Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2 (Page 126)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  123  124  125  126  127  128  129   
Author Topic: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
beta, Beta, BETA! [Razz]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
I16 is now on Open Beta on Test. I have to say that I think it's going to be really neat to be able to customize the colors. ^_^
Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
"Champions" is also set to launch. Pre-order people start tomorrow, I believe, with official launch on Tuesday. Despite some cool parts, I can't say I've been impressed with it overall in beta.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
I haven't even tried Champions.

Now DC Online ... THAT I will try.

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Been playing Champions. I like the eye-popping colors, which are very vibrant compared to City of Heroes or most other MMOs.

Otherwise, meh. I have more fun in character creation than anywhere else. So yeah, it's Barbi superhero dress up for boys....

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Wish I could say otherwise but I also find it to be ...meh!

It's a bit awkward and not really user friendly. With CoH and WoW you could easily start playing and figure things out as you went along. Champions seems to need an instruction manual.

I'll play a bit more since I have a free month but I doubt I'll spend too much time or money on it.

--------------------

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Been reading on the COH Forums that DC Online will not be a monthly fee based game. From what I'm gathering, they expect there to be a lot of micro transactions-- where you to have pay cash to get some of the really cool stuff-- and maybe all paid expansions.
Blue Battler
Honorary

I16 is live!

Come color your new FX!

Blue Battler
Honorary

Weekend after next COH is going to have another Double XP Weekend ... and will include account reactivaton for the weekend. Those of you who have left the game might want to check out the new color customization options.
Blue Battler
Honorary

Double XP weekend started today ... and so did the free account reactivation.

Those of you who aren't paying anymore might want to log on to check the new stuff.

Vee
Still smoooooth!

This past weekend Blue and I did the Positron TF with just 3 toons. Completed it in about 3 and a half hours with no deaths! Woot!

It was a great deal of fun.

--------------------

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Good for you! I finally let my account lapse. I'll miss playing with you guys, but I got on so infrequently, the cost wasn't worth it any more.

Keep up the good fight!

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

It was fun.

Anyone other than Vee and me still playing?

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Saw on one of the gamer sites today that DC Online is set to launch on January 1st, 2010. Not sure how accurate they may be but it's worth relaying.

--------------------

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

That came from a Goeff Johns interview, and Sony said basically he doesn't know what he's talking about. It isn't even in beta yet. I'd be surprised if it launches by summer 2010.

But it's looking pretty cool, even with no Aquaman, Legion or Gemworld -- yet.

--------------------
Geek Watch

This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  123  124  125  126  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.