Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » So what are you WATCHING? (Page 29)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 80 pages: 1  2  3  ...  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  ...  78  79  80   
Author Topic: So what are you WATCHING?
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:

Swearagin is not only the meanest and most rugged character I've ever seen, he's possibly the most likeable!

reading up to your first comma I was thinking "that's not Swearagin you're describing, that's Anton Chigurh. But then you added "he's possibly the most likeable!" and that in totality describes him perfectly to me also.

Now, Bullock on the other hand. Two seasons and unless I missed something, they really haven't fleshed this character out as to why he is the way he is. Not even much of a hint, other than a few things he told his son and I didn't see any explanation that could be taken from that.

I'm really hoping that the library has season 3 in stock.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
Nothing as cool as you guys. I've been doing a bunch of downloading recently and today's MOVIE DAY!!
This morning we've watched Caveman with Ringo Starr, Shelly Long and Dennis Quaid. If you've never seen it then shame on you, it's hilarious. Now it's Surf's Up and next is The Day the Earth Stood Still followed later on by Mama Mia!!

I'm downloading The Colour of Magic and hope like heck I get it burned to disk in time to add it to today's movie fun.

YK, so how did it go? Were they good, bad, ok?
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I watched the Michael Caine version of The Quiet American this weekend. Interesting to compare with the original version, which I just saw a couple of weeks ago. I think the newer version is a better movie overall, but I prefer the original, more tragic ending.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Over the weekend, I finally gave in and watched Maxed Out with mr_cleome. Once my burning desire to punch my fist through the computer monitor subsided, I decided that it was actually pretty well done. Also it fueled my determination to sell everything I own (if necessary), up to and including my internal organs, in order to get the credit monkey off my back;At least for a little while. :/

Obviously all documentaries have their biases, and you have to approach them with that in mind, but I thought its points were well-made. Whether it would change the viewer's mind if s/he went into it with entirely opposing biases... I don't know. Also I don't necessarily recommend it for weekend viewing, if what you want on the weekend is escapism.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenaustin
4/28/37 - I miss you, momma - 6/13/11

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenaustin   Author's Homepage   Email kenaustin         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
....I'm downloading The Colour of Magic and hope like heck I get it burned to disk in time to add it to today's movie fun.

YK, so how did it go? Were they good, bad, ok?
If you liked "The Colour of Magic," you should look for "Hogfather," another excellent Pratchett Discworld movie. Death was hilarious taking over the duties of the missing Hogfather(Discworld's Santa Claus), while his granddaughter, Susan, investigates the Hogfather's disappearance.

--------------------
kenaustin's korner - Legion Magic

From: Louisville, Ky | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Just saw a favorite childhood film of mine. Dead Poets Society. I think this is the 3rd time I watched it since it's debut in 1989. 2nd time was in 1993 I believe. So it's been 16 years.

It was very good. It was sweet and to the point. Not overly complex and well directed (Peter Weir a great director that has not done many films and that is a good thing)

I never knew Ethan Hawke was in it. I remember the other guys but not him. You'd think I would've recognized him atleast from Reality Bites.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Saw Dr. Who's 4 series ender this last week on BBC America.
Fans on the net site said quite a bit was cut.

What seemed strange to me was that the whole 4th was played all over again this year with the season cliffhanger combined with what I would have thought was the part 2 BEGINNING of series 5.
But it's not and I'm pretty confused.
Does anyone here know why the reoeat season being hailed as 'new'?

Sometimes, I think I live in the Twilight Zone.
[Frown]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
i must admit my new guilty Pleasure is Degrassi TNG. i use to watch the original on Nickelodeon and PBS from back in the day and one day i noticed that Degrassi the next generation was airing in syndication so i watched it and got hooked all over again.

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Animated Dilbert. I know, I know. But I just can't help it.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Battlestar Galactica. Totally addicted.
From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
I am watching the Dead Like Me marathon today. Love that series and can't wait to get a new DVD movie coming out soon this week.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I spent most of President's Day on the couch watching Pokemon and taking naps.
sigh

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

We have a local pizza joint/theater that's been showing movies about civil rights and social justice recently. (Appropriately enough, the pizza joint is on MLK Blvd.) Last week they had a documentary called A Time For Burning (1967). It was very no-frills in the style of that period's approach to a documentary. Somebody points a camera and just lets the subjects air their fears, frustrations and hopes (or lack of same) with little or no intervention. But bells and whistles aren't necessary when the subject matter is this good. Check it out, but be warned that it's not light entertainment.

--------------------

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I watched Heckler last night, a documentary about people who heckle stand-up comedians and movie/show critics - from the point of view of the performers. It was pretty interesting, particularly how some of the stand-ups deal with hecklers (ranging from clever to violent). There was a lot of focus on Jamie Kennedy, who I've never seen in a movie or show, but who I gather is not very well regarded, to put it mildly....

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Is there a support group for viewers of the film Adaptation ? Seriously. I can't remember the last time I was so caught up in the first 3/4ths of a movie, only to be bitterly disappointed and practically hurling furniture at the screen during the last quarter.

Yeesh. I felt bad for Meryl Streep, and I don't even like Meryl Streep.

Still watching the Teen Titans cartoons on disc. Sometimes the anime shtick can wear on my nerves, but in general it's enjoyable and nostalgic. I really like how they handled the Gar/Tara thing-- giving it a fair amount of depth for a kid-friendly show.

--------------------

This topic comprises 80 pages: 1  2  3  ...  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  ...  78  79  80   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.