Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » So what are you EATING? (Page 13)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13   
Author Topic: So what are you EATING?
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
That's great! I've been wanting to have a Hydrox for years. The last I remember, they had changed the name to "Droxies" (or something similar), then stopped selling them completely.

In my opinion, Hydrox actually compares quite favorably to Oreo -- actually, a number of the generic and smaller label brands do. I think it was just a matter of Oreo having built up so much brand recognition that people were using the name synonymously with "chocolate sandwich cookie."

Anyway, a little competition is good. I hope Hydrox sticks around after this initial anniversary celebration is over.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
profh0011
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for profh0011   Author's Homepage   Email profh0011         Edit/Delete Post     
Red Baron Pepperoni "Singles" pizza. I ignore the instructions on boxes of these things, after the first time when I charred something to a crisp doing what it said. For this, 350 degrees, 13 minutes EXACTLY is perfect. (Otherwise it's overdone) Somehow, re-hearted (or in this case, frozen) pizza is the perfect accompaniment to horror or murder mystery movies at night. I did notice looking over the supermarket receipt, however, that Red Baron "singles" and "deep dish" are the exact same price, which is silly, as the "deep dish" is a LOT more filling. so I may stick to the "deep dish" from now on (17 minutes, by the way-- determined after about 4 pies).
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saturn Girl
Always Leave Them Spellbound

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saturn Girl           Edit/Delete Post     
Sugar-free Oreos...... actually pretty good. Beats the hell out of not being able to eat oreos at all......
From: Utah (non-Mormon!!!) | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Mango Lassie-- made it myself and everything. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

You-- you made a mango lassie?! [Eek!]

Does the ASPCA know about this??

Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Speaking of Mangos:

My wife is on a vegan kick (which, by extension, means I'm on a vegan kick) so, tonight, it was sauteed tempeh with bamboo shoots, with a side of jasmine sticky rice topped with sliced mango.

In the words of Sheriff Andy Taylor, it was, "Goooooo-oooood!"

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

I don't think I could ever become a vegetarian or a vegan, but I really like things like tofu, gluten, and tempeh.

I've had some great preparations at vegetarian/vegan restaurants over the years, but I've yet to try preparing anything myself.

Uranus Lad
substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Uranus Lad   Email Uranus Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
It's harvest time and I planted a plethora of tomatoes (along with beans, kale, lettuce, cukes, zucchini onions,etc.) my favorite being these yellow heirlooms that are super-sweet. I also planted a lot of basil so I've made a ton of pesto. Many a dinner in the last few weeks has been either pasta or grains with pesto and sliced tomatoes with sea salt. BTW, I've been a vegetarian for around 20 years now and I highly recommend it. I'm constantly told that I look 10-15 years younger than I am. I smoke and drink (don't tell anybody) so it must be working.

--------------------
Is that a moon?

From: Portland, OR | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

I just had a Hot Pockets "deli style ham and Swiss" Panini. The new paninis are supposed to feature "artisan style focaccia bread" and "premium meats & delicious cheeses," but I thought it tasted more or less like a regular Hot Pocket.

As with their other products, I found that the "crisping sleeve" really didn't make the Hot Pocket all that crisp -- it still had the consistency of a stale jumbo pretzel that you'd get at a movie theater concession stand.

matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
My wife made some cookies that used pumpkin pie filling. My, but they are too good to just be called cookies. I made a motion to have them for supper, but was overruled.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Werezompire Stu:
As with their other products, I found that the "crisping sleeve" really didn't make the Hot Pocket all that crisp -- it still had the consistency of a stale jumbo pretzel that you'd get at a movie theater concession stand.

For things like Hot Pockets, Mama Celeste pizzas, or other "crisp in the microwave" meals, I microwave them for two or three minutes to get them unfrozen and to get the insides hot, then stick them in the toaster oven at 300 degrees for about ten minutes just to crisp them up.

Right now, I just had three slices of sausage pizza while watching football and I'm about to go into pizza coma...

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raging Bull
Maverick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raging Bull           Edit/Delete Post     
I had a buffalo burger with spicy cole slaw for supper.

--------------------
♦ Translated from 31st century Texan to 21st century English ♦

From: The open range | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.