Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » So what are you WATCHING? (Page 28)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 80 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...  78  79  80   
Author Topic: So what are you WATCHING?
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree, disturbing is a better word then horrifing.
You're much better at words then me, ML.

There's so many Hitchcock stories I don't think I've seen as many as I'd like.
I used to watch his TV series way back when.

I recently saw the original Deeds movie and it was wonderful.
Was the main actor Cooper or Peck?
I want to remember Coop in the part but the last old style movie I saw had Peck for sure, a reporter undercover as jewish.
Gary Cooper was my mom's favorite and he's one of mine, too, right up there with Spencer Tracy.

Come to think of it, I saw Smith recently, too!
That's Jimmy Stewart and the valley and Claude Rains as the mentor who's sold out?

Anyway ~ I loved I Claudius by PBS when I saw it in it's american showing. Was that really in the 70's?
gads
It has Derek Jacobie and James Hurt (Aliens) in it. They were so good in that mini-series!
When I see them in anything else, I expect them to be lisping or cutting off someone's balls!

Jacobie was just on Dr. Who for a couple of episodes (rerun this year). He starred in the Brother Cadfiel(sp?) Mysteries, too.
That's a fun series and I even found a gardening book on herbs and remedies from the middle ages named after the show!
[Smile]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Any fans of I *Heart* Huckabees here ?

Normally, I tend to be skeptical when people rave about "quirky indy" films. The quirkiness ends up being wayyyyyyyy overdone and/or pointless. But this movie did have an actual plot that I could follow and take interest in. Also the acting was top-notch, which kept things from dragging.

I appreciated that neither the villains nor the heroes, such as the set-up was, were playing with entirely full decks;That neither side was operating for entirely selfless or selfish reasons. It kept my sympathy up for grabs mostly, so I never got bored.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
Any fans of I *Heart* Huckabees here ?

Normally, I tend to be skeptical when people rave about "quirky indy" films. The quirkiness ends up being wayyyyyyyy overdone and/or pointless. But this movie did have an actual plot that I could follow and take interest in. Also the acting was top-notch, which kept things from dragging.

I appreciated that neither the villains nor the heroes, such as the set-up was, were playing with entirely full decks;That neither side was operating for entirely selfless or selfish reasons. It kept my sympathy up for grabs mostly, so I never got bored.

Yes. I like that movie, too, for the same reasons you listed.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Sounds like I should see it.

I want to see the Brad Pitt movie that's out now, I forget the title, of course.
He's growing younger.

And looking back, I don't think JAMES Hurt is correct.
I just don't think his name is WILLIAM Hurt.
sigh

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
We watched the original Mr. Deeds in grad school (Gary Cooper is the lead Shady, you were right the first time). Its actually a really great film! Not Capra's best, but a pretty darn good movie.

Mr. Smith Goes to Washington is nothing short of extraordinary and it deserves all the praise it gets. Jimmy Stewart is one of the most likeable human beings in the history of man, and Claude Reins--now there was an actor that could ACT! One of the greatest of all time, though sometimes forgotten today.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

PS - anyone ever watch the show "How I Met Your Mother"? I just started watching it. One of the funniest shows I've ever seen and complete with some real heart and commentary on friendship and relationships. I'd say this is the second funniest show on television behind "Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia" which is a completely different show in that its so off the wall.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey! Don't leave Jean Arthur out! She's my favorite old-timey actress (she was Capra's, too). Stewart and Rains are great, but a good deal of MR. SMITH GOES TO WASHINGTON's heart and intelligence come from her character.
From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I've seen It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, but I take it in controlled doses. As I do the U.S. Office. Given RL right now, I really need my head in a happy place most of the time. Neither of those shows exactly provides the minimum RDA of Happy Place. :/

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Cleome, there is mucho happy place in "How I Met Your Mother"!
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

'The Curious Case of Benjamin Button'
Or something like that.

And it's JOHN Hurt on I Claudius.

Yes, Jean Arthur was wonderful.
It amazes me that so many of those older time stars were so individual in their beauty.

Just take Jean, Kate Hepburn, Donna Reed, Ingrid Bergman and Marlena Dietricht, for Stewart costars!

These were my mother's era, but they seem so ageless and forever.
(Sorry for the edit ~ a teacher was here talking to me and I forgot what I was doing!)
[Roll Eyes]

[ February 10, 2009, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Watched Woody Allen's Celebrity the other night. I read it was a homage or remake of Dolce Vita.

Now this I got into much more than Dolce Vita. I admit Vita was more deep but Celebrity just worked better.

Since Vita was fresh in my mind I picked up all the similarities and how they diverged just a bit.

Kenneth Branagh did an amazing job acting like...Woody Allen. Judy Davis played Kenneth's wife and I thought it was a Mia Farrow imitation.

Lots of stars. Charlize Theron (i saw her in person last year!) was very hot in this! She was grinding on Anthony Mason (one of my fave Knicks ever!). Wynona Ryder did great as well. I love Gretchen Mol. She was in the Leo scene.

I suggest everyone check this out. And ofcourse it takes place in NYC.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

As an aside, I make sure I watch that Charlize Theron commercial everytime its on (for the perfume). WOW! [Love]
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Nothing as cool as you guys. I've been doing a bunch of downloading recently and today's MOVIE DAY!!
This morning we've watched Caveman with Ringo Starr, Shelly Long and Dennis Quaid. If you've never seen it then shame on you, it's hilarious. Now it's Surf's Up and next is The Day the Earth Stood Still followed later on by Mama Mia!!

I'm downloading The Colour of Magic and hope like heck I get it burned to disk in time to add it to today's movie fun.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Deadwood DVDs, second season.

Kidney stone. "Instrument." Accessing the bladder. That's all I'm saying.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Deadwood Season Two was possibly the best season ever of a TV show. I just watched all three seasons last month. What a great show.

Swearagin is not only the meanest and most rugged character I've ever seen, he's possibly the most likeable!

The kidney stone sequence was incredibly painful to watch. Really well done.

This topic comprises 80 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...  78  79  80   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.