Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Tivo! Tivo!!! TIVOOOO!!!!!! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Tivo! Tivo!!! TIVOOOO!!!!!!
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
What does TiVo stand for?
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
From the TiVo FAQ:

"It doesn't mean anything. Lots of possible meanings have been posted, but TiVo Inc. officially says that it has no meaning. "

Interesting Trivia: Before TiVo was called TiVo, it was called Teleworld.
Other Interesting Trivia: Another name TiVo was considering for TiVo was "Bongo."

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Deathstroke Lad:
Interesting Trivia: Before TiVo was called TiVo, it was called Teleworld.
Other Interesting Trivia: Another name TiVo was considering for TiVo was "Bongo."

To paraphrase that old Knight Templar from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: They chose wisely.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyleLyle
hmmmm....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyleLyle   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Any other questions? Just ask.

Thanks! I think you burned off all of my lingering questions about TiVo. You've been a big help.

Sigh, I'm conflicted about the HD thing, I know we'll want that function so do we wait or get one now and expect to buy another (is the lifetime membership for the machine only? I'm presuming you can't transfer a lifetime membership if you buy a new machine.)

--------------------
Lyle's part-time blogging

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by LyleLyle:
quote:
Any other questions? Just ask.

Thanks! I think you burned off all of my lingering questions about TiVo. You've been a big help.

Sigh, I'm conflicted about the HD thing, I know we'll want that function so do we wait or get one now and expect to buy another (is the lifetime membership for the machine only? I'm presuming you can't transfer a lifetime membership if you buy a new machine.)

The lifetime membership covers the machine only. Ocassionally they will run a special for transfering from one to another which is why I upgraded from my old unit to the Series 2. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have since it would have been hard to pay the $250 (at the time) cost a second time.

I'm not sure if they'll come out with an HD version soon at all. The last thing I read kinda felt like they threw their arms up in the air and called it quits.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Can I still have three boyfriends?

Only if Islam allowed same-sex relationships. [LOL]

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
Incidentally, I'm still loving TiVO. We have direct TV, so once we're ready to go HDTV, I can't wait to update the DVR as well. ROCK!

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

What I've been fighting the urge to do is upgrade to the new TiVo with a built in DVD recorder. Imagine being able to just burn your episodes of Lost or Smallville right over to a DVD.

Also, coming soon from TiVo. The ability to share shows you've recorded with other other the internet. I don't know how they are going to encrypt the files but they say its coming soon.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.