Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » So what are you EATING? (Page 11)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13   
Author Topic: So what are you EATING?
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I like sandwiches. Today: salami, pepperoni, provolone cheese, lettuce & mayo on a hard roll. Some days they're more creative/abstract, sometimes they're more plain. But they're never the same--I try not to eat the same thing for lunch twice in one month. Just to throw off the deli guy.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
I've become addicted to Starbuck's coffee cake. That's not a good thing. I was already feeling budget guilty for spending over two bucks for a cup of coffee each morning. Now I'm dropping over five bucks on my way to work each day. I need a raise.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I eat a lot of yogurt. I mean, A LOT of yogurt. And, not bothering to check if its bad for me or not, I really like Key Lime Pie and Lemon flavored yogurts.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Yogurt protects against urinary tract infections!

I had roast chicken, mashed potatoes, and Boston cream pie for dinner.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

hot dogs & corn on the cob. Very delicious.

But I really need to start eating right. I just don't want to when I'm stressed out over this wedding stuff.

Stu
Time Trapper

I've been trying to eat right also, but it's been hard.

I remember a while back, when you said you were eating only lean chicken breasts and spinach, or some similar diet that seemed really hardcore.

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanksgiving soup, tonight, a stew made from turkey, gravy, stuffing, potatoes and cranberries. Yum.

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
hot dogs & corn on the cob. Very delicious.

But I really need to start eating right. I just don't want to when I'm stressed out over this wedding stuff.

The secret to not stressing out over a wedding, which is basically a big commercialization of a decision that the parties involved have already made in their hearts, is to elope. Then, a year later, have a big 'wedding' on your first anniversary with cake and bridesmaids and all that stuff. Keeps the stress of planning some enormous party / event away from the actual happy day which should be, ideally, all about you and that special someone, and not about putting some caterer's kid through college.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
The secret to not stressing out over a wedding, which is basically a big commercialization of a decision that the parties involved have already made in their hearts, is to elope. Then, a year later, have a big 'wedding' on your first anniversary with cake and bridesmaids and all that stuff. Keeps the stress of planning some enormous party / event away from the actual happy day which should be, ideally, all about you and that special someone, and not about putting some caterer's kid through college.

Er...perhaps you should have shared this idea with the Cobester about a YEAR ago, Set? It's a little late, now! [Smile]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
Originally posted by Iron Rat:
I've been trying to eat right also, but it's been hard.

I remember a while back, when you said you were eating only lean chicken breasts and spinach, or some similar diet that seemed really hardcore.

I was really hard core in 2006 for about 8 months, and ended up losing close to 40 pounds. It was the best shape I'd been in since high school (my g/f even thought maybe I was losing too much weight). But the problem with eating like that is it basically sucks [Smile] . Also, I was doing it with my brother, who is in phenominal shape, and we lived together too, so we'd eat together everyday.

I started to put weight back on once I proposed, moved and 1,000 other excuses (some pretty good, some maybe not). Now I've kind of hit another point where I'm coming back down again slightly, but I've got a long way to go. I go to the gym 3 times a week, but I haven't eaten healthy in awhile. I'm hoping to get back to it.

One of the problems was that once I got skinny I thought it would be good to try and pack on muscle. And that worked for awhile, but eventually when I stopped going hardcore, the additional muscle mass turned out to be a burden. I won't make that mistake again.

Still, my weight has always gone up and down my whole life. I long for the days of high school and college when I was an athlete and in great shape. Still, I didn't have as much fun then as I do now [Big Grin]

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Also, now that I live with my g/f (soon to be wife), she basically eats whatever she wants and has been skinny her entire life. She's in good shape and only in recent years has started to work out.

All I care about is having a skinny face and flat stomach. I've always had big shoulders and arms. I don't even need to be chisselled, I just want to fill out a suit spectacularly [Big Grin]

Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
I've always had big shoulders and arms

Isn't that a sign of chronic masturbation? [Hmmm?] [tease]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I thought that was big forearms? Depends on how you do it I guess [Wink]

(Hm, a topic that does not mix well with eating)

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm...would it be me vs. Pov for title of "LW's Biggest Perv"? And, if so, who'd win? [LOL]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
Isn't that a sign of chronic masturbation? [Hmmm?] [tease]

quote:
I thought that was big forearms?

But Popeye...! [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]
Stu
Time Trapper

quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
Hmmm...would it be me vs. Pov for title of "LW's Biggest Perv"? And, if so, who'd win? [LOL]

Why, Perverty Lad, of course! [Razz]
  This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.