor spirit.

The main problem I ran into is that fighting with
the cloak on is a monstrous endurance drain. I
remmber that when I first got stealth for Blue I
couldn't fly too far at all with him before I'd
run out of endurance. Bluette is an endurance hog
anyway, so i was running out of juice in no time
flat. I can pick up stamina at 22 so that's going
to help, but I think I'm going to need at least
one endurance reduction in there until I get
stamina fully slotted.

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyleLyle
hmmmm....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyleLyle   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Reserve Your Global Chat Name!

quote:
Attention Heroes!!

Our new Global Chat feature will be going to the Live servers soon and we want to give you the opportunity to reserve your global chat handle!

What is Global Chat?

Global Chat is an in-game cross-server chat system and friends list.

What is a Global Chat Handle?

Every player selects a name which they are universally known by; this "handle" is what they can be referred to regardless of what character they happen to be playing at the moment or what server they are on.

How do I reserve my global chat handle?

Just change your message board name to the name you wish to reserve for global chat now. You will need to leave your message board name changed until after Global Chat goes to the live servers and you have logged in successfully for the first time. After global chat goes live, changing your board name will no longer affect your global chat handle.

How do I change my message board name?

Click on "My Home."

From this page, under main configuration, choose Edit from the Personal information section. The first option to edit should be your display name.

What happens if I do not have a Message Board name?

If you do not have a message board name, your global chat handle will be the name of the character you log in with for the first time after global chat goes live. If that name has already been taken, a number will be added to the end to make it unique. Everyone can change their global chat handle one time after global chat goes live.

The same characters the in-game name generator takes, the global chat handle will take.

So Texas_Titan on the boards should be Texas_Titan in GC.

If the name you have now is the name you want - you don't have to do anything. Just leave it as is!

Beta board names will not work and we can not "give" you your beta board name if it is taken by someone on the boards now. Sorry.

The name has to be over 4 characters for the boards, I can't change that, but after you log in you will have a chance to change it to one less than 4 letters with your "one time change" option.

Global Chat will not include the test server at this time. This might change someday but I don't know for sure.

You will not get another chance at your handle so check your spelling before you submit.

If you change your GCH in game (with your one time change option) it will tell you if that name is already taken and let you choose another.

I'm debating if I want to stay CrocoLyle or be my usual LyleLyle

[ December 09, 2004, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: LyleLyle ]

--------------------
Lyle's part-time blogging

Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
And here are 3 shots of Bluette now: front, back, and invisable: Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Vee
Still smoooooth!

quote:
Originally posted by LyleLyle:
quote:
Originally posted by Firebow:
Anyone interested in starting a 'Re-Imagined' Legion team on CoH? Maybe not Waids.. but our own?

I call dibs on Lyle re-imagined as a suave, seductive spy!
As far as a re-imagined Legion, I'm definitely up for that! What server are we invading for that? Since Caroline and Blue already have sorta re-imagined Legionnaires (Silver Chalice & Dox 5.1) on Protector we could do it there. I'm the only one that seems to have a space problem on Protector (based on the most current rosters on the other thread) but there are a couple of chars I could retire to make way for the members of the re-imagined Super Legion.

--------------------

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

quote:
Originally posted by LyleLyle:
I'm debating if I want to stay CrocoLyle or be my usual LyleLyle

My board handle is Varalent so I'll just leave it as is until I can change it live. Then I'll probably go to Vee.

--------------------

Blue Battler
Honorary

quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
Where are we doing Legion Night (tonight) this week?

Shall we do Virtue or Infinity? I've been on Infinity pretty much every night this week so I wouldn't mind playing on Virtue tonight but I'm up for either. Or we could play with our "Forgotten Legion" on Protector (haven't done that in ages!)

If we do play on Virtue shall we use our A team Legionniares or do we want to play some of our B Teamers. They've also been ignored for a long time. We did that last night on Infinity and we had a blast.

I really do want to get Star up to 20 sometime
soon so I can get him his costume and cape: I
have the perfect combo planned. 8-)

On the other hand, I wouldn't mind playing the
lower characters on Virtue either. I got Xs Ive
up to 9 the last time we played her, and I
wouldn't mind working on her some more.

If we play on Protector, I'm going to play
Colorific. Vee can help me get him personal
invisibility! 8-)

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Bluette looks great Blue! Grats on getting her to 20!

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
RE: Global Chat. My board name is already Lightning_Lad so I don't think I'll change it. Unless I go to my latest favorite instead.

I don't know about playing tonight. I'm exhausted and just spent $300 have our car brakes replaced. I may just sit this one out and veg with the TV.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

[Frown]

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Actually I don't like the underscore so I went ahead and changed over to GarthRanzz for my board name.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

quote:

Thanks, Vee. The cape mish is what I'm dreading
now. I know that I need to do it while she's
not very high, but I don't relish going in there
alone ... I may have to see if I can have a higher
up friend help me. I don't really care about the
XP that much ... though it'd be nice to get it...
I just want her to have a cape!

Vee
Still smoooooth!

quote:
Originally posted by Blue Battler:
quote:

Thanks, Vee. The cape mish is what I'm dreading
now. I know that I need to do it while she's
not very high, but I don't relish going in there
alone ... I may have to see if I can have a higher
up friend help me. I don't really care about the
XP that much ... though it'd be nice to get it...
I just want her to have a cape!

Wish I could help you Blue but my highest on Triumph is Junior and he's only a level 10. What you really need along is an empathy defender with clear mind and heal. I'm convinced that all it really takes is a good healer and a reasonable snipe to pull individuals out to you. Taking it slow and using my "Snipe, Run, and Hover" technique works perfectly.

And I would argue against a higher up. I think that just gets you bigger mobs to deal with. Find a level 20-21 healer to go with you.

[ December 09, 2004, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: Vee ]

--------------------

Blue Battler
Honorary

I don't know any level 20 something healers
on Triumph that I'd trust, unfortunately. I
can't really exemp Grem's controller down
that far, I think, because I don't think she'd
picked up clear mind by then ...

I may try to solo it once just to see what
happens. Were you able to fight your way to
the chamber without the capsule being
destroyed? The first time I tried it, we
had the capsule get destroyed on us before
we got there. If Bluette's cloaking device
was good enough I'd be able to get past the
baddies and get into the time capsule chamber
itself, but I don't think it's as good as
superior invisibility by a long shot.

[ December 09, 2004, 04:25 PM: Message edited by: Blue Battler ]

Vee
Still smoooooth!

That was a bug that was fixed Blue. The mob around the capsule will not aggro until you get within aggro range or attack one of them. Just be sure to check everything carefully before attacking anyone. Don't SPRINT anywhere particularly through doorways. If there are wanderers in the same room as the group around the capsule snipe them and let them come to you. The only mob you need to be careful of is the one immediately around the capsule.

--------------------

This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.