Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » What Concerts have you been to? (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: What Concerts have you been to?
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dream Girl:
Just a question, 'cause my mom just gave me great news, im going to a Rolling Stones concert for my birthday!

I cant wait! Its gonna rock!

And its also gonna be my first concert.

Coincedentally, that was my first concert, too--back in '89 ("Steel Wheels" tour)!

Alas, I haven't really seen that many bands in my time, just:

Guns n' Roses
Metallica
Faith No More
Living Colour
David Lee Roth
Cinderella
Extreme
Skid Row
KISS

That's only four concerts put together.

[Frown]

I'd certainly make an effort, though, to see System of a Down in the future...if their current hiatus isn't permanent.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
Euch...system of a down. Give me Kelly likes shoes anyday...

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Joeboy Harvestar:
Euch...system of a down. Give me Kelly likes shoes anyday...

Well, [Razz]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes

Boz Scaggs

Kind of the high and low of concert going.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Saw Morrisey last night! It rocked! He didn't do any Smiths songs except How Soon Is Now (which is the best one!) but I was really hoping for This Charming Man.

It was fun. I feel old. [Smile]

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
MEL, you saw the GORILLAZ??? Damn that's awesome!

Is that the concert where they had Ibrahim Ferrer singing via video?

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I feel so old!

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
Tina Turner
Willie Nelson
Mary Chapin Carpenter
Lyle Lovett
k d lang
Alan Jackson (not my choice)
Alabama
Elton John
Kenny Rogers
Ray Charles
Bonnie Raitt
Keb Mo
Ani DiFranco
The Dixie Chicks
Styx
The Highwaymen
Dwight Yoakum
Lone Justice
Yo-yo Ma and Emmanuel Ax

[ July 13, 2007, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: Lad Boy ]

From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Jorge, I saw Morrisey about three weeks ago. What a diverse crowd !! Lad Boy, my list will make you feel young.

Rush (first concert in KC)
REO Speedwagon
Styx
Blondie
Charlie Pride
Dan Fogelberg
Michael Martin Murphey
Violent Femmes
Elvis Brothers
The Meat Puppets
Alabama
Joni Mitchell (once in LA, twice in Chicago)
Marianne Faithfull (rare opportunity, special night)
Rosanne Cash
Emmy Lou Harris (twice)
Bob Dylan (twice)
Todd Rungren
John Mellencamp
Debbie Harry and the Jazz Passengers
Elton John
Billy Joel
Chicago
Earth, Wind, and Fire
Alan Jackson (for mom's 50th b-day)
Stevie Nicks
Bella Fleck and the Flecktones (in New Orleans)
Ziggy Marley and the Melody Makers
Sister Hazel (twice)
Indigo Girls (twice)
Nancy Griffith
Sheryl Crow
Cowboy Junkies
Sonia DaDa
Lucinda Williams (three times)
Linda Ronstadt
Hank Williams III (twice)
Lizzie West (her first sold out show, she was so excited)
Sister Seven
Rodney Crowell
Korn (chaperone and driver for my nephew and his buddies)
Johnny Lang (one of the best)
Melissa Etheridge
Morrisey

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.

[ July 13, 2007, 11:59 PM: Message edited by: Jerry ]

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Jerry, I realized I didn't know that many Morrisey songs. All the ones I know are Smiths songs. [Smile]

And yeah that list makes me feel real young. [Razz]

THE LABRADORIAN
THE LEGIONS' GREATEST HERO

Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE LABRADORIAN           Edit/Delete Post     
Add
Aerosmith
Cheap Trick
Ozzy Osbourne
to my list

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uranus Lad
substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Uranus Lad   Email Uranus Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, whish I'd seen Morrissey. I've been listening to a lot of Smiths lately for some reason.

As for concerts it's hard to remember. So many years, so many substances abused... I used to work at a music store so I would get into shows for free (which explains why I saw RHCP so many times -I don't even like 'em.) My current job allows me to enjoy the occasional free show as well. Lucky me!

In only an extermely vague oldest-to-recent order

Joan Jett & the Blackhearts
Journey
Charlie Danies Band (I know,)
The Police
REM (like 3-4 times)
Red Hot Chili Peppers (5 times -yuck)
Meat Puppets
TSOL
Fishbone
Camper Van Beethoven
Chesterfield Kings
Echo & the Bunneymen
New Order
Black Flag
Firehose
Flaming Lips (at least 5 times!and I'll see 'em again)
the Replacements (loudest show ever)
Jane's Addiction
Dwight Yoakam
Los Lobos (twice -much fun!)
Buddy Guy
Etta James
Uncle Tupelo
UB40
Ministry
Nine Inch Nails
Helios Creed
Throwing Muses
k.d. Lang
Beastie Boys ( horrible show they were wasted and they got arrested right after the show, I think they mention it in one of their songs maybe on Paul's Botique)
Fugazi (3 times)
pixies (twice)
Sonic Youth
Bob Mould
Gang of Four
Burning Spear
Richard Buckner
the New York Dolls
John Doe
Phranc (lesbian tupperware!)
Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds
Patti Smith (twice)
Liars
Jurassic 5
John Spencer Blues Explosion
Bright Eyes
Magnetic Fields
Built to Spill
the Faint
Ratatat
Rufus Wainwright
Scissor Sisters
Aimee Mann (her X-mas variety show If you ever get a chance to see it, do! it was so much fun!)

