Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » So what are you WATCHING? (Page 17)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 80 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  78  79  80   
Author Topic: So what are you WATCHING?
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Never heard of it EDE. I gotta check it out.

I am going to the Sarasota Film Festival in a few weeks. Stanley Tucci is going to be there! I just bought tkts for it online! Charlize Theron is also there for a film called Battle of Seattle about the WTO Seattle thing in 99. I'm more excited about Tucci! I've mentioned here he's one of my fave actors! My goal is to talk with him for a couple of minutes. I bought tkts for the After Party which is usually kick ass! I also am going to watch 3 other films. Tucci's film is called Blind Date btw.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
A DVD called The Jane Austen Book Club . It's cute if a little slow at times, but since I'm a devotee of Emily Blunt it was more than worthwhile. She of course is wonderful.

Emily Blunt News!
The Young Victoria (she plays the lead) is in post production and she's currently filming The Wolf Man.

Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
TV shows - as I said in the Lost thread, Lost is the only thing I'm watching right now. Everything else is just garbage (not including the Daily Show or Colbert Report).

However, I did watch the Riches season two opener. It was enjoyable. The show always seems to be...*lacking* something. But Eddie Izzard, the lead character, makes all of his scenes 100% worthwhile in tuning in. Like all the FX shows recently though, I wonder if I'll be able to maintain any sort of interest (I faded out midway through last seasons of Rescue Me and Nip/Tuck, and I used to watch those two shows religiously).

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Eddie Izzard? You mean the guy who played Mr. Kite in Across the Universe? How interesting!

Take the damn hint, Cobester!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I slowed down on my movie watching. I saw Disturbia and suprisingly liked it.

I've also been watching shows like Lost, Survivor, Medium, and Dirt.

Cobie, what is the Riches like? British actors acting American? I always got the feeling it was making fun of the American stereotype. That seems to be a popular trend these days.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I've been on a Fritz Lang kick lately. I watched "M" a week or so ago, and started watching "Metropolis" the other night. I always forget how powerful silent films can be, until I see one that's really awesome.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

I have a nice framed poster of Metropolis at home. It was one of the first films I saw in film school and it just struck a chord with me. Way before its time. Have to check out some of his other stuff.
Eryk Davis Ester

"M" is usually considered to be his masterpiece. It also gave Peter Lorre his first starring role.

I've got the DVR set to record some his stuff over the next couple of weeks.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Jorge, the Riches is actually pretty good. I'd say its not the greatest show in TV, but like most FX shows is very enjoyable with consistent quality and downright moments of brillance. I like it better than Dirt, but not as much as Damages.

There isn't really any making fun of the American stereotype, either. If anything its the opposite of that, really getting into the American stereotype (southern/Texas/Midwest) and exploring how false/true that can be. But that's only a minor aspect of the story, as its really an analysis of honesty and truths, and the sense of both freedom and creating barriers/limitations on your life.

And the cast is superb.

The first season was good, with moments of 'great'. The first two episodes so far in season two have been A+. Very good. We'll see if that remains so.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Cobie, good to hear The Riches isn't what I feared. May have to check it out.
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
V and V: The Final Battle.

It's twins! Good shows but they obviously left the smarter aliens, the ones that designed the ships, behind.

30 Seconds Over Tokyo.

Now I'm a firm believer that it's okay for men to cry at movies....

... as long as it's either Brian's Song or The Green Mile, but I've been having my moments lately. When Crowe gives his breakfast to his littler daughter in Cinderella Man. The "Let it Be" boy in "Across the Universe." The little chinese man that brings the gifts to the american soldiers in "30 Seconds" ... I bent but did not break.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Cinderella Man gives me (2) moments:
(1) the aforemented Crowe giving his breakfast to his daughter
(2) Braddock to Jay Gould: "Thanks. For all of it". Something about that bit of dialogue gets me all misty.

I love that movie.

Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Dumaka Ester:
I've been on a Fritz Lang kick lately.

I watched The Testament of Dr. Mabuse tonight.

Wow! What an incredible movie! It reminds me a lot of golden age comics in its basic feel and plot!

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Agree on Cinderilla Man. Great stuff.

Re: Fritz Lang. As I said I have a Metropolis poster and my daughter asked what is that(after it being in the house for 2 years). I explained it was a silent film b&w. She was shocked. She couldn't understand how films could be "silent". [Smile] She also saw rotary phone the other day for the first time...same shock.

I've seen a few good ones this last weekend. No Reservations. A romantic comedy but it's about the NYC restuarant scene with Catherine Zeta-Jones (me heart her). It was pretty good.

Saw Big Night again. Stanley Tucci, Shaloub, and a bunch of other great actors. I'm going to a film fest with a Tucci film and he will be in the audience. So I'm watching some of his films.

Superman Returns. Eh. I've never been a huge Supes fan but I did enjoy the original movies back as a kid. The guy who played Superman was pretty good not great. Lois Lane was a horribly cast IMO. I think it tried a bit too hard to be like Donner's films. I enjoyed it but thought it was flawed on many levels. It can't compare to any Spider-Man film. I just don't see it appealing to kids.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
Superman Returns. Eh. I've never been a huge Supes fan but I did enjoy the original movies back as a kid. The guy who played Superman was pretty good not great. Lois Lane was a horribly cast IMO. I think it tried a bit too hard to be like Donner's films. I enjoyed it but thought it was flawed on many levels. It can't compare to any Spider-Man film. I just don't see it appealing to kids.

Agree. I didn't see it right away, so when I did I was left a little dissapointed. Upon a rewatch, only more so. Whereas, I liked the Spider-Man and X-Men films and have only grown to enjoy them more upon each watch (excluding X-Men 3, which overall I found very weak).
  This topic comprises 80 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  78  79  80   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.