Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » So what are you READING? (Page 13)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 91 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  89  90  91   
Author Topic: So what are you READING?
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Thrusday is a lousy night! How about the OC!
From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by STU:
I have the special collector's edition gray cover.

STU - Still Telling Untruths [Wink]
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by RTVU2:
Thrusday is a lousy night! How about the OC!

RT, I don't watch the OC. Absolutely nothing on Thursday, Monday, Tuesday or Saturday interests me. I should be able to get a lot of reading done, eh? I'm now at page 125 in Jonathan Strange. It's picking up and getting quite good. Two major new spells have been cast.
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm currently reading Otherworld: City of Shadows. It's a trilogy, but I only bought the first one because I wasn't sure I'd like the book. And considering it's 780 pages long, I want to know I like it before spending my money on the others. It's definitely a good book with a nice blend of sci-fi and fantasy (more sci-fi but with some elements of fantasy).

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luca
Sensor Kid of the European Legion Outpost

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luca           Edit/Delete Post     
Notre-Dame de Paris

--------------------
Ciao by Sensor Kid...from the European Legion Outpost

From: European Legion Outpost | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

ferroboy, did you mean, "Otherland, City of Golden Shadow" by Tad Williams? If so, the series is actually 4 very long volumes. As I posted above in this thread, I recently went to a book signing and had Tad Williams sign all 4 volumes of the Otherland series.
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, that's the one, Semi. I find it quite enjoyable so I will be getting the rest. I'm actually moving through it faster than I would have expected but I still haven't made page 300.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
i just picked up and started "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

I suppose I could read that, but I'm not a fan of her philosophy - or at least what I can remember of it from my Ethics class.

--------------------
Dan

Owl Lad
proudtobecanadian

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Owl Lad   Email Owl Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Has anyone read Jonathan Franzen's (sp?) The Corrections? My Chapters store is selling it for $9.99 (CDN) with an additional10% off and it's the hardcover edition. Is this worth the buy despite the low price tag? I heard it got a lot of buzz after the author was against wanting it on Oprah's Book Club.
From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I read The Corrections. It's funny. Dysfunctional family that still manages to function in the end - but not so dysfunctional that most of us wouldn't recognize some of the elements in our own families. I wouldn't classify it as Pultizer material - too light - but the author had a way of tying together very disparate sub-plots which I enjoyed.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luca
Sensor Kid of the European Legion Outpost

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luca           Edit/Delete Post     
do you know Jack Williamson-More than Dark??
is it sci-fi or fantasy?

--------------------
Ciao by Sensor Kid...from the European Legion Outpost

From: European Legion Outpost | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I liked the Corrections too. Not as heavy as I expected it to be.
From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by ferroboy:
I suppose I could read that, but I'm not a fan of her philosophy - or at least what I can remember of it from my Ethics class.

Her philosophy is not really up my alley either, but i do find her to be an excellent writer.
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

I read a bunch of Ayn Rand books back in university. The best one for me was "We the Living", which I believe was one of her earlier works. It's not as preachy as the others. Atlas Shrugged was always famous for John Galt's 50 page speech. Readers seemed to be divided into 2 camps - those that plowed through those 50 pages and those that skipped it. I can't remember which I did. Nevertheless, I do not subscribe to her philosophy.
  This topic comprises 91 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  89  90  91   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.