Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2 (Page 111)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  108  109  110  111  112  113  114  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, it downloaded the patch, but I get the login server down message when I try to sign in.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Web site seems to be back. I'll try logging in again.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
Seymour and I are on, come on in, guys! [Big Grin]
Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
trying........ [Frown]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

43 minutes remaining [Frown]

--------------------

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry Vee... [Frown]
Blue Battler
Honorary

Hey, guys.

Something just came to me tonight and I thought that I'd pass it along to the rest of you...

Some of you may remember Lar Gand, the guy who joined our Legion group on Infinity. He's really an enthusiastic Legion fan.

Tonight he asked for us to invite another player to the SG called Lady Quark. I went ahead and promoted him so he could do it as quite frankly I was in a mission at the time with Star. After he invited her, he asked about admitting someone called "Superlad" and I told him to be careful so as not to cause problems with the GMs. I guess the player he contacted wound up not wanting to join because he didn't want to cause any problems...

One of the reasons I stopped playing my Legion characters mostly was because of the concern that the GMS might look askance at our characters and cause us problems.

Has anyone here had a character genericed? A friend of mine let her young nephew play the game, and he made a Hulk-like character who wasn't renamed-- he was deleted entirely. Not only that, she said the GMs looked at the rest of her characters ...

Doc Nimbus
Legion of Virtue

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doc Nimbus   Email Doc Nimbus         Edit/Delete Post     
I haven't had any problems, but I got away from most of my Legion look alikes, except for Tinya on Infinity... and I changed her outfit enough as not to appear to be a carbon copy as she did look.

--------------------
"Your plan didn't work, now let's try it my way...brute force!"

From: Founder's Falls, Paragon City | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

So are we gonna do Legion night?
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi, guys. I just stumbled on here & was wondering how I could learn more. I've been a Legion Worlder for about 3 years (Legion fan for 30 years), but have only really been participating in the last few months. Been having fun and want more. [Wink]

Thank you,
KK

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Hi KK! City of Heroes (and City of Villains) is an online multiplayer roleplaying game based on the comic book genre. You need to buy the game and pay a monthly subscription fee in order to play. Once you sign up, you are able to create your own hereos and take them on missions. As you defeat villains and gain experience you can levels. With each level gain, you have the opportunity to improve your powers or learn new ones.

You can choose your origin type (magic, mutant, science based, technology based, or natural) as well as your archtype. For example you could choose to be a tanker (think Superman, Mon-el, Blok, Ultra Boy, etc), blaster (Lightning Lad, Polar Boy, Wildfire, Green Arrow, Black Canary) scrapper (Timber Wolf, Triplicate Girl, Robin) defender (healers, heroes with radiation powers that amplify the abilities of others, or kinetic powers etc.) or lastly Controllers (Mentalists like Saturn Girl, Gravity Control like Thom, earth control like Terra of the Titans, Storm controllers like Storm, and fire controllers. Each archtype has five or more primary sets from which you choose on and 5 secondary sets from which you chose one.

The primary and secondary sets have a group of powers in each that grow incresingly more powerful as you gain levels and each becomes avaialable at different levels. You can mix and match primary and secondary sets to create unique combinations.

You can then choose body types, height , weight, sex, facial characteristics, hair styles and colors, skin colors, etc as well as creating a costume. Then you are all set to go fight baddies in Paragon City, the City of Heroes!

It's a great game and fun to play with friends. You can create Super Groups (along the lines of the Legion, or JLA) and can form teams to do missions together.

Feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Just one warning,..early on Marvel Comics sued City of Heroes claiming copyright infringement. Since then, CoH has been very strict about enforcing copyright infringement complaints. If you create a huge, green skinned tanker named ItsDaHulk or anything vaguely similar, you are going to get in trouble. Similarly, you shouldn't create a hero names Kal or Souperman that looks enough like Superman to raise eyebrows.

--------------------

KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
Vee,
Cool, thanks! Looks like fun.

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Hi, KK! I hope you can join us.

So where is everybody else? I'm on Virtue at the moment.

--------------------
Geek Watch

Blue Battler
Honorary

I was waiting to see if anyone was going to be on and watching Who Wants To Be A Super Hero.

I'll be on afer it's done. [Big Grin]

Blue Battler
Honorary

Vee, Seymour, any chance that one of you could help me out tomorrow?

Nite got on a higher level mish tonight and I've got a bunch of sos i'm not going to be able to use for a couple of levels that I'd like to store on one of my other toons... need a go-between.

This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  108  109  110  111  112  113  114  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.