I'm sure there are quite a few I'm forgetting. Plus there are numerous local bands, punk shows, blues and reggae shows I saw back in the day too numerous to mention. remember or have much relevance. Haven't been to much recently but I'm hoping to see -X- (original lineup!!) although I'm trying to save for Cirque du Soleil tix ($$!)as well as a new laptop and a nice armchair. Ah well.

--------------------
Is that a moon?

From: Portland, OR | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, I need to get out more often...I'll get the embarassing ones out of the way first:

Eddie Rabbit
Air Supply (took a girlfriend once, years ago, figuring I could get lucky showing my sensitive side...didn't work!)

I went to a "Day on the Green" concert back in the early 80's, which had:
Santana
Toto
Tubes
Journey
That was freakin' amazing!

Billy Joel

Harry Connick Jr (my wife and I danced to one of his songs at our wedding, so we went to a live performance once for our anniversary)

Huey Lewis and the News
Huey Lewis and the News
Huey Lewis and the News
Huey Lewis and the News (I think I've only seen them 4 times...it might be 5 now, my memory's not what it used to be). Absolute favorite band, just as Legion is my absolute favorite comic.

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
THE LABRADORIAN
THE LEGIONS' GREATEST HERO

Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE LABRADORIAN           Edit/Delete Post     
Van Halen with Roth
Black Crowes
The Who
Lenny Kravitz

[ December 06, 2008, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: THE LABRADORIAN ]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Language Arts Dave
searching...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Language Arts Dave   Email Language Arts Dave         Edit/Delete Post     
John Denver (my first real concert, in the round in Mobile, Al in 1979)
KISS,
Fingers Taylor
Jimmy Buffet 5, or maybe 6 times, including a concert in Boston Commons where it rained on all of us, but the band was dry under the pavilion, so jimmy said :As long as you guys want to hang around, we'll keep playing."
The Beach Boys
Brian Wilson by himself.
Steve Dahl and the Dahl-fins
Steve Dahl and Teenage Radiation
Joe Walsh
Dr. John
Harry Chapin
Steve Goodman
John Prine
Emmylou Harris, Steve Earle, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Nancy Griffith, and 2 other dudes whose names I don't remember at a Concert to ban Landmines,
One fourth of July in like 92 I saw Squeeze, Robert Cray, and They Might be Giants, for free in Grant Park at the Taste of Chicago. My wife was there too, but we wouldn't meet for another 8 years.
The Smiths,
The Psychedelic Furs,
'Til Tuesday,
The Wallets, a really cool regional band with an accordion from the 80's from the Twin Cities,
Red Gallegher (also from the Twin Cities, if anyone has ever heard of him... is he still alive?)
87 Men,
Jim Gill- a fun children's performer my son loves,
Koko Taylor,
The Blues Brother's (with Jim, not John),
Buddy Guy,
Elvis Costello,
and pound for pound the best live show I ever saw was in 1995-"Commander Cody, and his Lost Planet Airmen. Those old guys ROCKED the old Las Vegas Blues and Reggae club to the Ground!

(I'm sure there are more... I'm old)

Oh! Lilith Fair in Portland oregon in 1999, but we weren't there very long and I'm not even sure who was playing there while we were there.

[ December 04, 2008, 09:57 PM: Message edited by: Language Arts Lad ]

--------------------
All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).

From: Lost in the Ozone Again | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, I don't get out much.

In college;

Joan Jet (she had just 'come back' with I Hate Myself for Loving You, a song I loved at the time! She was hot for someone who was like, a hundred and fifty or something...)

Many years later;

Queensryche (I heard that they weren't planning on playing all of Operation: Mindcrime after that tour, and I *HAD* to see it! Easily one of my favorite bands of all time.)

Last month

Nine Inch Nails (wow, as someone who hasn't been to a concert in over a decade, I'm still reeling from the electronic lightshows and everyone waving their cellphones instead of lighters. The world done gone and changed on me again!)

Regarding Nine Inch Nails, there are few things in this world more fun than being in a room for several thousand strangers screaming, 'I want to **** you like an animal!' at the top of your lungs. It's kind of inhibition-shattering / liberating.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.