Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2 (Page 112)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  109  110  111  112  113  114  115  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2
Saturn Girl
Always Leave Them Spellbound

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saturn Girl           Edit/Delete Post     
I am so mad at World of Warcraft! I am so mad that I am considering letting Scott turn on my City of Heroes again so I can go back to that. WoW is down every Tuesday for maintaince for half a day. So I usually plan on playing from 11AM on. Well today the damn thing still hasn't come up and it's almost 5pm! They took it off line at 3AM this morning! They owe me and everyone else free days, dammit. This is a rip off. So they have 15 million players, then all the more reason to get their shit together and keep their servers humming 24/7. If City of Heroes ansd City of Villains allowed independent professions, like WoW does, I'd play it. I get bored with having missions assigned and they have to be followed in a linear fashion to accomplish anything. Of course, if I had a better form of angst release then stupid online games, none of this would be a problem... LOL
From: Utah (non-Mormon!!!) | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seth Gaterra   Email Seth Gaterra         Edit/Delete Post     
Well if you're looking for another online game, I've been playing Runescape for a little over three years now. The graphics aren't very fancy(as this is Java-based)... but the combat's easy to work with, there's a lot of skills (mining, cooking, armormaking, jewelry-crafting -- which includes making your own magic items). And all that's just on the free version! [Smile]

The paid version give you access to the other cities and dungeons, expands on the items you can make with the free server skills, and adds such skills as fletching, herblore, thieving, and construction -- so you can build your own house!

They may have to take down a couple of servers for work, but there's 132 total servers that can hold 2000 people each. So you'd be able to get in. [Big Grin]

(OOC: Don't know if this post would be considered appropriate here. But I figured that if Saturn Girl was posting to the public about her problems with a game, that an offered solution might as well be public too?)

[ August 22, 2006, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: Seth Gaterra ]

Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saturn Girl

Thank you Seth!! I have never heard of Runescape before. WoW is supposed to offer jewelry making with he expansion in October when they launch the Blood Elf race. But in the meantime, especially if they offer a free trial period, I might give Runescape a try. I tried Star Wars Galaxies, and it wasn't a good match for me. Maybe your suggestion will be better. Thanks again [Smile]
From: Utah (non-Mormon!!!) | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seth Gaterra   Email Seth Gaterra         Edit/Delete Post     
No, Runescape doesn't run a free trial period before you either have to pay or lose your character. You can play for free as long as you like; it's just the membership gives you a lot more places to go and things to do.
Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, you know we'd be glad too see you on the streets of Paragon City again, SG!

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saturn Girl

Thanks Seymour [Smile] I just don't like that there is no independent element in CoH/CoV. Everything is linear, all the missions are 1,2,3,4. In WoW you can choose a career and work on your profieciency for days or even weeks before going on a quest. You can travel between lands with different climates and scenery. (Heck, it even rains and snows in WoW) You can fight humanoids and animals and monsters. I am probably not even doing the game justice in my explanation because I'm not very good at gaming anyway. But, if it keeps my interest, when I suck at playing, then a true gamer should really enjoy it. (I never duel, and I don't go to the raids or PvP's or dungeons. I just don't.) Anyway, I do miss CoH/CoV, and I don't want to lost my characters. Maybe I can justify asking Scott to pay for two $15 game accounts a month once we sell Mom and Dad's house, but right now I don't dare ask.
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
They now have a teaser for the wings feature that will be added to COH with Issue 8:

Here you go

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Woo hoo! Those look awesome. And since I've been playing since beta, I'd better get all those frickin' "Veteran Rewards." [Smile]

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, guys... it looks like Cryptic is going to be doing the Marvel MMO ...

Here's a link about it

[ September 27, 2006, 06:00 PM: Message edited by: Blue Battler ]

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Issue 8 is up on the test server!

Among the changes are some new costume options, including a variety of animal ears (no correspoding tails yet).

So, without further ado, I present ...
 -

--------------------
Geek Watch

Blue Battler
Honorary

Lol.

Cute, Seymour! 8-)

Blue Battler
Honorary

For those of you who still have active accounts but don't play them much, COH is having a Halloween themed event starting today. There will be salvage
drops from the Halloween missions that will allow your character to have a 5th costume slot ...

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Woo hoo! Got Symphonium the costume slot, and you can use it right away! Gonna wait for I8 and veteran rewards, though.

--------------------
Geek Watch

Blue Battler
Honorary

I have a scrapper on Infinity who can now do the Trial of Transcendence. The range for this Trial
is 12-15. Of course, you can be autoexemped for
it.

Is there anyone who'd be interested in doing it?

Blue Battler
Honorary

When I logged off last night, the game started the Pre-I8 patch stuff, so it should be getting closer.
  This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  109  110  111  112  113  114  115  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.