Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » THE WALKING DEAD tv show (Page 20)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 52 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  50  51  52   
Author Topic: THE WALKING DEAD tv show
gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
Interestingly, this episode seems to show that, contrary to the comic, natural (non-zombie bite) deaths do NOT begat zombies. All those bodies on the freeway would seem to be confirmation.

Certainly looks that way. Unless they decide that zombies can 'starve' to death?
From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, NO one posted tonight about the new episode? Well, I thought it was GREAT!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Absolutely! Better than the premiere!

Herchel kicked ASS.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
I, for one, am glad they are pulling back towards the books narrative. Although I'm biting my tongue trying not to tell my wife about the "barn". Also with T-Dawg, Darryl and Shane, there's a whole different group dynamic, so I'm not sure how they'll all react to Herchel's views on the undead. We're also losing the window to believably introduce Tyreese and have him bond with Carol.
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Really fantastic thus far in Season 2. The most compelling relationship dynamic in the show so far is certainly Rick / Shane and I can see why the writers don't want to lose that. Shane just being there for Rick while Carl was being operated on was utterly fantastic. The two actors really delivered in a big way and show they are getting more and more talented (the actor who plays Shane is just surprising the hell out of me considering I didn't think much of him before the show).

I like the actor playing Otis so I don't mind at all that he looks nothing like his comic book counterpart.

Loved Herschel and loved that Maggie got to be awesome in her introduction.

I'm ready for Glenn to have some more time and that should happen now since we're at Herschel's farm.

My wife can't stand Andrea so far. I keep telling her: "She get's better! She's my favorite in the comics!"

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I like the actor playing Otis so I don't mind at all that he looks nothing like his comic book counterpart.

I don't think any of them look much like their comic counterparts... and that it would be expecting a bit too much for them to find people that look like the characters and that can do a good job of acting aswell. However, I fully expect a certain actor to be willing to have his hand amputated if they persue a certain storyline for a certain character later on or I will be terribly disappointed. Also for another actor to sacrifice an ear and an eye for the role if the show gets that far.... [Evil]
From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Cobie, I have found myself also disliking Andrea since Amy's death... (her scenes with Amy dying and afterward were excellent). I am hoping this changes.

SPOILERY PREDICTION DEPT:

Otis is going to end up zombie chow and the scenes from the preview with Shane running alone from a pack of zombies hot on his tail will soon follow that.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by NoLongerLegion:
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:

I don't think any of them look much like their comic counterparts... and that it would be expecting a bit too much for them to find people that look like the characters and that can do a good job of acting aswell. However, I fully expect a certain actor to be willing to have his hand amputated if they persue a certain storyline for a certain character later on or I will be terribly disappointed. Also for another actor to sacrifice an ear and an eye for the role if the show gets that far.... [Evil]
Well, I never expect an actor to get a role just because they look like a character (see: Conan the Barbarian as played by the Governator [No] ).

I only mentioned the above because the actor has such a distinct look to him (he also played a great role on Deadwood).

But yes, I demand the actor playing Rick have his hand amputated. Brando would do it.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
CGI that stump! [Wink]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I read somewhere where Kirkman said he wished he's never cut off Rick's hand and probably won't do so on the TV show. So this particular conversation may be irrelevant!

On the other hand...maybe they'll cut his Click Here For A SpoilerPECKER! [Eek!] off instead! [Wink]

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I think Shane leads the Zombies on a merry chase, leaving Otis to fight off a few and get back to the farm. Shane is a hugely flawed character, and because of that fact...he is freakin awesome in this series.

Andrea is so different from the comic at this point...it's going to be interesting to see where they take the character.

Darryl continues to be the man for these guys. Coming through when nobody else can. Great addition to the mythos of The Walking Dead.

...and Glenn is a lucky man...just sayin.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

I think they're taking a fairly valid approach to Andrea's character in the wake of Amy's death, so I'm giving the show the benefit of the doubt there. I do, however, hope they get her closer to the Andrea we all know and love so well sooner than later.

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Just watched the first 2 episodes and am back to loving TWD TV show after the dreckitude of that CDC subplot last season.

Character-wise, I'm still really enjoying Shane and am glad the writers have made the choice they did with him. Andrea is kinda bugging me which is a surprise because she's one of my favorites in the book.

Funnily enough though, the characters that I'm most drawn to are the ones who aren't in the book - Darryl, T-Dog (and Jacquie <sniff>). I think it's because I have no idea what's going to happen to them, so I'm on the edge of my seat in their scenes and am therefore more invested in them as characters. The others I more or less know exactly what's going to happen to them (though I wouldn't put it past the writers to surprise us like they have with Shane and maybe Sophia) so I'm enjoying them more as interpretations of characters I know, rather than as characters I can worry about and care for.

It's interesting to me that we haven't met Tyrese and co in the show yet. We had already met them before they got to the farm in the book hadn't we? I wonder if T-Dog will become him?

I'm not sure I want that to happen, but I would like it if the show was to continue like it is doing, following the same basic narrative of the book but taking new paths where it needs to to keep the story fresh.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
My thought is they will possibly intro Tyreese as being the one who finds Sophia and brings her back, which would then lead to the bond with Carol (because there's not that much time to have them get together if he doesn't show up soon).
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

I honestly thought we'd see Sophia at Hershel's farm, having been found by the family. Now, I just dunno. The Tyreese idea is a good one. I guess it's also possible she'll pop up at Woodbury, maybe along with Merle? But, really, I dunno where they're going with this.

Definitely loving Daryl! I hope they give him more scenes very soon, though.

I think I've read that they are definitely going to bring in Tyreese and Michonne at some point. I wonder if Tyreese will have his daughter and her boyfriend in tow?

--------------------

This topic comprises 52 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  50  51  52   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.