Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » I'm so very tired of.... (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: I'm so very tired of....
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by THE LABRADORIAN:
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
On vampires,
I recently read Stephen King's "Salem's Lot", which is pretty much the opposite of that. Nothing pretty here, just pure horror and the terrifying use of one vampire in a small town. Its what I consider to be vampire fiction at its very best, [Big Grin]

Stephen Kings DARK TOWER
SPOILER ALERT

The priest from Salem's Lot reappears and the vampires are explained.

I know [Big Grin] . "Wolves of the Calla" - the sequence where Father Callahan explains his life after Salem's Lot is fantastic and incredibly creepy yet moving.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Bah, it's become too 'cool' to loathe vampires. I rebel against the new conformity and like them again!

Although creepy Creature from the Black Lagoon* fishmen could be awesome too, perhaps with an Innsmouth look half-human/half-fishman storyline about a scary village by the sea...

*Not to be mistaken with the Creature from the Blue Lagoon, which is Brooke Shields.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, I've got one.

...of those morons on Deviant Art who find new ways to ruin for the fans and the professionals. Like this moron here, who tried to pass of J. Scott Campbell art as his own just by writing his name on it. And stealing other art and calling it "hot chik dat i banged".

http://godlike808.deviantart.com/

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
SK, I've seen so many people "proflied" on LJ's plagiarism watch page lately that it makes my head hurt.

[Yes]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
...being preached at, and "educated". Does Ibm really think that if they run enough commercials, I'll believe they give a rats behind about a "smart" planet. Here's a hint, people, every time you think you've gone one up on Mother Nature, it just means you've effed something else up somewhere else. You don't see it right away, but its always there.

Your hybrid cars. Hey, did ya'll actually SEE the report that says your emissions may actually hold in more heat than the carbon emissions from the fossil fuels?

Hey, LA, green wannabee capital...where do you get your water from? Oh, thats right, you BOUGHT A FREAKIN' RIVER AND DECIMATED MILLIONS OF SQUARE MILES OF NATURAL LAND.

Just spare me the bs and shut the hell up. Tell you what, I'll be open to your "education" when you actually do good for the earth instead of trying to out think it and setting off chain reactions whose consequences are yet to be fully realized.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, ya!
Go rickshaw1!
(You know that your name is a human go-cart, right?)

Anyway . . . I'm TIRED of just about EVERYTHING!

. . . especially being cool or NOT cool!

But I never really get supertired of vampires, totally, just SOME vampires.

Terry Pratchette writes about vampires, sometimes as supporting characters, sometimes as the 'stars'.

He wrote a wonderful story starring his Weird Sisters where Granny Weatherwax, Esme, did the most incredible and surprising thing to defeat them (the vampires!)
I didn't see it coming and I almost always know what's coming in books and movies/TV.

(I'm even a little tired of Terry, though, and am having a terrible time getting through his last 2 books.
sigh

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, she Weatherwaxed'em. I haven't read the Nations book, being a discworld fan, but from what I read, he may be having a terrible time getting through them as well. He has early onset of Alsheimer.

Terrys' stuff on vamps, no problem. the rest out there, though. Ugggh. Enough.

--------------------

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matter Lad
What is a madman, but a broken genius?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matter Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Matter Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm totally against deflecting bullets with a sword. Come on.

X-Men Origins: wolverine. A friend of mine loved it. I hated it. He said it doesn't have to be like the comics. I agree, but at least they could write a GOOD story. This pissed him off...

And the Walking Dead doesn't really mix anything up for the zombie world. Romero's always been about human drama, just on a smaller scale than Walking Dead. And the zombies are run-of-the-mill, which I like. I hate the runners, and the lion-roarers.

And if you want something new and creative? I just watched Trick 'r Treat on DVD. They do a form of werewolves in there whose transformations are unlike anything I've ever seen. You really should see it to believe it. I loved it.

--------------------
My homepage
Jus ad Bellum
Shinto

From: Saginaw, MI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

I'll check it out. My wife has been on a horror and star trek kick lately...although I've seen so much of both lately they ARE starting to...merge. *sorry, typing like Shat speaks...its....addictive.

Ohhhhhh. Just had a great Idea for a horror movie.

Creatures of the night take revenge for humans everywhere by killing and eating....hollywood blowhards. Not just one or two blist actors, but lots of them. Except for paris hilton, of course. No telling what diseases some poor ravening creature might come up with from her blood.

--------------------

Something pithy!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
That's the problem with a lot of scifi stories, stations and fans, they 'merge' the scifi with horror.

They are NOT the same genre!!!!!!!!!!

I just hate it when horror is all you find.
(Deep breath.)

And that's why I'm hating 'Blackest Night'! All it is, is killing, mutilating, monsters and death.
I don't care what the story is, I only know that the horror part is the all important goal.
Ugh!

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

And now more freakin' vampires. First, there's "maybe I'm gay, maybe I'm not...I did win an oscar you know" chick from xmen acting like all the other desperate for attention hollywood starlets to promote her vampire show, and now once again I have to endure endless promo's for the positively worst tweeney garbage ever filmed for twilight. My wife has played the second one incessantly. If that chick screams and cries on the bed again I'm gonna fly to hollywood and give her a dang reason to scream. Termites in her luxury pad, dents on her expensive car...shoot all the plastic surgeons...

My kid was screamin and cryin' and acting like those damn fools on the home makeover shows that go into hysterics I'd put her outta my misery, to hell with hers. Have a pill and a slap and shut the hell up!

Ahhhh.

Now, I think I'll go get some Ice tea and watch a baseball game.

--------------------

Something pithy!

cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
...price hikes for everything. Comic books, bus fare, you name it.

My wages, such as they are, never rise. It's just everything else that does.

Grrr...

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Comic books about villain teams. Villains who are the heroes. The only one that works is Secret Six.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rickshaw1:
And now more freakin' vampires. First, there's "maybe I'm gay, maybe I'm not...I did win an oscar you know" chick from xmen acting like all the other desperate for attention hollywood starlets to promote her vampire show,

I think the correct term for people like Anna Paquin is 'bisexual', Rick. [Roll Eyes]
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

nope... poser is the correct term.

--------------------

Something pithy!

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.