Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2 (Page 26)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2
LyleLyle
hmmmm....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyleLyle   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
Just started to log in and saw a notice that Issue #3 is now available for download on the live server though it has yet to go "Live". Looks like just a few days to go before they roll it out. It will begin downloading when you log OFF (like in the past) and you can cancel it at any time so yuo can download it in stages and be ready to play right away when it goes live.

Noooooo!!!! I still need Captain Hottie to level up to Bastion! He must have that final battle with the 5th...

[ December 02, 2004, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: LyleLyle ]

--------------------
Lyle's part-time blogging

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyleLyle
hmmmm....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyleLyle   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Battler:
Did you read the rest of that post from States, Lyle? Of course they couldn't do stuff for tanks without nerfing someone else.

Regen Scrappers are going to get nerfed by making two of their best powers mutually exclusive. As for the rest of us, we're having our max damage resistance lowered while Tanks stay the same.

I've got a tank in Andrew, so I'm going to see some benefit, but I don't see why everyone else has to take a hit.

I saw that but I don't really know what to think of it, not having any of my regen scrappers within range of either power. I do know that part of the cry of "Tanks are useless! Help us!" came the call that Regen scrappers, properly slotted, made better tanks because they could heal from the damage so quickly that it was like having amazing resistance... plus they did major damage.

The tankers pushing for fixes were wanting States to look at regen scrappers... at first he said they calculated that regen scrappers couldn't build resistance better than a tank, but then after more testing said that he realized that regen scrappers could get better resistance. (IIRC, natch)

I don't know much (not playing with high-level regen scrappers), but I see why they're hitting regen since regen was a target of tankers.

--------------------
Lyle's part-time blogging

Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by LyleLyle:
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Battler:
Did you read the rest of that post from States, Lyle? Of course they couldn't do stuff for tanks without nerfing someone else.

Regen Scrappers are going to get nerfed by making two of their best powers mutually exclusive. As for the rest of us, we're having our max damage resistance lowered while Tanks stay the same.

I've got a tank in Andrew, so I'm going to see some benefit, but I don't see why everyone else has to take a hit.

I saw that but I don't really know what to think of it, not having any of my regen scrappers within range of either power. I do know that part of the cry of "Tanks are useless! Help us!" came the call that Regen scrappers, properly slotted, made better tanks because they could heal from the damage so quickly that it was like having amazing resistance... plus they did major damage.

The tankers pushing for fixes were wanting States to look at regen scrappers... at first he said they calculated that regen scrappers couldn't build resistance better than a tank, but then after more testing said that he realized that regen scrappers could get better resistance. (IIRC, natch)

I don't know much (not playing with high-level regen scrappers), but I see why they're hitting regen since regen was a target of tankers.

So why not just increase the Tanks even more
rather than nerfing the scrappers? That's the
whole problem with the process... they can't
seem to help someone without gimping someone
else ...

Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
Cosmic Rokk and Xs Ive are on Virtue right now, waiting for the rest of you. I'll switch to
Andrew as soon as we have enough people. 8-)

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
4+ hours (I think, forget to actually time it). Maybe something is fixed now because I haven't done anything to change my PC. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Got Bluette within 2 bubbles of 18 last night--
time to pick Health from the fitness pool, bah!--
and got Xs Ive up to level 9. Andrew came about 3
bubbles closer to 22 as well, so it was a pretty
productive night. 8-)

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
4+ hours (I think, forget to actually time it). Maybe something is fixed now because I haven't done anything to change my PC. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Did you finish downloading the patch for Issue 3? I'll bet anything that's what resolved the problem.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:

Did you finish downloading the patch for Issue 3? I'll bet anything that's what resolved the problem.
That's what I'm thinking. The patch only took about 3 minutes to download and I did it long before logging in for the night.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Sigh. I still had 2 disconnects last night. I gotta
see if I can run my pc without my router and see if
that makes a difference.

Blue Battler
Honorary

Is anyone playing tonight? I got Bluette up
to 18 ... two more levels and she gets her
second costume!

Super Lad Kid
part-time lurker

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Super Lad Kid   Email Super Lad Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Tonight will be the first time I'll be playing in a long time! I got a chance to play for about ten minutes on Monday and have been sick/busy ever since! This is so relaxing.

I'll be playing Val Armorr on Infinity if anyone wants to join me.

From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Well, Val and Star got to play some tonight,
and I got to use mutate 2 or 3 times on Val. 8-)

I died once but since I was exemping myself to
Val I was able to wipe out the debt by the end
of the mish.

I want to figure out why we had that problem with
Beauty dying, Vee. We need to play some more where
Beaut dies and gives me a chance to use mutate on
her again. ;-)

I hooked my pc directly up to my broadband
connection to see if my problem was a result
of my router or not. The results are inconclusive
so far because while I did have a disconnect, it
isn't my usual kind ...

Guess I'll have to play tomorrow. Rigth now, I'm
beat ..

Patch Lad
Missing in Action

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patch Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Patch Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Where you guys been playing these days??

Work and stuff has been real busy, and I got caught up in it all.... [Frown]

--------------------
"Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe."

-Edmund Burke

From: Mississippi | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Patch! We've missed you on Legion Nights. We still play on Virtue and Infinity and we have heroes scattered around all the other servers as well. We usually keep each other posted on this thread so if you're looking for someone to play with, just check here first.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Hey, guys.

This weekend is my birthday-- well, actually TODAY--
was my birthday. 8-)

I decided to be good to myself and among other
things, I picked up the DVD edition of COH. You
don't actually have to use the disk to get the
upgrade. What you do is go to your account under
COH-- and that's where your serial number is,
incidentally-- and enter in the new serial number,
and it upgrades your account. All there is to it.

I don't see that even my female characters will
take the filmy cape, but I think the power slide
is going to come in handy for my pre-travel power
characters. I'm not totally sure yet, but it does
seem to be noticeably faster than sprint is.

This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.