Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2 (Page 28)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
Sprock, Scott... you're going to need to
power level the rest of the historical
group. At that rate, Sam could have fire
imps by New Year's! 8-)

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, I got Blue up to 33 tonight. He's
one bubble in, actually.

Dang ... and I stayed up about 2 hours
later than I wanted ... [Frown]

But I'm convinced now that it's my router
that'st the problem. I disconnected it before
I logged onto COH at all tonight, and I ran
from about 7:30 to just now without a single
disconnect. I don't think that's ever happened
to me before ...

[ December 06, 2004, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: Blue Battler ]

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Battler:
imps by New Year's! 8-)

[LOL] Just logged in for another 30 minutes and got 3 bubbles toward 14. And that was even with dying twice and clearing the debt. I've found that I can pretty much take out anything my own level, even Leads if they are solo, without too much trouble. And I've gotten just about everything slotted with DOs right now. Including his Hasten which only has about 1 minute of downtime. It really helps. Next up, at 14, is Super Speed. EAP will be my first character to reach it.

And Caroline says she wants to create a Lenore character and have me powerlevel her.

[ December 06, 2004, 10:34 PM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, that reminds me. Do we have an SG for the historical group yet? If not I'll form it if you guys will give me a name and color/symbol choices.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry I missed your message last night Scott.

Seymour found me on Infinity just after I posted and we worked on leveling Princess. She's now a 20 (grats Princess!) and she and Beauty will likely do their cape missions tonight.

As far as the historical heroes, we don't have an SG set up yet. You're probably the first one able to create one. How about "A Blast From The Past" [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doc Nimbus
Legion of Virtue

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doc Nimbus   Email Doc Nimbus         Edit/Delete Post     
How do you guys get all this time to play? [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Your plan didn't work, now let's try it my way...brute force!"

From: Founder's Falls, Paragon City | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Battler:
imps by New Year's! 8-)

[LOL] Just logged in for another 30 minutes and got 3 bubbles toward 14. And that was even with dying twice and clearing the debt. I've found that I can pretty much take out anything my own level, even Leads if they are solo, without too much trouble. And I've gotten just about everything slotted with DOs right now. Including his Hasten which only has about 1 minute of downtime. It really helps. Next up, at 14, is Super Speed. EAP will be my first character to reach it.

And Caroline says she wants to create a Lenore character and have me powerlevel her.

Heh.

She should be Virginia, Poe's wife. I don't know
what she actually looked like, but I always kind
of picture her as being the first goth ...

Blue Battler
Honorary

quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
Sorry I missed your message last night Scott.

Seymour found me on Infinity just after I posted and we worked on leveling Princess. She's now a 20 (grats Princess!) and she and Beauty will likely do their cape missions tonight.

As far as the historical heroes, we don't have an SG set up yet. You're probably the first one able to create one. How about "A Blast From The Past" [Big Grin]

Man, I gotta get Star up to 20 so he can get
HIS cape ...
[Frown]

Bluette is within a hairsbreadth of 19, though,
and I think I'd be able to make it to 20 for her
a lot faster than I can Star. I hate not being
able to solo Star. [Frown]

LyleLyle
hmmmm....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyleLyle   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Argh, sorry I missed you, Scott.

Did a really buggy mission late last night with Jade... the thugs started... well, best word I can think of is rubberbanding while my powers went wonky (I'd click and nothing would happen except that the button would recharge once I clicked on another button). I sent a bug report then the game crashed. Ah, well. Also did a mish with Prism... I think he's working on two storylines right now, the Vaz disease and the Sky Raiders' one.

I got Captian Hottie up to level 25 sunday and did the Sister Psyche TF. It's an interesting TF, but I recommend having a couple fast travellers on the team -- one as leader and one as gopher. SP has a few errand missions and with those you might as well send off a gopher while the leader stays with SP to pick up the next mission as soon as the errand is done.

The story arcs get interesting at the higher levels, definately. I can't imagine getting a character up in levels by doing the street grind.

--------------------
Lyle's part-time blogging

Lightning Lad
Founder

I don't think it was just the mission Lyle. Caroline was having issues last night too. CoH wouldn't even let her log off at one time and she couldn't even move. I think they may have been doing some work on the servers.

I really wish they wouldn't make it so you had to do the story arcs or team up to enjoy the higher levels. I kinda enjoy playing by myself at times, just to work out stress. There are just times that putting up with all the interacting, and not all game related, in a team is just too much for this loner.

LyleLyle
hmmmm....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyleLyle   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
I really wish they wouldn't make it so you had to do the story arcs or team up to enjoy the higher levels. I kinda enjoy playing by myself at times, just to work out stress. There are just times that putting up with all the interacting, and not all game related, in a team is just too much for this loner.

So far, Captain Hottie has only had to do a little bit of teaming... there was one mish that required a team (tandem glowy) and in Task Forces, which is kinda the point. I suspect there's a definate Achetype question there... my Fire/Dev blaster is fine for fun and easy soloing but my regen scrapper just couldn't take down electric eel on their own, due to his electricity field.

--------------------
Lyle's part-time blogging

Blue Battler
Honorary

A lot of the story arcs can be done solo if you
don't have the problems that I normally have. I
did a bunch of the episodes myself. If you like
to be alone, it's a good way to do it: once
you're in a mish you don't get asked to team. 8-)

Personally, Blue needs a healer with him most of
the time I think. I don't have any inherent
healing powers of my own, and you can only carry
so many greens. I wish that my secondary would
include the healing flames that a fire tank has,
or that I had room for another pool power so I
could take the medical devices path.

Oh, I picked up the Adamant-- 1 million points
of damage!-- badge last night. 8-)

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Seymour, Beauty is inside the memorial. She's got everything cleared out execpt for the 3 Lost (2 minions and 1 Anathema) around the capsule and one other Anathem who is patroling near them. She's patiently waiting for Princess & hear Clear Mind and heals in order to take on this last group! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
Seymour, Beauty is inside the memorial. She's got everything cleared out execpt for the 3 Lost (2 minions and 1 Anathema) around the capsule and one other Anathem who is patroling near them. She's patiently waiting for Princess & hear Clear Mind and heals in order to take on this last group! [Big Grin]

Good luck, guys.

I'd offer to help, but probably adding a 3rd
body would cause you more trouble than benefit.

Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
I have been pretty good with soloing myself. I just took Shadowkeeper through the Frostfire mission.

I've also been playing Danny Blaine alot too...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.