Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » "Smexy" '60s/'70s music videos (Page 10)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: "Smexy" '60s/'70s music videos
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
Never mind the Velvet Underground, here are The Monks

and again

Dig those funky '60s haircuts! [Wink]

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
[TimeTrapper]

"Good times never felt so good..."

Man, I haven't heard this song in 30 years. It makes me want to go sailin'.

--------------------

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

quote:
Stevie Wonder - rockin' out for the kids.

With bonus interview footage

What? No Muppets join in? Where's Dr. Teeth and Animal?

Seriously, Stevie's a reminder of why '70s music was sooooo good.

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

I don't know if Brenton Woods qualifies as soul or pop, or both, but once you get this song in your head, you'll never get it out (and that's a good thing).

--------------------

cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by He Who Wanders:
quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
[TimeTrapper]

"Good times never felt so good..."

Man, I haven't heard this song in 30 years. It makes me want to go sailin'.
On a Sunday morning? [Wink]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Anytime! [Yes]

--------------------

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by He Who Wanders:
quote:
Never mind the Velvet Underground, here are The Monks

and again

Dig those funky '60s haircuts! [Wink]
According to legend, for most of their career they got it cut that way every week and never went out in public without the robes.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Even as a child, this 1975 tune by Roxy Music made me feel tingly "down there".
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

quote:
Originally posted by lil'rhino:
Even as a child, this 1975 tune by Roxy Music made me feel tingly "down there".

What is it with rock stars and eye patches (see the first video in this thread)?

"Love Is a Drug" is a good song, but I never heard it until years later. My first exposure to Roxy Music was this tune from 1979.

--------------------

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

I actually got into Roxy with the American version of their first album, which added this 1972 single.

Look for Brian Eno on synths and tapes.

--------------------

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
I actually got into Roxy with the American version of their first album, which added this 1972 single.

Look for Brian Eno on synths and tapes.

So ahead of their time!!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
The "Sweet Soul Queen of New Orleans," Irma Thomas (b. 1941), with some "Mod" footage of a 1960s model:

"Don't Look Down."

And totally rocking "Please Send Me Someone To Love"-- yet another Percy Mayfield classic. (I love the album graphics, too!)

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Not as smexy as the Roxy boys, but every bit as innovative.

Can

--------------------

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

The original lineup of XTC dismantle a Bob Dylan song.

The singer, btw, is barking mad on prescription drugs.

From 1978

--------------------

cleome46

I'm pretty sure that they're still mad, drugs or no, but I'd still totally buy them a round if I could.*

I had that weird version of the Black Sea LP with the shiny black plastic bag exterior, and one of my dopey siblings threw the bag away! Grrr...

[Mad]

*Because I wouldn't even have made it out of the Eighties alive without this.

[ June 28, 2010, 08:53 PM: Message edited by: cleome ]

--------------------

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.