Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2 (Page 19)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
My guess is the new upload might go live over Thanksgiving weekend. They seem to do these things (special events & new issue releases) on holidays. Not sure I'm excited about some of the changes you're reporting. I'm in the process of downloading the patch to the test server (it's been downloading since 11 PM last night and still has about 10K to go as of 6 AM!) so maybe later today I'll get onto the test server to see for myself.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

The Positron TF WAS great fun on Infinity! (Never thought I would say that about Positron!) Thanks to Princess P, Star, & Kent for keeping Beauty alive through most of it.

Last night Condo met up with Pete and we ran a few level 21 & 22 missions. (Grats to Pete for reaching lvl 22!) Pete's Lost mish in KR was a bear. Pete had never seen Pariah Prelates before and they caught him by surprise.

Condo's Freakshow mission (first time against them for either of us) was a learning experience also. Freak lieutenants & bosses can rez themselves! YIKES! I never heard that before (nor had Pete) and it sure caught us by surprise and left us very leery about any Freak we killed. I found myself waiting until the body disappeared before I felt sure that they weren't coming back.

Lots to get used to!

--------------------

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyleLyle
hmmmm....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyleLyle   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Yikes! That sounds awful, Blue! Have you posted your concerns to the board?

I'm hoping the patch doesn't go for a little while longer -- partly because it's sounding as flawed as Update 2, but also because I'm trying to gring Captain Hottie through his levels and do the Bastion TF before Update 3 goes in... I'd like one of my guys to experince finishing off the Fifth Column before they become the council.

Captain Hottie did Synapse this weekend and that was an interesting expereince. Our team was 2 fire blasters, a dark scrapper, a sword scrapper, a illuionist and a rad/rad def. Wow, that was a powerhouse team, we really charged through the missions. Overall a good group, despite the random pickup. We had only one problematic player, a charge ahead type who thankfully could handle a whole mob's aggro... 'cause there were many times we watched him battle after he charged ahead despite the controller and defenders calls to gather for buffs.

I'd be totally into playing with Prism Lord, tho so if we're doing Virtue, give me a holler.

I proved my alt-aholism this weekend tho when I ended up creating a leather-clad martial artist, Cassandra Steed, after watching one of my Avengers DVDs. (Yes, even tho I'm trying to focus on one character, I had to create another when inspiration came.)

--------------------
Lyle's part-time blogging

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
I still haven't managed to get this game, but it sure sounds fun
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

quote:
Originally posted by dedman:
I still haven't managed to get this game, but it sure sounds fun

It really is, dedman! I've never gotten into computer/video games before and couldn't understand how someone could spend hours playing them UNTIL I got this. Now I play it just about every night and almost all weekend. It's a great deal of fun. More so because there is such a great group of posters from LW that are regulars and we have a great time playing our heroes together.

At about $40 for the game (which includes one free month and then a monthly subscription of $15 (I think....when I renewed I paid for the entire year) it's relatively cheap for the number of hours of fun it provides.

Hope you give it a shot! Make sure you look for us if you do. All our heroes and the servers on which they reside can be found on the other highlighted thread (there is a link in my sig line)

Vee

--------------------

Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, it took all night and I'm going to be
regretting this in the morning, but Grem and
I got Blue up to level 32 and he got his
ultimate power...Full Auto.

AS I expected, it's a power that the 5th has
used ... it's not exactly as cool as a Phantasm,
but it should be pretty devastating in its own
right once I get it slotted with enough
damages. It makes me feel a little better about
the prospects of facing issue 3 now ...

Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
Get used to the Freaks, guys. They'll be
around until Level 39, at least ... *sigh*

Did you guys have to fight a tank?

Vee, your Invisible Lyle is on Infinity,
right? What level is he? I think we
should definitely spend some time working
on getting him up to be high enough for the
TF up to and including grant invisibility.
Princess' power really helped us speed
through the mish by skipping over the
minions.

At this point, I'm not sure if I should
just exemp Star to do it again or maybe
work on Brin to get him up to a high
enough level to do that TF as well ...
does anyone know if the exemped guy
gets disconnected does he get kicked off
the TF? I know that if the person he's
exemped to does, he will, but I don't
know what happens if he does ...

Alternatively, I think Star is still
just under 17, so if enough people
want to do it again soon I could play
him at it one more time ...

Blue Battler
Honorary

Hello?

*taps microphone*

Anyone here?

Echo!

[Big Grin]

Blue Battler
Honorary

I just took Blue to his store in Founder's
Falls ... I HATE that place! I died twice
before I got to him. Why they place the
contacts that you have to get stuff from
beginning at level 31 on in the midst of
Level 38 baddies I'll never know. I flew
in stealthy, and I still got sniped to
death twice. As to how someone with super
speed and super jump would get there, I
haven't a clue ...

If I can still play him after Issue 3 goes
out, I'm definitely going to finish up
the invisiblity pool so I can take phase
shift. Being able to run around doing a
Tinya Wazzo impression may be the only way
to travel there!

Vee
Still smoooooth!

So...where is everyone going to play tonight?

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry for not being around this week guys. I haven't logged in since still having the shut down issues last weekend and have been using the time to build a new website. Something I've been putting off for too long. I doubt I'll log in the rest of the week with Thanksgiving and some people traveling to be with family. Maybe this coming weekend after everyone has eaten their fill of turkey we can get together.

BTW, Caroline was playing when I left for work this morning and she says they've added Button Men to the Hollows. The ones she saw were level 11 and hanging with some Trolls of the same level so I think we can safely assume they weren't left over from an ambush.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

No problem Scott. I figured this week would be light with the Holidays anyway.

I spent some time exploring on the test server but never got to see the Ghost Ship that is supposed to exist in Talos or the Squid in IP.

I did go to Stirga Island and it was pretty cool. There is a volcano on it and the Council apparently has a base inside the crater. The crater itself is sealed with a mechanical doorway type portal. Didn't see anyway in so I imagine it opens for missions.

Stirga seems to be populated mostly with Banished Pantheon and Council, both ranging from level 21 -28 (at least those are what I saw.)

I also got to team with a level 11 kheldian which was neat. They kind of look like shrimp! [Big Grin] I SKed him and did a Sky Raiders mish with him and had a great time although I didn't notice any "boosting of powers" effect from him. Of course he was only an 11 so I'm not sure if it would have been all that noticeable to Condo at 21 (on the test server)

I'd kind of like to spend some more time on the test server with our group to really explore the new changes and see how it will effect game play for us.

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Did you get the Vulcanologist badge while you were checking out the volcano? There were a couple of level 50s hanging around there when I visited so I was able to sneak in and get it without alerting the guards (can't remember what they were) that were protecting the rim of the volcano.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Didn't know there was a badge and I didn't stumble over it. There were a couple of high level hanging around when I got there also so I didn't see any guards at all on the volcano. Guess I'll have to go back and look for the badge later.

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Its on the rim so you don't have to go inside since there are usually guards there (maybe the others had picked them off before you got there, that's what the guys I saw had been doing). I was able to fly around the edge of it to pick it up.
  This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.