Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2 (Page 117)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  114  115  116  117  118  119  120  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Until Nvdia acknowledges the fact that their drivers suck and won't work with Vista there will be a lot of games you can't play. But rather than listen to legitimate complaints they preferred to close their boards.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
So far, CoH and KotOR II are the only ones I've had a problem with. In CoH the mouse cursor disappears when I load the game. KotOR II has a problem with the disk security.

I'm pretty sure the problem in CoH isn't with the video drivers, but I don't know much about it so I could be wrong.

From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah the Vista thing really sucks....My new laptop came with Vista preinstalled and it won't run CoV.....its to bad cause if it did I could play from work (well not WHILE I'm working, but during the two weeks I have have to stay in camp in order to go to work)
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
UPDATE!
There's a possible fix for the mouse cursor problem posed on the CoH forums. I'm going to give it a try tomorrow.
Sadly, I'm sure I'll be 20-30 levels behind the rest of you by now, but it'll still be fun to fly around as either Joe or Drake again.

FURTHER UPDATE!
It worked!

[ March 26, 2007, 02:41 AM: Message edited by: Director Lad ]

From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
So if anyone's playing a Thug Mastermind, level 18 is a thing of beauty.

I fired off my Gang War power that I got at that level, and a 'posse' of eleven thugs showed up, for a brief but glorious combat. Then I summoned my normal Thugs, forgetting that at level 18 I also get my 3rd pet, the Arsonist! Molotov cocktails everywhere!

I haven't been so happy to get a level since my Bot MM hit 26 and got his Assault Bot.

Masterminds are *so* rewarding. I'm completely spoiled by my 50 Bot / FF and my 47 Necro / Dark. Leveling my Son / Kin Corrupter, by comparison, is something I can only handle for so long before I have to go back to the sweet Mastermind pet-spam...

(Boy, does my Ninja / Poison MM suck, 'though. Love his costume, love his two-page backstory, *hate* to play him.)

[ March 28, 2007, 03:45 AM: Message edited by: Set ]

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Issue 9 is on the test server. They want us to test the crafting, of course, but in the three hours I played last night, I only got three ingredient drops and a few recipes -- not enough to make anything. If the point was to test crafting, you'd think they'd increase the drops.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
I got two recipes in one mish earlier today, but I have no idea what salvage they take. I can't imagine the casual player is going to get much out of Inventions really.

What I really want to do is the Statesman Task Force!

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
I still can't get into test so I'll have to wait until I9 is released. I hope it's soon.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
I was on Test for the 3 Year Anniversary Party.

They didn't say when I9 was going live, but it's sounding like it's going to be sometime soon. Positron gave an interview on Woot!radio but I missed it. Hoping they post a transcript or summary. They usually do.

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
They'll probably do it the weekend of San Diego Comic-Con -- like they did the last time I went. [Frown]

I hopped on for the party and, as usual with these events, was unimpressed. About 10 minutes in, we got an admin message to go to the ski chalet. Twenty minutes later, still no one official had shown up, so I left.

I'm not impressed with inventions so far. I finally collected enough stuff to make one -- a 50 damage for Shadow Lad. This wasn't one of the fancy set ones, so those may be nice. It was just a damage. But when I went to slot it, it was only going to increase my damage by 1.4 percent over the SOs I already had in there. Big frackin' whoop!

I've got enough time cards to get me through July. I think I'll just stop then.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Gah. I can't get this one deleted... sorry...

[ April 30, 2007, 08:11 AM: Message edited by: Blue Battler ]

Blue Battler
Honorary

I can certainly understand that, Seymour.

At this point, I've done virtually all the Hero arcs that currently exist at least once. I've played most of the powers that I really enjoy.

On the villain side, Space Cadet. is at leve 43 and has all the good powers from the MM set. There's still lag issus in COV for me, and quite frankly the preponderance of EBs/AVs bores me to tears. Yeah, Spacey can solo pretty much all the EBs there are, but it's not fun. It's a chore.

There's really no one I've played with in COV that still plays, and MMs aren't exactly great on pickup teams.

I still have a couple friends on COH and I don't really have any game to replace it with.

Three years into the game, I don't think the Devs are going to bring out much more that's new and exciting. I don't know how long the game will last, but I won't be surprised if it goes under after the Marvel and DC Games come out.

Issue 10 is supposed to be story driven, so hopefully it might bring some of the fun back.
I'll prolly hang around at least to see that.

Blue Battler
Honorary

I9 has gone live.
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

And former players can dust off their characters for free through Sunday. Should we get the gang together and do the new Statesman Task Force?

[ May 04, 2007, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: Suddenly Seymour ]

--------------------
Geek Watch

Blue Battler
Honorary

City of Heroes just reinstituted the 90 day inactive account can cause a name to go up for grabs again policy.
  This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  114  115  116  117  118  119  120  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.