Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Venting Room.... (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Venting Room....
Stargazer
One Monkeys Opinion...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stargazer           Edit/Delete Post     
Well I guess they will put them in a collected edition in a few months.

--------------------
Looking for Earth Prime.

From: Conroe Texas | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beagz
5 of 9

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beagz   Email Beagz         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Stargazer:
DB- too funny.

On a serious note..I really would like an Omac issue 1. If anybody has a spare let me know.

Man I hate to beg.

Yeah, but you're so cute begging. :-)
I'll try to run by Lytle's on Monday and see if they have a copy of OMAC #1.

--------------------
You can never quit believiing in your dreams ... or yourself.
-----
You GOTTA listen to Levi Kreis.

From: Aggieland | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
Back to the venting - I had a flat on the way back to work after (a long) lunch today and ha ha ha I don't have a spare because the last time I got a flat my spare also gave out about 1/2 block from the tire store. Okay, so stupid me for not having replaced the donut but they don't carry 'em at the parts store I got the tire at and I just hadn't gone to the dealership to get one yet cause, hey all my tires are pretty new and I am also very stupid apparently. So I had to have the car towed to a service station and pay the overpriced service station charge for the tire and labor. I will be getting the new spare soon. Also, rather than be helpful, the mrs. mostly fixated on why I had not gotten a new spare yet. A valid point, but not the most helpful at the time. True there wasn't much she could have done other than try to see if one of her family could have given me a tow (she has the kind of family that can tow things when needed, which is great.) I would have settled for sympathy at least. What a day. I should be heading for home now but my enthusiasm for sitting in traffic now is not so great.

Whine, whimper etc.

From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beagz
5 of 9

Heck, I've been told for a while that I needed an alignment. So I finally took my truck in for an alignment.

THEN I found out it wasn't an alignment that was needed. I just had faulty shocks. Gee, 219,500 miles on a set of shocks, and they go bad. Who woulda thunk it???

So I dropped a small fortune to get new shocks for my truck. With a lifetime warranty. I asked my boss about the lifetime warranty, and he told me it's really only a 6 month warranty - the place just figured the truck wouldn't last longer than that.

[ May 02, 2005, 07:14 PM: Message edited by: Beagz ]

--------------------
-----

From: Aggieland | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beagz
5 of 9

BUT ...
'Gazer, Lytle's set a copy of OMAC #1 (first printing) back for me. [Big Grin]

So I'll try to leave it in "unread" condition for ya, if you're interested.

[ May 02, 2005, 07:15 PM: Message edited by: Beagz ]

--------------------
-----

Stargazer
One Monkeys Opinion...

Thanks B..you the man.
You can read it..used is fine by me.

--------------------
Looking for Earth Prime.

From: Conroe Texas | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Been reading a lot of politics the last few weeks. Dissenting opinion of course. [Big Grin]
These are great!

America Love It or Leave It !!

The original RED State!

Opposition is Treason!

Scripture as the Law!

Lots more posters at Agitprops.org -- free and easy to download and print

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stargazer
One Monkeys Opinion...

Now...back to vent.
Had jury duty today. Yeah I know civic duty and all but come on. This has been my third jury summons and I got chosen once again.
Then to make matters worse, due to Smith county being so large 36 of us had to travel to a small town called Troup. The court room was a metal building, all 36 of us could not fit in the court room. After waiting about 2 hours after start time the State came in but no defense or bad guy. So after waitng a bit longer the State recommends that they place a warrent out for the bad guys arrest. Judge says good, State leaves then we get speech about fair trials and we are let go. Did I fail to mention this was ALL day.

--------------------
Looking for Earth Prime.

Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by matlock:
[QB] I would have settled for sympathy at least. QB]

Eh? You're not married to MY wife are you? That sounds suspiciously familiar.
From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Stargazer:
Now...back to vent.
Had jury duty today. Yeah I know civic duty and all but come on. This has been my third jury summons and I got chosen once again.
Then to make matters worse, due to Smith county being so large 36 of us had to travel to a small town called Troup. The court room was a metal building, all 36 of us could not fit in the court room. After waiting about 2 hours after start time the State came in but no defense or bad guy. So after waitng a bit longer the State recommends that they place a warrent out for the bad guys arrest. Judge says good, State leaves then we get speech about fair trials and we are let go. Did I fail to mention this was ALL day.

Here in Massachusetts, we have a one day or one trial system for jury duty. Is it the same in Texas? (Sounds like it)

My last time for jury duty I was almost picked. It was a medical malpractice case and my law school graduation ceremony would have occurred during the trial. By the time they got to me, most of the jury pool had been dismissed. When I said why I wanted to be dismissed, the judge said that he couldn't dismiss me outright, but if I got picked for the trial, he would hold a recess so I could go to graduation. It got down to me and 2 other guys on that stand-by. Luckily at that time they only needed one more juror. Me and the other guy that didn't get picked didn't hang aroiund when the judge said we were dismissed.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beagz
5 of 9

YECHT!!!!!!

The first time I had to report to jury duty, I got picked. It turns out that 2/3 of the jury had never been on a jury before.

It was a nasty murder trial.
Since then I've never been picked for another jury. Which kinda suits me just fine.

--------------------
-----

Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Beagz:
Yeah, but you're so cute begging. :-)

And the beagle would KNOW about begging! [LOL]

quote:
Originally posted by Beagz:
I asked my boss about the lifetime warranty, and he told me it's really only a 6 month warranty - the place just figured the truck wouldn't last longer than that.

[ROTFLMAO]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
profh0011
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for profh0011   Author's Homepage   Email profh0011         Edit/Delete Post     
Miscellaneous car hassles...

Last winter we had a lot of cold spells, like 5 degrees or so, and my Dad's car battery died before I could do anything about it. As this was the 2nd year in a row it happened, I got so disgusted I decided to leave it for awhile. that was 5 months ago.

2 months ago, I was driving my car VERY carefully, when 2 blocks from home, some woman ran a stop sign in front of me. I wound up in back of her-- I was driving VERY slowly-- when she STOPPED. As I stopped and wondered what she was planning to do, she suddenly BACKED UP real fast, right into me, taking out one of my turn signal lights. Apparently she was trying to park, and to her eyes, there was just NOBODY ELSE on the road! The way things are in this neighborhood, I figured the saftest thing to do was, as soon as she was out of my way, I passed her and got out of there.

Today, I went to replace the battery. It seems the model has been discontinued, so the guy gave me an upgrade to the next better version. The nice thing was, I got full credit for the dead battery, and the store made up the price difference. So I got a $80 battery for free!

The turn-signal light, meanwhile, turned out to cost $62. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

With the new battery installed, my Dad's car took over 2 MINUTES to start, at which point it began blowing thick clouds of gray smoke. I wasn't surprised. I decided I'd take it for a spin on the highway after dinner to give it a good workout.

I then decided to go to The Pennsauken Mart while I was at it, for a fresh hot pretzel. No such luck. The pretzel store was "closed until further notice" (family illness). On the way home, I sudenly noticed the small rear right-side window had been broken-- apparently while it was parked (for less than 10 minutes!) at the Mart. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!! I may never go there again... There really is a reason they call it "The White Trash Mall". (Honestly, what are the odds, the day I put a battery in, somebody breaks a window?)

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.