Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2 (Page 103)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  100  101  102  103  104  105  106  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
Vee,

I don't know how you had Mysa's heals
slotted, but I had six heals on Y's
aura and heal other. He lost about
35% of his healing power in the nerf.

Let me know how Mysa fared.

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
She wasn't six slotted with heals so it won't be as drastic a change. I added recharge reductions to all hear primaries and secondaries as well as end reductions, so she should be able to heal much more often. Be interesting to see how that trade off works out in the long run.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
I got by without recharges or hasten until
about level 35 on Y. Once I had hasten fully
slotted, he did pretty well in terms of
healing recharges. I had RA six slotted with
recharges too, so the recharge on it wasn't
too bad either.

I'm not sure what the long run will be now.
I think COV is going to be a lot more fun in
the near future.

Blue Battler
Honorary

Oh yeah. I picked up the COH
novel. I'm still too ticked off
at Statesman to read it now.

LyleLyle
hmmmm....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyleLyle   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Truthfully, a good part of my annoyance with "Enhancement Diversification" is that I'm just being willful. Before ED I liked trying out slotting aside from the ACC/5 DAM. I liked it, it was interesting and made me different from the other players. With ED, however, I'm not trying something new but following a path forced on by the devs. It makes following my own path much less fun because it's no longer my path.

Plus my END drain defender doesn't have a 6-slotted short circuit to look forward to, anymore. (From what I could read on the boards, you needed short circuit 6-slotted to get much fun out of slotting electical blast for end drain.) That really sucks.

I dunno, at the least there should have been some sort of reward/incentive for those of us already practicing Enhancement Diversity. Not the usual promised-reward-down-the-line (which usually changes from the time it's hinted at and when it actually happens, but an actual carrot for enhancement diversity. I mean, c'mon, give us enhancements to cover ALL the secondary effects.

--------------------
Lyle's part-time blogging

Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I solo'd Stratum quite a bit over the weekend and while it sucked not being able to one hit anything without build up or aim, it wasn't as bad as I thought.

He was always six slotted for damage (for the most part) but now it looks like I'm gonna have to start giving him one or two accuracy's.

Last night, I grouped with 3 other blasters, two tanks and a defender and we still dealt a ton of damage. The only reason anyone died was because our tanks and the defender mysteriously all dc'd at the same time. Once they came back we were fine, tho'.

Still not very happy about it though overall. I don't like designers that enforce a certain style of play. Reminds me too much of my Warhammer 40K days.

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doc Nimbus
Legion of Virtue

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doc Nimbus   Email Doc Nimbus         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, with the release of CoV nobody's posting here anymore! [Big Grin]

Is anyone still playing just regular CoH?

--------------------
"Your plan didn't work, now let's try it my way...brute force!"

From: Founder's Falls, Paragon City | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
I tried Shadow Lad a few nights ago to see how Enhancement Diversification affected him. It wasn't as bad as a lot of other people have seen, but it took noticeably longer to work my way through the mission I was doing, and then I was unable to complete it because without perma hasten, I couldn't keep up with the boss' damage to me and his own healing.

Playing CoV is fun because I'm not high enough level to really bother six-slotting anything, so it's like ED doesn't exist yet. [Smile] Plus, if I can't play Seymour Krelborn on stage, at least I can play him in the game.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

My highest COH character after Blue is a
dedicated empathy healer by the name of
Fascination Y. He's just a hair short of
43. I played him once or twice after ED,
but his healing is pathetic now I don't
have the heart. He just can't keep a team
alive the way he used to, and his attacks
were never all that strong BEFORE ED, and
it certainly hasn't helped them. My energy
blaster Blue Battlette could barely manage
to kill ONE white baddie in about 3 shots,
including snipe ...

All in all, I just don't see myself playing
much COH unless they do something to fix
ED.

Blue Battler
Honorary

Speaking of which, either I can't find it
or they have deleted the entire thread on
ED ... seeing as how it was well over 600
pages and there were very few positive
responses that's probably why.

LyleLyle
hmmmm....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyleLyle   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
I tried Shadow Lad a few nights ago to see how Enhancement Diversification affected him. It wasn't as bad as a lot of other people have seen, but it took noticeably longer to work my way through the mission I was doing, and then I was unable to complete it because without perma hasten, I couldn't keep up with the boss' damage to me and his own healing.

