Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2 (Page 102)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  99  100  101  102  103  104  105  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
I didn't stay much longer than you did, Scott.
The Villains did manage to win a battle or two,
but it seems like the heroes had a lot more holds
than we did, and that made the difference since
I didn't have any breakfrees...

The lag made it all but impossible to do anything
useful either.

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
You know, all inspirations were available at the stores but I didn't once think to get any. Hell, it was hard enough getting back 'in' after buy 10 enhancements at a time. Bet the smarter villains filled up their inspirations slots with breakfrees.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
I didn't think of it either until it was
too late...

Blue Battler
Honorary

They're doing another event tonight.

6-10 central.

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Not sure Ir eally care about any other PvP event other than tomorrow night for Statesman's invasion of the Rogue Isles.

I just want the chance to beat the crap out of him...over and over...and over...and over again. [Big Grin]

I would die a happy camper if I could just do that [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
That would certainly add more fun to the game, and you know he's all about making the game more fun.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Lol.

I have a Brute with stone/stone powers, and
the heavey mallet attack would be a perfect
attack against lil' states ifyou know what i
mean.. think golf club swing. [Big Grin]

Blue Battler
Honorary

Damnnnnn....

I logged on as Fascination Y, my
formerly uber healer.

His healing aura went from 414 to 270.

His heal other went from 815 to 515.

he's almost level 43.

I don't even want to know what kind of
healing power a lower level healer is
going to have...

This sucks big time.

Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I just read up on that whole 'diversification' thing and it's the first change that I have a real problem with.

Strat's a damage dealer, that's what he's there for...

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, after something like 700+ times trying to connect I finally got in and played Gung for a bit. He got a mission in Founders to hunt 35 Crey. The only Crey he could find were all conning purple (Gung is 33). So I decided to try it out and unbelievably he was able to take out 10, including 1 lt and 1 boss, before I got too tired to care and logged out. His build still seems to be holding up but I notice a lot more END usage.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I got stuck with the update last night on one of my machines and didn't get the chance to try it out, LL.

I'm sure the devs had their reasons but if they don't explain them well enough, it just looks as if they want to enforce a style of play that many people don't want.

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Dang, Scott. I don't know how you were
able to run Gung so well last night.

I took Bluette into Crey's Folly just
now. The first time in, I found some
Crey that were green to me, and sniped
one. Unfortunately, right then I got
attacked by some DE swarm and was
killed by BLUE Bees! So I got back,
kill the DE, and turn my attention
back to the Crey. This time they're
white.

I pop two of the smaller damages and
hit a white level minion with snipe...
and he still has a thread of health
left! I kill him, but then the rest
of them are on me, and I have to run
because I just can't do enough damage
to them to survive and I don't have any
greens.

Bluette doesn't have the option for
buildup because she's got devices
secondary. I could take aim but I
don't know if that's going to do
enough good to bother with.

There's a lot of anger still going
on, and I'm hoping that if there's
not a rollback of ED-- not likely
given the track record of the Devs--
then maybe there will be a tweaking
that will make my higher level toons
fun again.

(As an aside, I've been reading the
ED thread today. Someone there said
that when he went to cancel his
account, the web page for doing so
was temporarily down. It's back up
now as I checked, but I do wonder
if there's going to be a hemoraging
of cancelled subscribers.)

I think that one of the problems
the Devs have now is that people
are dealing with nerf fatique. So
many people are sick of respeccing
their toons to be able to make
them playable again.

Lightning Lad
Founder

Well it wasn't as easy as it has been in the past to solo Gung and I would rather have test him against Crey of his level instead of 4 to 5 levels higher. But he did manage to not die (although he ran away more times than I could count).

EAP on the other hand appears to be gone. But he may have been with I5 since I haven't really played him. He is nowhere near as powerful as he once was. And remember he gained levels quicker than even Gung did but on his own. Maybe I'll recreate him as a Mastermind.

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
I did respec Mysa, Mon and Marvel Kid. Mon defintely does less damage, but his endurance is much better so he can last lots longer.

It was sad to see him struggling with a group of 6 even con CoTs (1 guide, 1 behemoth overlord, 2 earth thorns, and 2 of the new nerva spectral "somethings") but he did manage to put them all away without dying and still had a full endurance bar when it was over, even though he had both invince and unyielding running. Of course his health bar got into very dangerous territory a few times so it was close.

Marvel Kid is the same build but a lvl 26 instead of 36 so i expect that he will have the same issues. Haven't had Mysa out yet to test things out like her heals so I'm not sure how that's been affected. Didn't repec Condo yet, so I lost that free one but he had 3 total so i still may use one after I check him out.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

I could still respec Edgar but I don't know that it would be worth it. I guess Dark Melee/Dark Armor is not like it once was. There hasn't even been a build guide for once since I3.
  This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  99  100  101  102  103  104  105  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.