Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2 (Page 22)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2
Super Lad Kid
part-time lurker

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Super Lad Kid   Email Super Lad Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Blok finally finished the Positron Task Force mission!! On my third try of getting a random group of strangers to help me do the TF, everyone bailed on me leaving poor Blok on his own to finish the task after only three missions. Well, I was determined to finish it this time even if I had to do it myself. Thankfully, I had a heap of influence from some nice high-leveler who liked my costume, so I did some major upgrading. I 6-slotted my Resist Physical Damage and put defensive DO's in all slots. I added some DO's to my two attack powers. Next thing I know, I'm taking on Vaz and CoT bosses single-handedly!

Things go by much simpler when playing solo TF's. In fact I don't think there are nearly as many missions. I only completed four after my teammates left. I thought that there were ten or so misisons altogether. Also, there were no courier type missions, something I distinctly remember the last time I did this.

Anyway, I'm happy. The XP was very nice, as was the challenge of soloing. It would have been nice to have some fellow Legionnaires along, but I guess I just need to be more patient. :-)

From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Grats, SLK! Sounds like Blok is really a powerhouse now. Rokk made it to level 12 so he should be ready to do the Positron TF now. Anyone have 10-16 level chars on Virtue that want to try it?

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Way to go, SLK! That's interesting that it dropped missions while you were soloing. That was nice of the devs.

I think I'm gonna pop on to Infinity and see who's there. Maybe we can get Star his gdf. I'll be there or on Virtue.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
XS Ive is still just an 8, though she's closing
in on 9. i suppose I could work on her some to
get her up to 10. 8-)

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
I hate when I run out of missions [Frown] and have 2 levels to go before Ill get new contacts

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Or maybe not -- It's not letting me connect.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saturn Girl
Always Leave Them Spellbound

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saturn Girl           Edit/Delete Post     
[Mad] [Mad] [Mad] CoH is DOWN for both Scott and I. Scott was in communication with GM's about his problems and they hardly accepted responsibility at all. Finally they admitted that maybe their patch did something screwy to Scott's connection and offered him some 'fix-its' which he tried. Scott has Edgar Allan Poe less then 2 bubbles from lvl 9 and the whole damn thing crashed. It not only took him out, it took me out as well. This just kills me because if they can't provide better service, Scott is going to not renew at all. Dammit!
From: Utah (non-Mormon!!!) | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
Danny, try to team up with people and do their
mishs? 8-)

Seymour, Beauty, Danny, and I just logged off.
I got GDF now! 8-) And ... I got to mutate
Danny's character once. 8-)

Caroline, I'm sorry... [Frown]

Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
I know Blue, I just rarely have to time to play long enought to team with someone. Today was an exception and a fun one!

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Caroline, wish there was something I could do to help.

--------------------
Touch the magic...

LyleLyle
hmmmm....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyleLyle   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry to hear about the connection troubles Scott, Caroline. That's got to be so infuriating.

I've been grinding XP with Captain Hottie on Pinnacle off and on this weekend. Feel free to send me a tell if anyone goes on Pinnacle.

--------------------
Lyle's part-time blogging

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Caroline's problem stemmed from whatever caused them to take their servers offline (without an announcement). She's back up and running around with her new military group.

My last try logging in lasted exactly 25 minutes and I've sent off yet another e-mail to support. They finally admitted in their last one that there is a possibility that their patch may be causing the issue but they don't know what to do about it. They also don't seem to understand why I can play for hours on the test server but only minuts on the live server.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super Lad Kid
part-time lurker

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Super Lad Kid   Email Super Lad Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Man, I wish I could give you some advice about your crashing problems, Scott. My game still does it on occassion, but it's been getting better. Have you tried reinstalling the whole game? I know it's not exactly something anyone would want to do, but at least please consider it before walking away from the game!
From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Super Lad Kid:
Man, I wish I could give you some advice about your crashing problems, Scott. My game still does it on occassion, but it's been getting better. Have you tried reinstalling the whole game? I know it's not exactly something anyone would want to do, but at least please consider it before walking away from the game!

That actually appears to be their final solution. I just now received another e-mail from them and this was their last recommendation before walking away from the problem. Guess I need to figure out which CD is mine and which is Caroline's.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

At least the nice thing about it is that you
don't lose your characters because they're on
the server instead of your hard drive.

This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.