Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Gabrielle Giffords (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Gabrielle Giffords
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Leaving the Phelps family in the gutter...

I, for one, offer my condolences to the families of those who were killed. And I wish a full and speedy recovery to those injured.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
In a notable turn of events:

The Arizona state legislature passed emergency legislation making it illegal to protest at funerals - possibly not constitutional - but a nice gesture.

Then the Westboro Baptist Church members backed down, and decided not to protest at the funeral of the girl. Apparently there was a negotiation to give them some air time on a conservative Phoenix talk show if they agreed to cancel the protest.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
I can't agree with knuckling under to those reprehensible assholes. Cant think of any other appropriate word.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
The newcaster did it to keep them away from ALL of the memorials to the Tuscon dead.
That was the contract he signed with them.
AND there will be a real Christian pastor there to discuss with them the problems with their actions and how they're not anything like Jesus.

He also said that when his wife died, they threaten to show up and his son's said that they'd bring baseball bats.
He didn't want the families of those dead to go through that kind of a scene.

Then, he wouldn't mind if people didn't listen in on Monday.

President Obama did a wonderful job at the memorial yesterday evening.
One of my grand daughters just turned 9 last month.
Loosing her would kill me.
Gotta go.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
"Reprehensible assholes" pretty much describes any associated with Westboro quote/Baptist/unquote Church.

Again I can only hope people do NOT think those inbred freaks in any way, shape or form represent any kind of TRUE Christian/Baptist beliefs.

Unfortunately from my Facebook Page, I fear people DO think that, which saddens me.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, Lash. I'm not a follower of any denomination of any kind, and I hate it when others lump everyone in with a bunch of knuckledragging aholes. Those people don't represent any faith except the faith of self aggrandizement for money and fame.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
So, did Gabby look great today or what? What an inspiration! So proud of my Congresswoman today...

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
She looked beautiful and happy.
I'm proud of her and I'm from Oregon.
[Yes]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.