Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2 (Page 24)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2
LyleLyle
hmmmm....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyleLyle   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Argh, just as I was going to post congratulations, Scott. Sorry to hear CoH is still troubling you.

After this morning's patch, I had the same problem I had before, where logging in freezes my machine. I tried doing a reinstall of CoH and that got it to work. I'm hoping I only have to do that once.

--------------------
Lyle's part-time blogging

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Well that's that. I left work early today because I wasn't feeling well. I decided to see if CoH was going to work still for me. I try logging in and nothing, stuck on the connecting (CoH Updater) screen. Quit try again. Same thing. Quit try again. Same. Reboot my PC and after a 20 second or so wait the updater finally kicks in and downloads a new patch. You never would guess what happened next. One hour into playing and hey, what's this? My PC shuts down? That's never happened before after a patch.

I've had it. I don't know what the hell they were trying to 'fix' this time but I'm not wasting my time having to update my BIOS, clear out my registry, uninstall then reinstall the program everytime I want to play. Two hours work to get a couple of hours playing time is not worth it. I've sent another update to TS but I highly suspect their next answer is, get a desktop computer.

Thomas, if you haven't bought yourself the new laptop for your birthday yet, don't bother. At least not if you want to play CoH. The one we were talking about is in the same model line as mine and you are bound to, at least eventually, have the same issues.

When I got home from work today, I tried to log
on as well, and at first it had the same problem
with not connecting that you're talking about,
so I went ahead and rebooted and that got me
into the game.

I'm working on Bluette because I'd like to get her
up to 20 by this weekend. That's when I get her a
cloaking device, a new costume, and a cape if I
want to get her one. I'm about halfway to 18
now.

[Big Grin]

Scott, I guess I'll hold off on the new laptop
as the stories you've told me about possibly
burning out a video card don't induce me to want
one for COH all that bad.

Oh, I checked on the patch the first thing after
it got loaded. it was a gimp, of course: it had
something to do with duping influence ...

Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Oh, and I had to log back in as quick as I could after being booted off since it left EAP stranded in the middle of Steel. He's just an 11, barely, and was surrounded by a bunch of 12th level Leads (went there for a new contact). Luckily he wasn't dead in the street when I logged back in but I had just enough time to reach AP and was selling my enhancements when it happened again. Exactly two minutes after logging in.

Comcast is giving a free 15 day trial of Asheron's Call 2. I think I'll try it out.

My friend back home has an XBox and we played
some Halo 2. That's kind of tempting me ... and
it's not really that expensive a process. The
XBox is 150, the game is 50, a subscription to
Xbox live for a year is 50, and then whatever
the wireless networking gear costs ... definitely
cheaper than a new laptop!
[Big Grin]

Blue Battler
Honorary

quote:
Originally posted by LyleLyle:
Argh, just as I was going to post congratulations, Scott. Sorry to hear CoH is still troubling you.

After this morning's patch, I had the same problem I had before, where logging in freezes my machine. I tried doing a reinstall of CoH and that got it to work. I'm hoping I only have to do that once.

The weird thing for me is that I'd swear that my
connection has actually been a little better
lately ... thoguh I'm tempted right now to take
my PC off the router and hook it up directly to
the modem to see if that fixes the problem once
and for all. If it does, then I'd know the problem
was in my router ...

Blue Battler
Honorary

Hey, guys, I've got a question about
reinstalling COH. I've not had to do it
yet, but if I should have to at some
point in the future, do you need that
serial code that comes with the game?

The reason I'm asking is that I downloaded
the game from Cryptic's website directly so
I didn't HAVE any packaging, and I'm wondering
what I would need to do if I should ever have
to reinstall the game....

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
I think you DO have to have that serial number but I'm not certain. It should be in the email you received from Cryptic when you donwloaded it. If you didn't save it, you can probably get them to reissue it to you. But I would do so BEFORE you need it. Then print out the email and save it someplace.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
You don't need the serial number unless you are re-registering the game, which isn't required. I've reinstalled it three times now and not had to provide the serial number. And NCSoft actually has a place in the account area (where you renew your time) for those who purchased the game online to get the serial number for it.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Just ran yet another dianostic sent to me by TS in order to track the problem. Now it looks like they are gearing towards it being my service provider. What that has to do with my PC shutting down I don't know. If it was like Blue's connectivity issues that's one thing. If I wasn't so pissed I'd go through the whole uninstall process again just to see if it would crash. To me that would prove it is something in their patch system.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Blue Battler:
quote:
Oh, and I had to log back in as quick as I could after being booted off since it left EAP stranded in the middle of Steel. He's just an 11, barely, and was surrounded by a bunch of 12th level Leads (went there for a new contact). Luckily he wasn't dead in the street when I logged back in but I had just enough time to reach AP and was selling my enhancements when it happened again. Exactly two minutes after logging in.

Comcast is giving a free 15 day trial of Asheron's Call 2. I think I'll try it out.

[Big Grin]

I've thought about getting an XBox but that wouldn't do me any good as Caroline's mom watches the only TV that I could use to play on. I wonder if I could connect one to my old flat panel monitor.
Blue Battler
Honorary

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Battler:
quote:

[Big Grin]

I've thought about getting an XBox but that wouldn't do me any good as Caroline's mom watches the only TV that I could use to play on. I wonder if I could connect one to my old flat panel monitor.
Good question. I don't know. I want to say that
I've seen LED hookups you can buy to hook up to
XBoxes and Gamecubes ...

Blue Battler
Honorary

Oh... Where is the Legion going to play
tomorrow?

Blue Battler
Honorary

Geez. And I didn't see anyone on today.

Guess I'll see about putting another bubble
on Bluette...

Blue Battler
Honorary

Found it, Scott.

Xbox LCD

Gah. Just looked at the price. It'd be cheaper
to buy a TV. 8-)

[ December 01, 2004, 07:36 PM: Message edited by: Blue Battler ]

Super Lad Kid
part-time lurker

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Super Lad Kid   Email Super Lad Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, man, Scott. Hate to see the problems your having. I had problems with my computer shutting down on occassion while playing the game, and it did lead to estended debt on more than one instance. I hate to say it, but I haven't had that problem in a long time. I think the patches have actually been working for me. Wish there was something I could do... [Frown]
From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Thanks SLK. I did have this same problem when they first released issue two but it went away after the first patch. I've never had it last this long. They've also not answered me yet on the last diagnostic. I think I have them finally convinced it isn't my PC. Hell, the laptop is running better now than it did when I first bought it will all the updates I've done. The only problem I have is with CoH.
  This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.