Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2 (Page 10)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2
Brainy Ack 5
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brainy Ack 5   Email Brainy Ack 5         Edit/Delete Post     
but maybe earlier looks like I can get out at 5:30 so prolly be online at like 6 pacific
Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Cool! BTW, Scarlet Wanda is ready to go for the Avengers team. She's an empathy/energy defender just like Mysa.

The mask drove me bonkers until I came across cat ears. [Big Grin] Those along with a partial face mask comes close to Wanda's real look. Let me know what you think when you meet her.

I do wish they had longer skirts though! [Frown]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brainy Ack 5
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brainy Ack 5   Email Brainy Ack 5         Edit/Delete Post     
virtue right... maybe after legion night we can hop on virtue and get everyone signed up
Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
We're on Infinity now if anyone has been waiting
to find that out. 8-)

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I have The Inhuman Vision on Virtue for my Avengers character. He is an Illusion Control/Kinetics Controller. Never tried that combo before but it seemed to fit the Viz.

I'm not sure that we are going to make it to Infinity tonight. Parental issues again.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry guys. Got in with a 44th lvl character who just wanted people to bulk up his team so he has more baddies to kill. He's giving a 5k signing bonus and 10k for each bubble he gets. If you have a low lvl character on Virtue he said I could recruit some more team members. He needs another 3.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Oh, I'm still Inhuman Vision if you want to come on over.
Vee
Still smoooooth!

on our way LL

--------------------

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Cool, still room for 3 more.
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
Whoa ...

I'm probably going to be wasted tomorrow,
but right now I don't care.

Got Blue to 30 tonight with Grem's help.
(Man I so want a Phantasm for my illusion
guy now!) We did aura mish and I picked up
flamethrower for a new attack power.

[ November 11, 2004, 11:31 PM: Message edited by: Blue Battler ]

Lightning Lad
Founder

In case you guys miss the article that Reboot pointed to in another thread:

http://newsarama.com/forums/printthread.php?s=&threadid=21377

Blue Battler
Honorary

Interesting thread. Honestly, I think that
COH probably screwed themselves over based
on one point: the claws power set.

There have always been big super strong guys
in comics. Solomon Grundy preceded the Hulk
by decades, and both he and the Hulk owe a
large debt to the Frankenstein Monster. There
have also been green characters. Marvel did
nothing original in terms of the origins of
their characters either.

But the claws scrapper set in COH is nothing
but an opportunity to create a Wolverine
clone. I know that i've seen claws used in
ninja movies, but just the way they "snikt"
out in COH is a sure sign that Cryptic was
going after the Wolverine crowd.

As to what that means to us, I expect that
Cryptic is probably going to be taking a
much closer look at the heroes in the game
to avoid such problems in the future.

I hope that most of our characters are able
to fly under the radar, but I wouldn't be
surprised if we wound up having to rename
our SGs at some point...

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Marvel chars are probably the biggest targets. DC doesn't seem to be as aggressive about it. Perhaps, unlike Marvel, they are intelligent enough to recognize that these are FANS of their chars that will likely get PO'ed if they have to delete them.

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

I'm wondering if Marvel has finally decided that their endeavor will go nowhere and want NCSoft to pay for Marvel's investment with the other company. We all know that CoH isn't just something that came out of nowhere. They've been working on this game for at least five years, if not longer.

Marvel just cannot let anything slip past them that may mean more money to them. I'd rather see some sort of arrangement where they release game additions that can be purchased to allow you to play Marvel or DC characters. That way the comic companies get a piece of the action without the hassle of development.

They could even do special story arcs that recreate famous comic story lines, like Great Darkness or Days of Future Past, where you have to have purchased an add-on in order to participate.

Blue Battler
Honorary

quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
Marvel chars are probably the biggest targets. DC doesn't seem to be as aggressive about it. Perhaps, unlike Marvel, they are intelligent enough to recognize that these are FANS of their chars that will likely get PO'ed if they have to delete them.

I wish that were true, Vee, but I'm guessing
that DC is simply waiting to see how Marvel's
suit turns out. If Marvel wins or gets a large
settlement, expect DC to follow suit ... no
pun intended. DC might even join forces with
Marvel in the lawsuit so they don't have to do
it twice.

To be fair, I can see why Marvel would do this.
Copyright and trademark are tricky beasts, and
if you don't adequately protect them you can
lose them. It's happened in the past.

This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.