Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » I'm the only person I know that can go in with a sore elbow... (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I'm the only person I know that can go in with a sore elbow...
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
And this is why diabetics say fuck it. Got my diabetes reading down into the 95-115 range... and my sugar started dropping. I was sitting down, about to check it and nearly fell out the chair. got it checked, and while it was "normal" at 97 for the average person, for me it was low and headed lower... fast.

There comes a point in diabetics lives, I have come to believe, where the aggravation and necessary fixiation on food becomes so depressing and aggravating that they say to hell with it and basically don't care about the fight to control it any more. And thats when a lot go into the drink and don't come out again.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
Dude, on the plus side: they aren't nagging you to get a mammogram!

[Razz]

Been there and done that. Last year when they were checking out the growth in my chest.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Ric, I had a low reading of 57 the other night. Not fun. I do the best I can...but the food thing is obnoxious. I am overweight, but am slowly loosing.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
And the worst thing is, you HAVE to become fixated on it. you don't have a choice in the matter. If you don't, you kill yourself with sugar, if you do, you have NO reserves to do anything, and feel like a drained bottle.

And 57? Bud, thats headed for diabetic coma time. Don't you keep anything on hand for fast pickup? I learned from my Dad to keep a couple of pieces of candy on me, especially when i have to run property lines in the woods. It might go high, but thats a long term problem. Low sugar is a now problem.

--------------------

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Yeah...but that was at 4 in the morning. Woke up feeling weird and tested. Got the reading and ate something. Hate the middle of the night ones, because you cannot usually head them off because you're sleeping.
rickshaw1
Leader

My dad gets them and is so weak it takes all he can do to let my mom know. Haven't had them yet, mine usually hit me on the road, which pretty much sucks.

--------------------

Something pithy!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.