Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2 (Page 100)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  97  98  99  100  101  102  103  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Your villain was mad at you for not playing him, so he got back at you, Vee. He's a villain, so it really doesn't matter that it wasn't your fault. [Smile]

I hopped on to CoV after CoH went down, but I was rubberbanding so badly, I gave up.

And, Director Lad, that's great news (that you'll be on, not that it's taking a day to download CoV). Happy birthday!

Edit: Woo hoo! 100th page!

[ October 18, 2005, 04:22 AM: Message edited by: Suddenly Seymour ]

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I decided to stop the d/l last night once the CoH servers came back up. I started it again this morning just before work. I won't be home til 8:30 tonight, so we'll see if that's enough time.
From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler Blue Battler has just turned 51
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Actually I think it is a ruse to make us all play the CoV beta during testing hours. Except they took away access to Training Room 1 where I was having fun playing Bub (a no-prize to anyone who know's where I got that name), my zombie mastermind.

Oh I saw that movie this weekend...

Day of the Dead...

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
That's the one Blue. I love Romero's original movies, my favorite horror movies of all time. Bub's first zombie is called Romero.

Did anyone else get the issue 6 download tonight? I hung around to respec Garth and when I logged out the "Along Came A Spider" expansion started downloading. Is this the one that'll bring the ED in?

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyleLyle
hmmmm....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LyleLyle   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I fell out of the game for a little while after the "Enhancement Diversity" announcement (side snipe -- where's the diversity, I still can't enhance my sonic blaster for better Damage Resistance Debuffs) but I'm starting to feel the pull back.

It looks like I've given in and started playing my mastermind, Dr. Oda most... tho I did enjoy playing with my new Ice/Ice dominator too.

So what's everyone favorite CoV class. Masterminds still sound the coolest, but I'm feeling the most drawn to Dominators.

--------------------
Lyle's part-time blogging

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
We were just mentioning last night how we haven't seen you in a while, Crocolyle.

My main toon is Flora Fiend, a plant/plant corruptor. He started the Friends of Evil SG. He was the only one high enough to benefit from the level bump and is now 23. Not high enough for his Audrey II, though.

And it seems they've listened to their female/gay male fan base and have added options for male sexiness/near nudity to match the women. No kilts yet, but those zombie shorts are barely there, and if you're using the athletic build, you can't even tell the leg's supposed to be emaciated. I've got a sonic/rad corruptor named Loudspeaker wearing just those. [Wink]

[ October 19, 2005, 04:41 AM: Message edited by: Suddenly Seymour ]

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler Blue Battler has just turned 51
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
I think that I6 is the one that will bring
in Enhancement Destruction. From the title,
I think it's going to make COH compatible
with COV when it's released...

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi Lyle. We've missed you!

With Condo & Lyle at 50 and Grev at 46 and climbing we could do some major PLing for Tas, Garth, Doc and others.

Re CoV: On the main Training Room, so far I have a lvl 6ish Stalker (Nemesystem, my Nemesis homage); a lvl 7 or 8 ish Zombie Mastermind w/ dark powers, Lord Mordreu who has two zombies now (Pathos & Abyssmal); and I also have Sarya of Venegar (Dominator) and Garridian (Brute) that haven't made it out of Breakout yet. I also made Kid Chlorophyll (Plant Control/Thorns Dominator) who will turn good as soon as I can figure out how to do that & Kingmaker, a mercenary Mastermind with Poison secondary on Training Room 1 over the weekend because it was playing MUCH smoother for me with no LC issues. Of course, that room hasen't been available since then [Frown]

Masterminds are neat to play and I particularly enjoy Kingmaker (though I really wish you could customize your pets some ~ at least colors. After all every Supervillain with underling has a motiff they all follow [Big Grin] ). I think I will enjoy Stalkers and Dominators as well. Haven't played Garridian (my brute) yet but I hear everyone raving about the AT, and I don't have a Corruptor figured out yet.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Did Garth & Tas both level last night, Scott? Hope so, you were both so veeeeery close when I had to log for the night.

