Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » THE WALKING DEAD tv show (Page 19)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 52 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  50  51  52   
Author Topic: THE WALKING DEAD tv show
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
The page for the Neilsens doesn't have any numbers, even preliminary. [sigh]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
This doesn't sound good. [Frown]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Worry not! The Season 2 premiere drew TWD's HIGHEST RATINGS EVER to the tune of 7.3 MILLION viewers!!!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Just saw! NOTHING can stop THE WALKING DEAD!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
That's highest ratings ever for ANY basic cable show. If TWD maintains these types of numbers, we're gonna be watching for a looong time... [Cool]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glen Cadigan
Semi-Pro

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glen Cadigan   Email Glen Cadigan         Edit/Delete Post     
IF season three takes place in the prison, you'd figure that they'd make more than 13 episodes, given these ratings.

I mean, once you've built a prison set, you're going to want to get the use of it. At that point, it becomes the same as any other fixed set show. Your costs are amortized!

--------------------
Follow me on twitter at https://twitter.com/#!/GlenCadigan

or check out my website at http://www.glencadigan.com

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I didn't think they'd get to Hershel's farm so quickly! I kinda doubt they can milk that setting for all the remaining S2 eps. In fact I kinda hope they don't. Interesting, though, that some of the scenes I've seen for the next episode show Shane in an urban-looking setting.

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I think Shane will be on his own at some point soon. Remember the scene in the S2 trailer where he is running from zombies (and takes a scary tumble)... I kinda hate to see him split off from the group.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Well, it certainly fits with what he and Andrea talked about. From what I saw on the "Talking Dead" after-show, that scene (or something similar) takes place next episode.

--------------------

gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Glen Cadigan:
IF season three takes place in the prison, you'd figure that they'd make more than 13 episodes, given these ratings.

I mean, once you've built a prison set, you're going to want to get the use of it. At that point, it becomes the same as any other fixed set show. Your costs are amortized!

I doubt they'll have to 'build' a prison set. 'Redress' one of the many existing ones at worst, or use a real (abandoned) prison for the scenes.
Still, would like to see it play out a bit longer than 6-13 episodes.

From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
[QB]I didn't think they'd get to Hershel's farm so quickly!QB]

Really? It is a completely different reality than the comics now and can borrow storyline from practically anywhere in the series. I am not surprised that they are using a fairly dramatic story early in the season. Not really surprised about the differrence in Shane's role/destiny eaither. Dissapointed, but not surprised.
From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gone
gone

quote:
Originally posted by LASHbrain:
I think Shane will be on his own at some point soon. Remember the scene in the S2 trailer where he is running from zombies (and takes a scary tumble)... I kinda hate to see him split off from the group.

I have to admit that I was sort of surprised to find that 'Shane' had developed a bit of a fan base. I had to stop and think about it and realized that I am highly biased in this situation... I don't care for the character (tv or Comic) and I dispise the actor. I guess that lacking either of those opinions, it would be fairly easy to like 'Shane' (depite him being an opportunistic creep and a would-be rapist) as portrayed in the television series?
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

ASIDE: As I refuse to compare the TV show and comic any longer, I shan't speak of comic Shane here.

Shane does have his good qualities and bad, like anyone. He was also the saviour and protector of Lori and Carl before Rick-- who he had no idea was alive once the hospital machines failed-- returned.

There's a lot more there than that, to my eyes. Your vision may vary.

Maybe Shane and Andrea will hook up. Maybe they both can help each other heal.

--------------------

Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
I haven't read the comic.

And so far, I have liked Shane.

He's flawed, but he does have good points ... and it turns out that he was RIGHT.

Going to the CDC did nothing for the group (other than let them know there was no one coming to help them) and cost them at least one member of their group.

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Interestingly, this episode seems to show that, contrary to the comic, natural (non-zombie bite) deaths do NOT begat zombies. All those bodies on the freeway would seem to be confirmation.

--------------------

This topic comprises 52 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  50  51  52   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.