Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2 (Page 20)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm not going to be able to play again after
tonight until probably Sunday. Is anyone going
to be up to a pre-Thanksgiving game?

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyleLyle
hmmmm....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyleLyle   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Battler:
I'm not going to be able to play again after
tonight until probably Sunday. Is anyone going
to be up to a pre-Thanksgiving game?

Sure, i'm not cooking this year (okay, I'm making that up to myself by cooking a turkey on friday, I'm thinking I might need to talk to a therapist about this) so all I've got to make tonight is the cranberries... everything else can be made at a rather relaxed pace tomorrow.

So I've got time. I'm leaving the office early, too, tho I have to stop at the store to buy chestnuts.

[ November 24, 2004, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: LyleLyle ]

--------------------
Lyle's part-time blogging

Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
Where would we like to play?
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Pete & Condo are on Virtue

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Sigh, I wish I could play. The days leading up to olidays at the paper are always a trial, but this Thanksgiving seems particularly bad -- mostly because of the new computer system we're in the middle of switching over to -- so everything's all messed up.

It's 9:13, and I'm still here -- probably for another half hour or so. Yippee.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Is anybody still playing or did you guys
call it a night?

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
FUC*!

[AHHHH!!!!] I STILL cannot keep a connection. And they continue to ignore my petition and bug reports. This is it. If it is not fixed by December 1 when my subscription expires I will not be renewing.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

quote:
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
Sigh, I wish I could play. The days leading up to olidays at the paper are always a trial, but this Thanksgiving seems particularly bad -- mostly because of the new computer system we're in the middle of switching over to -- so everything's all messed up.

The paper?

Do you work at a newspaper, Seymour? *Is
curious.*

Blue Battler
Honorary

quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
<font size="7">FUC*!</font s>

[AHHHH!!!!] I STILL cannot keep a connection. And they continue to ignore my petition and bug reports. This is it. If it is not fixed by December 1 when my subscription expires I will not be renewing.

Sorry, buddy. That sucks.

I wish you could use a phone for stuff like
that to get a live person. Can you not log on at
all still or do you just keep getting disconnected?

[ November 25, 2004, 04:55 AM: Message edited by: Blue Battler ]

Blue Battler
Honorary

By the way, guys, I was reading the Test Server
forum about the new Epic Powers. I know that
none of us will have to wrry about those for a
while as you don't get access to them until
Level 41, but it sounds like the ones who came
out really well are the Blasters ... they get
access to some of the invulnerability powers,
including Unstoppable!

(I've seen Unstoppable as Blue while teamed
up with some level 40s. It's pretty much the
equivalent of being the Incredible Hulk on
one of his rage-induced highs ... you can
kick butt on a massive scale ... but at the
end of two minutes it runs out and drains
all your endurance. It's the level 32 power
for invulnerable tanks.)

Tanks STILL didn't get a damage improvement. *Sigh* Poor Andrew ... even the non-Tanks
were complaining about that. Scrappers didn't
get much love either ...Controllers fared a
little better, and I think the Defenders got
pretty much the same defense pool power options
as the Blasters ....

Unfortunately for me, Blue already has four
sets of Pool Powers, so I won't be able to
take an Epic Set even if I get him up to 41
unless I do a respec and get rid of one of
my pools. And to be honest, I really don't
want to get rid of ANY of the pools I have
now ... flight and stamina are must haves,
and since I didn't take devices I need the
defense bonus that Stealth gives him ...
and I could probably get by without Recall
Friend, but it's just too darn useful to
give up.

So Blue isn't going to be Epic, I don't
think ... [Frown]

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Battler:
quote:
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:

The paper?

Do you work at a newspaper, Seymour? *Is
curious.*

Yup, I'm a mild-mannered copy editor (proof reading, photo captions, page layout) for a major metropolitan newspaper (and temporary boss since mine quit a couple weeks ago, but I decided not to take the job full time). I work in the features department, which means I don't have to work those awful 10 p.m.-6 a.m. shifts, but with us being short staffed, holiday vacations, extra big sections because of extra holiday advertising and a new computer system that's turning into a living nightmare (which, of course, was predicted months ago, but nobody in power listened), I've had an insane amount of overtime, and this week has been 12-13-hour days (hi, Scott!). Luckily, another advantage of the features department is that I actually get the major holidays off since our stuff is done in advance, so I get to kick back with the turkey today -- and do another 12-hour day tomorrow.

But the plus side of all this OT is that the San Diego con is pretty much assured for next year. [Smile] But I'd certainly give it up for a return to a normal life.

And, Scott, I'm really sorry to hear about your continued connection problems. Where will the Legion be without Garth? And I wonder why you're having so much more trouble than Caroline. Do what you must, but know you will be missed.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Scott, I'm really sorry to hear that. Hope you're able to get this sorted out because CoH won't feel the same without you. Besides, who's going to be Mysa's favorite patient, keeping her on her toes, if Garth's not around! [Big Grin]

Seriously, that really sucks.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey gang, I'll be on either Infinity (as Dreaming Death or Hothouse) or Pinnacle (as Chorus or CztheDay) on and off all day.

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I can log in and it stays connected, the first time, for about 45 minutes to an hour. If I log in after it shuts me down then I can usually only stay on about 15 minutes.

My PC runs 24/7. I'm always downloading something (comic books, britcoms) unless I'm playing or programming. I never have connection problems especially ones that cause my PC to shut down with no warning. And I have no trouble playing on the test server. It works just fine. I wound up almost fully mapping Striga the other night as well as IP and Talos where I've only just begun to play.

What really ticks me off is their continued refusual to answer me. I've sent them my laptop settings, I've installed and reinstalled all the latest drivers. But they still don't acknowledge it. I think they'd rather spend their time trying to gimp the game than work on real issues.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

I sent a suggestion to the forum site about
disconnect ... I wonder if anyone will
respond to it?

This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.