Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Merging Musical Acts

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Merging Musical Acts
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Inspired by an exchange on the inane questions thread . . .

Since Mary Travers has passed away, Peter Yarrow and Paul Stookey may be looking for a new female voice. How about Carly Simon? They'd be Peter, Paul, and Carly, and their hits could be "You're So Vain (Even If You are a Magic Dragon)" and "Anticipating Leaving On a Jet Plane."

For years, I've thought that the surviving Beatles (Paul, bass, and Ringo, drums) should merge with the surviving members of the Who (Roger Daltrey, lead vocals, and Pete Townshend, guitar) and--assuming their egos didn't destroy the universe--become the WhoBeats or the Whotles! Their hits could include "Baby, You Can Drive My Generation's Car" and "Paperback Wizard".

What other musical acts should merge? (Group members don't necessarily have to be deceased.)

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[LOL]

Shamelessly recycling an old joke here, but Eddie Money should tour with the members of the late Johnny Paycheck's band. The playlist sort of writes itself in this case, doesn't it?

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Wonderful idea for a topic, but I'm coming up blank right now.

Of course, the history of Yes actually includes several examples of this sort of thing, such as XYZ (featuring Squire and White of Yes with Page and Plant of Zepellin) and, currently, Yoso (featuring ex-members of Yes with Bobby Kimball of Toto).

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
The Moody Blues haven't had an official flautist since Ray Thomas retired, so they should merge with Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull. The new group with be Jethro Blues and become famous for such hits as "I'm Just a Singer (In an Aqualung)" and "Bungle In the Jungle (On a Tuesday Afternoon)."

--------------------

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

As for Yes, the current group features only Squire, White, and Howe of the classic lineup. They need star power on keyboards and vocals. Fortunately, ex-Styx member Dennis DeYoung is available for both positions. The new group would be Yestyx and record such memorable masterpieces as "Renegade Roundabout" and "Starship Lady Troopers."

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

Hmm... alternatively, SWH could hook up with Emerson and Lake (who have been touring together, sans Palmer), and they could perform such hits as "Owner of a Karn Evil Heart 9, 1st Impression Part II", and "Still You Turn Me On to the Heart of the Sunrise".

Or, I suppose they could hire the Buggles... [Wink]

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

White Emerson Lake Squire & Howe = WELSH!

(Of course, Greg and Chris might fight over who plays bass. [Roll Eyes] )

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

A bizarre current merger:

Megadeth Guitarist Glen Drover teams with members of the art rock group Saga to create an album which purports to be jazz-rock fusion, including two Frank Zappa covers! [Eek!]

Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Pink could replace Roger Waters for a Pink Pink Floyd with the high octane hit "Get This Party Started on the Dark of the Moon".

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

^^Finally answering the old question "Which one's Pink?"!!!
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

quote:
Originally posted by Jerry:
Pink could replace Roger Waters for a Pink Pink Floyd with the high octane hit "Get This Party Started on the Dark of the Moon".

[LOL]

Good one, Jerry!

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.