Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » COUGAR TOWN: very SCRUBSy (Page 10)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: COUGAR TOWN: very SCRUBSy
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, crap. Its over.

Nice wrapup for the series, it had a little bit of everything from the long series in it, humor, slapstick, pathos, trickery, the truth at long last about pocket change...

I'll miss the show. there aren't a lot of shows out there that blend everything so well, comedy with a heart, and some outrageous plays against stereotype.

Good bye, Scrubs.

Now, someone...make with the funny.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
BestBuy-dot-com has the release date for the Season 8 DVD set as August frikkin' 25. [sigh]

I hope ABC is good about rerunning the show until then... [Yes]

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Try TVShack or Surf the Channell. Just have your popup blocker on. Thats what I use until I get the money to buy the series that I want.

--------------------

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Well, I dunno how this is gonna go. I saw tonight's ep (first I've seen at the new home on ABC) and the absence of JD, Carla, Dr. Cox, even Janitor totally hurt the episode for me. Where WAS everyone??!!?? At least Todd put in an appearance, but NONE of the other 2nd/3rd tier folks were around... Doug, Lonnie, Keith, Dr. Beardface, Col. Doctor, Gloria... I mean, WTF? This was a huge cast that I felt like it was gutted and poor Elliott and Turk were struggling to carry the episode alone.

The new guys were okay, I kinda liked the nerdy glasses intern and the chick intern trying to get the patient to fart-- I think she is my favorite.

I'll stay cautiously optimistic and definitely get this on DVD but I was somewhat disappointed. [Frown]

I did finally get Season 8 and watched it all weekend. My earlier review of the above episode was hasty, I enjoyed it on second watch and enjoyed the entire season overall.

And that final episode... I very nearly choked up.

I've watched a couple episodes of the 9th season on Hulu and thought they were okay.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

I've only seen one real good comedy to take the place of Scrubs, because I'm not seeing any great ones right now. Cougar Town is funny as hell.

I like Rules of Engagement and Big Bang, but they aren't quite as funny. Two and a half men...not so much anymore. How I met your mom.... lost it a whiel back for me.

What I would like to see is a great comedy with NO FREAKIN LIFE LESSONS, just be funny. A great slapstick even.

Maybe the should make Friday into a tv cable show. No effin life lessons, just funny $#!+ !

--------------------

Something pithy!

rickshaw1
Leader

gah. can't type today. My wife had a bug last night and I think I've got it. Bleeg.

--------------------

Something pithy!

jab
meow

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jab   Author's Homepage   Email jab         Edit/Delete Post     
i think cougar town is by the same guy that created scrubs
From: mini mall island | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

While watching Season 9 eps on HULU, I have discovered that Turk, JD, Elliot, Dr. Cox, the Todd, Jordan *AND* Dr. Kelso all appear. Ummm, AWESOME.

Also I have discovered PARKS and RECREATION. Lotsa fun!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

'kay, Hulu has the last 5 episodes of COUGAR TOWN Season 1 available now (episodes 19-23).

I watched ep. 19 and liked it a LOT! very SCRUBS. Having 'Jordan' there def. helped it feel SCRUBSy. I hear the Dr. Cox actor is joining the cast for Season 2!

Therefore, this thread is now dedicated to COUGAR TOWN, heir-apparent to SCRUBS.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

quote:
Originally posted by jab:
i think cougar town is by the same guy that created scrubs

jab this is true... your post inspired me to check into it. thanks! [Smile]

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I watched all 5 episodes on Hulu and enjoyed them. SCRUBS fans will be into this!!

Check 'em out for free-sies!!

--------------------

rickshaw1
Leader

Already have. Love the show. Jordan is still smokin.

--------------------

Something pithy!

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

The premiere guest-starring Jennifer Aniston was cute!

I thought the 'movie-mashup' game was fun!

--------------------

ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
I've tried watching this show a few times but I didn't find it that engaging. CougarTown that is, not Scrubs.

[ September 25, 2010, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: ActorLad ]

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

"I ate dead baby lasagna??" [LOL]

Cougar Town is fun [Smile]

--------------------

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.