Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Who Do You Prefer to Play Superman? (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Who Do You Prefer to Play Superman?
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
Does this mean Michael Rosenbaum will play Lex?

And that whoever is slated to play Lois Lane in the upcoming season will play Lois in the movie as well?

It would just seem odd to have Welling as Clark/Superman, and different actors as the other characters...

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flannel Lass
soft, warm, fluffy!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flannel Lass   Email Flannel Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
Why not the guy that played Superboy in the live-action series? Uhm... *searches memory for name* Gerard Christopher! He has a good face.

Although I don't think you could get the Lois Lane from that series for a movie, nor do I want to be sitting in a theatre having Kindred: The Embraced flashbacks while I'm watching Lois and my brain screams "Watch out, Kal! She's a vampire!! Can't you hear her heart's not beating?! ARRGH!!!"

--------------------
"You and I long to live
Like whales in bottled water..."

From: the palace garden of the Lord of the Red Lands. | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Flannel Lass:
Although I don't think you could get the Lois Lane from that series for a movie...

Are you talking about Stacy Haduik (or did she play Lana?)? Why wouldn't she be available? I don't think she's had anything going on since "SeaQuest"
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
not sure i'd like either of the two guy's mentioned !!! i remember EDDIE CIBRIAN from that soap "Sunset Beach" [ which was so [LOL] ]

and with regards to BYRAN SINGER wanting TOM WELLING, that would be cool !!!

but would the film grow out of "SMALLVILLE" ending ??? if so .... we still need 2 more seasons of the show, at least IMO !!!

it could start at the "end" of season 5 !!??

and would it continue, with the show's "origin" of Kal/Clark !!??

if it didn't, i wouldn't wanna see TOM in the part, then [ it would just seem stange, for him to have been on the show, all that time, and then for the film to have a totally different story !!! ]

btw .... how many films, have come from TV shows, and that have retained the original TV cast ???

i can only really think of the "Star Trek" films, and "Twin Peaks" .....

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
X-Files as well (I hear they might be doing another X-Files film).

Then there's "Serenity" with the cast of "Firefly"

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beagz
5 of 9

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beagz   Email Beagz         Edit/Delete Post     
Monty Python made the jump. But I don't know if their jump was from television to movies, or movies to television.

And as for a Superman, how about me?
Somehow, I accidentally got the spit-curl this morning. [Big Grin]

(Okay, okay, okay ... quit laughing!!! You're gonna draw attention to yourself!!!!!)

--------------------
You can never quit believiing in your dreams ... or yourself.
-----
You GOTTA listen to Levi Kreis.

From: Aggieland | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Beagz:

And as for a Superman, how about me?
Somehow, I accidentally got the spit-curl this morning. [Big Grin]

Well, Beagz, you're still in the running. The Tom Welling news was bogus, and apparently there's a general casting call for an unknown to play Superman. Here's the blurb care of Ain't It Cool News:

Possible Superman Movie Casting Call
Source: Ain't-It-Cool-News
Monday, August 9, 2004

Ain't-It-Cool-News has what looks to be a casting call for the title role in Warner Bros.' Superman. Here's a clip...

Pat Moran + Associates Casting (Emmy Award winner for HOMICIDE: Life on the Street) is part of a nation-wide search for an actor to portray Clark Kent / Superman in a new feature film for Warner Brothers.

The description of the role is: Late 20's, tall, handsome, chiseled good looks. Athletic. Strong character. All American. Confident, yet awkward. Faster than a speeding bullet.

The film will be directed by Bryan Singer (X-MEN, USUAL SUSPECTS) and produced by Jon Peters & Gilbert Adler. No other cast has been announced yet.

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beagz
5 of 9

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beagz   Email Beagz         Edit/Delete Post     
RATS!!!!!!!!!!
I'm mid 30's. :-(

LOL!!!!! Maybe I should give it a shot, anyway. ;-)

The real kicker for this role?
Hugh Jackman. [Cool]

--------------------
You can never quit believiing in your dreams ... or yourself.
-----
You GOTTA listen to Levi Kreis.

From: Aggieland | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
The lastest rumour is that Bryan Singer wants Brandon Routh for Superman. (Comics2Film) I found these pictures. What do you think?
 -  -  -

[ October 20, 2004, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: Semi Transparent Fellow ]

Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

And apparently it is confirmed that Brandon Routh has been cast as Superman. Great choice. The story picks up from the end of Chris Reeves' Superman II. Supe's has been gone for 6 years but it now back.

Also, Singer says he is going to use the Williams score from the Reeve's films.

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I really don't care for Routh. In the few television shows I've seen him in he's left me very unimpressed. When the news of his casting first broke last weekend (Latino Film News I think) I was just thinking it rumour.

But Singer is a good judge of actors. If it is true I'll trust his judgement.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
i've seen somewhere [ ?? ] that Misha Barton from "The O.C." is in the running for Lois Lane, now .....

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
her and Evangeline Lilly from Lost...

I vote Evie, I think she is way hotter and a better actress.

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Yeah, I agree Evangeline Lilly would be a great Lois Lane. She's beautiful but strong, as Lois should be.
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
I do wish they wouldn't ignore that last two Reeves movies. Not that there was anything fantastic about them but I feel they shouldn't just be tossed aside. We don't need to bring back Richard Pryor or Muriel Hemingway, nothing like that but still the Nuclear Man did have his moments.
"Kill Superman."...did he have any other lines?

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.