Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Official Transformers Movie Thread ... Spoilers (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Official Transformers Movie Thread ... Spoilers
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Prime also shot Megatron in the episode "Insecticon Syndrome", where some kind of antidote tubes had to be shot at the super-charged Insecticons before they exploded! Of course, they were all shot and saved (except Shrapnel, who later pulled himself back together) with something like five seconds to spare. 80s drama!

Hmm, and the Skywarp holding Megs episode I was thinking of was the third and last part of 'More than Meets the Eye' (commonly reshown in the first season credits), though I think you're right that either Sky (or Thundercracker) held him in the anti-matter mission.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, it was Skywarp, because Wheeljack had Spike and Chip stick that remote-control device to his leg, which then made him shoot several times at Rumble, which was priceless. [Smile]

I wonder if they'll have Carly in the movie as a love interest for Spike?

And dang, but you're good, Future! Are you my new best friend? [Big Grin]

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Good memory, KP! As for the movie, I'm sure they'll try to capture every angle...romance, action, drama, comedy...surely Carly (and maybe a female Autobot or two?) can't be far behind, at least in a cameo for the film.

Thanks for the compliment! I'll be your new best friend if you'll have me, Kippers! [Wink]

Kid Prime
Founder

Yay!

--------------------

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Future:
[QB]
The funny thing about Brawn is, the last time he didn't run like hell, he ended up dead with a bad shoulder. [Big Grin]
[Frown] Poor Brawn. I hated that moment in the movie.

yeah but i still feel bad about the way Ironhide went out, that scene still gets to me even more than Prime's death.

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

quote:
Originally posted by l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN:
yeah but i still feel bad about the way Ironhide went out, that scene still gets to me even more than Prime's death.

Aw, John, I love Ironhide's death scene! Touching moment. I'm glad he went out as the dependable tough-as-nails type that, even crippled, would grab at Megatron's leg in a last attempt to slow him down.

Hey, it beats having him just shot up and getting killed with poor Ratchet like it was nothing. At least he got a bit of closure as a character. [Frown]

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I wasn't too happy with the way Prowl bit it in that scene [Frown]
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Nor I, Drake! He, Ratchet, and Brawn all got shafted in their own way. Brawn got a line in and a heroic charge, but got killed by something he's only blinked at before. Prowl got a nice 'I'll face death' moment, but even years later after hearing from the writer that Prowl's means of death was actually 'a grenade that melts your insides', I didn't find the concept of one of my favorite, noble guys going down that way. Ratchet, true to a medic without much combat prowress I suppose, went down without much of a fight and just...went down.

Despite that, I'm more at peace with their deaths (and don't mind them these days after loving and watching the movie for about two decades) than I am with Wheeljack and Windcharger! Two of my favorites (yes, obscure Windy was a favorite) just had their bodies 'found' by Arcee, with no explanation as to their deaths. [Frown]

Apologies to anyone coming to this thread interested in the NEW Transformers move. We've hi-jacked it to relive the old. [Wink]

Kid Prime
Founder

You've got the touch... you've got the POWER!!!

Ironhide's death was very noble and sad. Prowl, on the other hand, just fell right over. Hated that.

Er, Windcharger was one of your favorites? Really?

(Of course, I have a soft spot for Brawn. I guess we all have our favorite minicar.)

--------------------

Kid Prime
Founder

And don't forget Huffer, who didn't even get to BE in the movie, but later, in the episode "Dark Awakening," we found out also had been killed. (Of course, it IS Mr. "But we're not fighters like they are, Prime" Huffer we're talking about.) [Wink]

--------------------

Future
The Present is Past

Aww, even still, I loved Huffer, Kippers! Not everyone can be a team player. And yes, I liked Windcharger! I'm a sucker for underused second-stringers (and Brawn I'd actually rate first-class; he had many a good one-liners and stole the show in my opinion whenever he showed up; love that guy). I dig him and Trailbreaker both, and I love Skids so much I once played him on a MUSH years and years ago in the late 90s. Now HE's obscure. [Wink]

I always thought Huffer's name in that episode was sort of a slip, as all of the dead Autobots listed were killed in that shuttle crash (save for Huffer, whose name I think replaced Brawn's).

Granted, it didn't matter if they were both dead or not, because a little animation atrocity known as the episode "Carnage in C-Minor" featured both Brawn and Huffer (as well as one of the Constructions, even though Devestator had already formed) fighting the Autobots in one of the shots. It probably didn't help that this was the most error-filled cartoon ever made. [Smile]

Kid Prime
Founder

You know, the ONLY thing Skids EVER did in the cartoon was to be part of that throne chair for Blitzwing in the episode when the Triplechangers took over the Decepticons.

I hear you on the error-filled! I remember one time Sideswipe was just hanging around the Decepticon undersea headquarters...

--------------------

Kid Prime
Founder

Incidentally, how cool would it be in the upcoming movie if Mirage were to save the day at the very end again? I LOVED that!

--------------------

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
I hear you on the error-filled! I remember one time Sideswipe was just hanging around the Decepticon undersea headquarters...

What?!? That's just bizarre. Funny enough, I was just about to post that my other fav aside from Prowl was Sideswipe and I was gonna ask if he appeared either in the movie or afterwards.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

I actually don't think he did. [Frown] I remember Sunstreaker was piloting the shuttle that carried Prime and the Dinobots to Earth, though.

--------------------

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.