Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2 (Page 114)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  111  112  113  114  115  116  117  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2
Saturn Girl
Always Leave Them Spellbound

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saturn Girl           Edit/Delete Post     
Your toons look fantastic Vee [Smile] I have logged in the last couple of days trying to get wings on my toons and grabbing the bonus powers, new badge title and base swag for each. It's still taking about 10 mins each to get in because of everyone else trying to do the same thing, but it's worth it. I also have a Dawnstar and I will *try* to get a screenshot of her. The trench coat thing is cracking me up. Everyone in Paragon City is tripping over all the Neo's and Matrix Lad's, *barf* And it still bothers me when people have no concept of correct body sizing and facial structure. For example the majority of the 'Neo's' being born in the past few days look 11 years old. They are too short, too thin and have the face of a child. And yet, these guys want to be taken seriously and try to boss around others when grouped, and worse, to pull off lewd comments to 'female' toons. But anyway, I'm still splitting my focus between CoH/CoV and WoW, and still having fun. Getting excited for the holiday events and options to show up. I loved the jet-packs for the holidays last year [Smile] Rock on fellow gamers!!! *kisses*
From: Utah (non-Mormon!!!) | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
This tempts me to reup my sub to the game. I've been immersed in WoW since the summer though and I'm not sure I could pull myself away long enough!
From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Winged flight is awesome! [Dawnstar]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saturn Girl
Always Leave Them Spellbound

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saturn Girl           Edit/Delete Post     
It also rules that you can make a lvl 1 toon and have wings!!!!! Of course you still can't fly until opening flight at lvl 6, but what the heck! A veteran can have capes or wings right from the start. Remember how long we had to wait for capes back in the day? Now we all have something over all the whipper-snappers..... LOL
From: Utah (non-Mormon!!!) | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
Winged flight does rock.

I dunno. I just love trenchcoats...

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
I like the wings, but I'm not big on the trenchcoats. They're cut like tuxedo jackets with really long tails.

My hubby showed me a screenshot of a great "Hawkman." He really had it down. The headgear was a bit off, but he/she did the best that could be done with the cotume generator.

I like the new ear options, too, though I'm bummed they didn't do matching tails for all of them. I made up Super Ralphie, a weapons blaster with an eye patch. His catchphrase is, "I'll shoot your eye out!"

I also made Bearskin Brawler, my first scrapper, with the bear ears. He's cute in a manly sort of way. [Smile]

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Copycat Girl
Candidate in the #1 Brainy fangirl contest - Finals with Fangirl Girl

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copycat Girl   Email Copycat Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
I asked my mom about this site since I don't have any money and Christmas is coming up. I found the software at target the other day and was all confused since it's an online game. it was priced at $20 but at the beginning of the thread I read someone say it cost about $15 dollars a month to play. could someone explain please?

--------------------
"He's doomed. We all are. Oh, wanna hear a joke?"

"I'm always thinking about you. Because according to the restraining order, that's all I'm allowed to do."

From: Somewhere in New Metropolis. Got lost looking for Legion Headquarters. | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Sure thing CG!

Unlike most video games, this one is played online. You have to buy the software and install it on your computer. Once installed, you also have to create an online account at NCSoft's website or through the City of Heroes web site.

In order to play, you connect to the City of Heroes servers and log in (just like you do here on Legion World) Then you can create your own characters and play them live along with thousands of other subscribers. You battle villains and mobsters alongside other heroes that are being played by other "real people" like you (they might be in Alaska or New York or Japan or Gemany [Big Grin] )

There are a number of us here on Legion World that have the game and are able to play as a group when we are online at the same time. Your heroes can become part of a Supergroup (like the Justice League or Legion or Avengers) and the Supergroup can build a base that can include all sorts of neat stuff for its members.

Some important things to know:

1) There are two "versions" of the game. One is City of Heroes, the other is City of Villains. (As you might imagine, in City of Villains, you create villains instead of heroes) Although they can be played independently, I would suggest buying the combo pack that includes both games if you decide to buy anything. There are some parts of the game (like the Supergroup bases) that you can only access if you have City of Villains, even if you never play the villain version.

2) The monthly subscription can be paid either via a charge to a credit card or by using Time Cards that you can purchase at the same stores that sell the game.

3) The monthly subscription fee is $14.99 for either CoH (City of Heroes) or City of Villains (CoV) or both. (That's right, it doesn't cost you any extra to be subscribed to both of them.

4) There is no way to play this game without subscribing and playing online. So, do not waste your money if you are not able to subscribe.

I'm sure I've left out some information so feel free to ask any questions you might still have. I'm sure one of us regulars can answer just about anything. [Smile]

--------------------

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Oops! I forgot something very important to know...

Because of copyright laws, CoH/CoV does not allow you to create and play an exact duplicate of a "real" superhero or viallin.

For example, you can not create a big green hulking monster with torn purple pants and name him "Hulk" or "The Hulk" or "Hulkster" or any variation thereof.

Your account can be suspended (locked up) if you are caught doing so. They will also rename your charater "GenericHero #29861236" and you will be unable to play until you change his look and name to something that does not violate the copyright and trademark rules.

Some of us have been able to create heroes that are similar to Legionnaires because (until the animated show came out) the Legion is not very well known. However, even we have run into problems with some of our heroes because someone recognized them and reported it to the game authorities.

My suggestion would be to create your own unique hero if you decide to play and be careful with your name. Even if he or she looks nothing like the Superman of DC Comics or Catain America of Marvel Comics, if the name is the same (or even too similar...like Super Man instead of Superman or even Suporman) you can run into problems.

--------------------

Copycat Girl
Candidate in the #1 Brainy fangirl contest - Finals with Fangirl Girl

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copycat Girl   Email Copycat Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
all right. I'll have to talk to my mom though as I have no money. lol

--------------------
"He's doomed. We all are. Oh, wanna hear a joke?"

"I'm always thinking about you. Because according to the restraining order, that's all I'm allowed to do."

From: Somewhere in New Metropolis. Got lost looking for Legion Headquarters. | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

I was just over at the CoH boards and discovered that we will be getting an auction house called Wentworth's (a la The World of Warcraft auction houses) You will be able to list salvage items (in stacks), enhancements, and inspirations for sale. Considering the disparaty between what an enhancement costs at a vendor/store and what they will pay you for the same enhancement at a vendor/store when you sell it, this could be a very useful improvement. Sounds like there will be a 5% fee on the sale price which should still make it a smart way to buy and sell items.

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Apparently Wentworth's is planned for I9 (the next issue, not the one that just went live) although the buildings are all in place as of now in the various zones.

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Looks like this last patch provided some really awesome upgrade to the wings animations. They've really done a terrific job with them and now that they react to non-flight movement (like fluttering up and out when the toon is jumping) in a very natural way, they are absolutely perfect.

--------------------

Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Well I'm finally onboard with CoV. I've only played the first few missions to get a feel for the game...I like alot!!!
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Welcome aboard deddy! Did you get the combo pack or just CoV?

--------------------

This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  111  112  113  114  115  116  117  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.