--------------------

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Sure did Vee. Doc hung around for a mish he had in Perez and XS Ive joined us. Everyone died at least once but I think for the most part we cleared out the debt and both Tas and Garth leveled. I also took the time and did Garth's respec so he's a bit more like Gung now except I kept the flight whereas Gung is all superspeed. I think he'll play pretty good, better than he has.

As for CoV my favorite there now is Gungnir (hmm, sounds familiar [Smile] ). He's an ice/ice Dominator (I think Dominator, haven't learned the new 'disciplines' yet). I've managed to get him up to a 13 so far. Blue was right when he said ice/ice can kick nass. He's already gotten his HQ set up but I still can't figure out what to do with all the salvage he's gotten. And I haven't decided if he's Gung's twin turned evil because of his accident or if he's an alternate universe version.

I do have a couple of other characters (a plant girl named Bell A. Donna which some of you have met) and an evil Thom, but he's on Caroline's account. I really wish they'd open up TR1 again so I could play Bub. I got him to 6 already and am anxious to figure out how to get more than 1 zombie at a time and learn the macros to change what he says.

[ October 19, 2005, 08:17 AM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

quote:
Sure did Vee. Doc hung around for a mish he had in Perez and XS Ive joined us. Everyone died at least once but I think for the most part we cleared out the debt and both Tas and Garth leveled. I also took the time and did Garth's respec so he's a bit more like Gung now except I kept the flight whereas Gung is all superspeed. I think he'll play pretty good, better than he has.

Well congrats to both! Looking forward to teaming with the rebooted Garth (would that mean he's Proty or Jarth? [Big Grin]

quote:
I really wish they'd open up TR1 again so I could play Bub. I got him to 6 already and am anxious to figure out how to get more than 1 zombie at a time and learn the macros to change what he says.

Having more than one is very cool. You relaly need to watch them though, they can get pretty frisky. Thank god for the "Heel" button [Big Grin]

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
quote:

Well congrats to both! Looking forward to teaming with the rebooted Garth (would that mean he's Proty or Jarth? [Big Grin]
Call him either and he'll kick your butt. [Wink]

quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
quote:
I really wish they'd open up TR1 again so I could play Bub. I got him to 6 already and am anxious to figure out how to get more than 1 zombie at a time and learn the macros to change what he says.

Having more than one is very cool. You relaly need to watch them though, they can get pretty frisky. Thank god for the "Heel" button [Big Grin]
So do you get the extra 'pets' with levels or is there a trick to it? I have either 2 or 3 slotted now but he can only call one at a time. And the Heel is why I want to learn the keybinds that some people have come up with. I've already given them one of my slots for attacking but as I get higher I'd rather not sacrifice my power slots to their commands if there is a better way.
Vee
Still smoooooth!

You seem to get the second one around level 7. I leveled during the mission and the next time I called Pathos to life he brought his buddy Abyssmal with him without any warning. I assume the same will happen for the third one, which I guess will arrive around lvl 12-15 but I don't know which level for sure.

I believe I play differently than you. Whereas I think you use the number keys for you attacks, I use the powertray and mouse. I just opened up a second tray for their buttons in order to keep them straight and have all three buttons ("Attack", "Heel" and "Follow") on the tray so I can click whatever I need. I've never been able to figure out keybinds (never really TRIED to figure out keybinds is more accurate) so I'm not sure how you do that.

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

I find the keyboard much easier to use, especially from a laptop. But then I'm an avid keyboarder for all things and use the mouse as little as possible. With the trouble I seem to have with inspirations not firing off no matter how many times I click on them I trust the keyboard a lot more.
Vee
Still smoooooth!

You do know that you can rename your zombies, right? So that their name appears above them.

--------------------

This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  97  98  99  100  101  102  103  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.