ED's kept me out of CoH, too. I'd probably be okay with my Kheldians, who I never got that high but I'm still annoyed with the whole deal.

quote:
Playing CoV is fun because I'm not high enough level to really bother six-slotting anything, so it's like ED doesn't exist yet. [Smile] Plus, if I can't play Seymour Krelborn on stage, at least I can play him in the game.

I think it helps that we don't have expectations to the powersets' abilities, even in copied-over powersets which are supposed to run differnlty in different ATs. In CoV ED is how things always were.

--------------------
Lyle's part-time blogging

Doc Nimbus
Legion of Virtue

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doc Nimbus   Email Doc Nimbus         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, maybe they'll get the ED sorted out by the time I restart my account. I hope!

--------------------
"Your plan didn't work, now let's try it my way...brute force!"

From: Founder's Falls, Paragon City | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Battler:
My highest COH character after Blue is a
dedicated empathy healer by the name of
Fascination Y. He's just a hair short of
43. I played him once or twice after ED,
but his healing is pathetic now I don't
have the heart. He just can't keep a team
alive the way he used to, and his attacks
were never all that strong BEFORE ED, and
it certainly hasn't helped them. My energy
blaster Blue Battlette could barely manage
to kill ONE white baddie in about 3 shots,
including snipe ...

All in all, I just don't see myself playing
much COH unless they do something to fix
ED.

I played Stratum quite a bit over the weekend (an eng/eng blaster like Blue) and the only time I really noticed a big difference was when I hunted on the streets. Missions were still easy to get through but I cannot one shot anything anymore without Build Up and Aim.

However, I spent about three hours in Bloody Bay yesterday and he flippin' ruled. I built an eight man team and we kept raiding the villains base. At one point we fought for about 35 minutes straight before the villains pushed us back. It was a ton of fun, a lot more than I expected it would be. What I can't get over is that I can one or two shot a player character but I cannot do so to a computer controlled minion.

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

ED has definitely had an impact and will take some getting use to but I think that smart use of the respec can fix things up on most chars.

Mon is a little weaker but his end usage is MUCH lower since I respced him and added an end reduction So in each power. I did away with Hasten completely on him since the only really long recharge power he has is Nova and I don't really need to use that all that often. So now instead of 4-5 damage/1 accuracy on each of his attacks and 4-5 damage resistances of defense buffs on each of his defenses he'll have 2-3 damage, 1 accuracy, 1 recharge and 1 end reduction on each of his attacks, and 3 damage resists or defense and 2-3 end reductions on each of his defenses. In place of Hasten I picked up Conserve Power for those rare times when his endurance starts to get low. He seems to be doing just fine this way though it does take a bit longer to take down minions, lieuts, and bosses in comparison to before.

I kept Hasten for Mysa (3 slotted with recharge reductions which means it's fully active for all but 30 secs of downtime) I took the 9 spare slots from Hasten, Health & Stamina (like Mon, Health & Stamina are down to 3 slots in each)and divided them up among her heals (1 more heal in each) and Recovery Aura, Regen Aura & Accelerate Metabolism, adding an extra recharge in each as well as either Health or Stamina. The extra recharge in each makes her heals reusable almost immediately (particularly while Hasten is running) and helps bring the down time on the others a bit shorter also. I also rearranged the slots on her attacks so each would have a recharge in it as well.

Condo I haven't respeced at all yet. So far he seems to be doing okay as is though I'm not done testing him yet.

All in all, I think ED is manageable with a little creativity in slotting.

Having said that, I hope this is the last time we have to rebuild our chars. I'm really sick and tired of doing this every time a new issue comes out. That's what has really bothered me about ED. It'snot the effect it has on my ability to play my chars it the simple fact that in order to do so I have to waste a great deal of time recontstructing them form the ground up. Stop it already!

--------------------

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

quote:
Originally posted by Doc Nimbus:
Well, maybe they'll get the ED sorted out by the time I restart my account. I hope!

Hey Doc, you know you get a free month if you add CoV right? And the cost for the subscription doesn't change if you add CoV either! [Big Grin]

--------------------

This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  100  101  102  103  104  105  106  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.