Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » So what are you WATCHING? (Page 12)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 80 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  78  79  80   
Author Topic: So what are you WATCHING?
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I just saw "Sunshine" (Not "Little Miss..."), a sci-fi movie about a mission to revitalize a dying Sun. It's from Danny Boyle, the guy who gave us "28 days Later". I enjoyed "Sunshine" a lot, even though it's not exactly thrill-a-minute. it's kinda artsy like "2001" and has a bit of an "Alien" vibe to it as well at points. A very unusual sci-fi movie that's diiferent from a lot of the usual stuff out there.

I'd recommend it fairly enthusiastically. I think it got overlooked. Not saying it's a classic but definitely interesting stylistically. Some beautiful effects and sets.

"Superbad"...well, based on enthusiastic reviews and word of mouth, I thought it would be a lot funnier. It was certainly pretty funny at points, but maybe I'm just not its target audience at 37. The bit about the fat kid's peculiar drawing obsession wasthe biggest LOL moment for me, though--knew a guy who did the exact same thing! [LOL]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Sunshine? I gotta check it out. Sounds like Solaris with Clooney. [Smile] That was very slow.

Superbad was very juvenile. I felt old (32) and a bit embarrassed for my wife with some of the language. It got down right crude. I'm a Michael Cera fan though because of Arressted Development. [Smile]

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Never saw "Solaris". But "Sunshine" was not as badly-reviewed as that one. I think the pacing was pretty decent in "Sunshine" personally.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Don't feel bad guys. My brother (he's 25) wasn't really into Superbad either and he's not that old. My little bro (19) absolutely loved it however and so did all his friends. Its definately a movie aimed at high school and college kids. I thought it had some pretty funny parts. The cops were great but my experience with the police (and there have been many) make me realize its all wishful thinking.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
I thought "Superbad" was meant as a description for the film in general, just from the commercials. And we all know the commercials are usually made from the best bits of the movie... [Roll Eyes] [Razz] [LOL]

I didn't even bother watching the $3.99 Video On Demand broadcast. [shrug]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Saw another "juvenile" movie this last weekend Transformers. And I thought it rocked.

I was never a huge fan of the cartoon. Sure I watched it but I was a much bigger fan of G.I. Joe. I did watch some Beast Wars and while I thought changing into animals was silly I did like the overall story.

This movie was a bit long but I just loved the action, the funny lines, Megan Fox's body, etc. Good old action & fun...the robots looked great!

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I highly reccomend 'No Country for Old Men'. Its not what you'd expect unless you know the Coen Bros. going into it. Amazing acting, beautiful cinamtography and some really intense seens that had my blood pumping.

All this you're hearing about Javier Bardeem (sp?)? Its not just media talk. The man does a phenominal job.

I loved it. Jorg, its right up your alley.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Cobalt, speaking of the Coen Bros watch Miller's Crossing if you haven't already! Just saw it last month and it rocked!

I've heard really good things about No Country for Old Men. I love the Coen Bros and been a fan of Bardeem for a while now.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Bardeem has the best bad guy performance since the millenium began. To be honest, I can't remember the last bad guy to nail it so well (Longshanks in Braveheart?). Its one of those scary ones that only comes every so often.
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Man I hated Longshanks in Braveheart. I loved when the French hot princess whispered in his ear that his son isn't the baby's father. [Smile]
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Agreed. His portrayal made me hate him more than I've hated most any character in a movie, which shows how good a job he did.
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Sick-day run to the library for DVDs.

Fido

I laughed. I cried. I chewed my fingers a little.

Pretty good soundtrack.

Back to the library to pick up a Squirrel Nut Zippers' CD.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Fido? Is that a zombie movie?

Speaking of zombies (of sorts) I saw I Am Legend. I enjoyed it lots. Got into the story. The zombie-vampire things starting to get smart sure was scary.

I also saw FF: Rise of the Silver Surfer. It was fun. Some things were cheesy but I enjoyed it. I hate Doom though. The actor is all wrong. I mean Dr. Doom with bitch brows?! C'mon! I want a scary eastern-european type! Anyways, loved the special-effects.

Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
Fido? Is that a zombie movie?

A boy and his zombie, to be completely accurate. A whim pick off the shelf that turned out to be golden.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Saw Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End.

I really liked it BUT I had to see it in two parts. I'm actually suprised it did as well as it did. There is lots of information to process and it isn't very clearn. It's not suppossed to be clear...they are pirates. My daughter passed out about an hour into. My wife and I tried to watch the rest but stopped it.

We decided we are missing to many elements of the film and will try to catch up. The next day I went on Wiki and started an outline of sorts. It wasn't easy. Came home...read it out loud to my wife...she then read it again and said "Got it". Watched the film again and loved it. [Smile]

The entire series of film should be a miniseries of about 10 to 12 episodes. The last two especially have LOTS crammed into it. (I had to outline the first two films as well cause this film pulls so much from them)

If you are willing to do the homework it's a great film. I don't know if it was possible to streamline it without it being a completely different film.

Maybe film companies should do wht ABC does with Lost. They let you know there is homework. They make it an interactive experience. Just saying. [Smile] Some of the promos can be an interactive toy/game to inform you of plotlines, subplots, etc.

This topic comprises 80 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  78  79  80   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.