Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2 (Page 16)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
If we are going to switch servers for the hisory group, it looks like Justice & Victory have the most slots available for the majority.

And here are some ideas for other historical heroes that would be kind of cool. If someone doesn't do some of these I may have to try them:

Quasimodo, the Hunchback of Notre Dame ~ tanker?
D'Artagnan & the Three Musketeers (Porthos, Aramis, and Athos) ~ broadsword scrappers of course [Big Grin]
King Arthur & The Knights of the Roundtable ~ dibs on Merlin! [Big Grin]

And, Blue: Here are some ideas for you:

Paul Bunyun
Sam Houston
Davy Crockett
Daniel Boone

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
Anyone read A Connecticut Yankee in King
Arthur's Court? A month or so ago I had a
dream about creating him as a blaster in the
game ... 8-)

I don't know what I'd make him as just yet,
though. Now that Blue is within spitting
distance of 32, I can't see ever playing an
AR blaster again ...

As a matter of fact, the way Bluette is
shaping up I have a feeling she's going to
be my ultimate energy blaster, so ...

Right now I really think I'd like to play more
with illusion and mind control powers ... and
kinetics defenders. 8-)

Colorific is an illusion controller with kinetics
as a secondary, but I think the next illusion
controller I roll is going to have empathy as
a second ... you gotta be able to buff those
Phantasms!

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
Actually, come to think of it ...
I think that probably pretty much
any controller who can take a pet
should be picking up empathy as a
second ... I know that fire imps
can be killed ... and phantasms ...
I don't know about the Grav pet,
though ...

Blue Battler
Honorary

So what time are we playing tonight?
Blue Battler
Honorary

Star and Beauty Blaze are on if anyone
is ready to join us.

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm still at frickin' work! I hate my job! Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

OK, I'm leaving! Maybe Princess will get to play a bit.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry Princess didn't show up. When I got home from that 12-hour day, my hubby had a bath all set up with bath salts and chamomille and smelly froo-froo candles and wine and relaxing music, so I just sat in there for a while and then went right to bed. I've got an awesome hubby.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Heh.

I'd say that you made the right choice, Seymour.
[Big Grin]

Star is still 4 bubbles away from 16 ... so near
and yet so far to mutate ...

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

I think I made the right decision too. It was just what I needed after work.

What times are good for Doc and others to try Synapse again? If Doc can't do it this weekend, maybe we should start Positron with a small team (or teams) on Infinity?

I may have to work Saturday afternoon, and I've got some yard stuff I should take care of, but I'm pretty open this weekend.

--------------------
Geek Watch

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
THIS IS FROM THE RECENT UPDATES PAGE:

Game:

* Auto AFK: If there is no keyboard activity in 5 minutes, your character will automatically be set to AFK (“Away From Keyboard”).
* Auto Logout: In order to improve lag and framerate for our players, we have instituted an Auto Logout feature for players who are not actively playing the game. After 18 minutes of inactivity you will hear a chime and receive a message that you will be auto logged out in 2 minutes. If you have not given any inputs to your character in those 2 minutes, you will hear a klaxon and the 30 second logout timer will begin. If you resume activity during those 20 minutes then the Auto Logout will be reset.

You will NOT Auto Logout under the following circumstances:
o You are on a Mission Map.
o You are on a Task Force.

So they frelling lied! They posted on the Test Server board that this was pulled from the test server to work on something that would be suitable to all involved. Instead they pulled it to make it live. Nassholes! Its one thing to screw with the game instead of making improvements but to outright lie to us is worse.

So, do we need to retest our fixt of running in a corner to stop the AFK from happening?

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
If we are going to switch servers for the hisory group, it looks like Justice & Victory have the most slots available for the majority.

And here are some ideas for other historical heroes that would be kind of cool. If someone doesn't do some of these I may have to try them:

Quasimodo, the Hunchback of Notre Dame ~ tanker?
D'Artagnan & the Three Musketeers (Porthos, Aramis, and Athos) ~ broadsword scrappers of course [Big Grin]
King Arthur & The Knights of the Roundtable ~ dibs on Merlin! [Big Grin]

And, Blue: Here are some ideas for you:

Paul Bunyun
Sam Houston
Davy Crockett
Daniel Boone

How is Victory for everyone for our historical heroes? I'm pretty sure my Victory is about empty (really need to update my list, maybe this weekend). And sorry I didn't make it last night. I was just too exhausted and decided to call it an early night. I knew I had a 12+ hour day coming today at work so I felt better just storing up the energy to get me through this day.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyleLyle
hmmmm....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyleLyle   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
So they frelling lied! They posted on the Test Server board that this was pulled from the test server to work on something that would be suitable to all involved. Instead they pulled it to make it live. Nassholes! Its one thing to screw with the game instead of making improvements but to outright lie to us is worse.

So, do we need to retest our fixt of running in a corner to stop the AFK from happening?

I'm not sure if they ever put it back up on the test server but they have changed it -- you're now immune from the auto-AFK and auto-logout if you are on a mission map or if you are on a Task Force.

So if mostly pushes us to stick to indoor missions.

Heroes of history sounds interesting, cept the historical figures I can think of that have intruiged me, I eventually realized were villains -- Nobunaga Oda sounded cool until I remember that history remembers him as a villain. Then I thought of Yang Kuei-fei but realize that she, too, would be a villain.

Hm, I just thought of Lao Tzu tho that feels kinda blasphemous.

(One more person who came to mind... Yukio Mishima, also a villain.)

[ November 19, 2004, 06:36 AM: Message edited by: LyleLyle ]

--------------------
Lyle's part-time blogging

Doc Nimbus
Legion of Virtue

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doc Nimbus   Email Doc Nimbus         Edit/Delete Post     
Victory works for me for historical type characters.... not sure If I can make the TF for this weekend with Doc, however. We D&D on Saturday, and my daughter is coming for the week starting on Sunday.

--------------------
"Your plan didn't work, now let's try it my way...brute force!"

From: Founder's Falls, Paragon City | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyleLyle
hmmmm....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyleLyle   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Ah-ha! I think I've thought of someone who's always intruiged me that could work...

Lady Shikibu Murasaki, credited as the first modern novelist. It's always been an ambition for me to read The Tale of Genji. (Tried a few times and failed.)

Too bad the cosume creator doesn't allow kimonos...

--------------------
Lyle's part-time blogging

Super Lad Kid
part-time lurker

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Super Lad Kid   Email Super Lad Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I just tried to make Ghandi or Mahatma Ghandi for the Victory server and both names were already used. [Frown] I made a M. Ghandi and ran him through the outbreak, but I never liked initials much. Anyway, Ghandi is an empathy char with psionic powers. Of course he would never raise a hand in violence, so he uses his mind instead!
From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.