Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Who Do You Prefer to Play Superman? (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Who Do You Prefer to Play Superman?
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
This from Comics2Film:

'Superman' casting - the new wave of rumors begins - "Third Watch" man Eddie Cibrian, "Passions" actor Christopher Douglas and "Gilmore Girls" lead Lauren Graham are rumoured to be in talks with Bryan Singer for roles in 'Superman' - Fan Feed - 08.03.04

Who do you prefer?

Eddie Cibrian

-

or Christopher Douglas

-

[ August 03, 2004, 06:20 PM: Message edited by: Semi Transparent Fellow ]

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Of the two? Cibrian. Caroline used to watch Passions and I really don't like Douglas. Don't think he can act his way out of a Soap.

BTW, here's a pic of Cibrian that should work.

-

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
I prefer Lauren Graham. She can butch it up with the best of 'em.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snowsparkle
glacial

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snowsparkle   Email snowsparkle         Edit/Delete Post     
Dean Cain.

--------------------
Action Transvestite! Running, jumping, climbing trees... and putting on make-up while you're up there!
-Eddie Izzard

From: the incandescent world of ice | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flannel Lass
soft, warm, fluffy!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flannel Lass   Email Flannel Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
Seriously, neither of them look a thing like Superman. They are too little. Their faces are too soft, their chins too pointed.

--------------------
"You and I long to live
Like whales in bottled water..."

From: the palace garden of the Lord of the Red Lands. | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by STU:
I prefer Lauren Graham. She can butch it up with the best of 'em.

Lauren is a hottie as anyone who saw Bad Santa can attest to. But I don't buy her as anyone in the Superman mythos, especially Lois. I wonder who she is testing for.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't think they'll find anybody who looks perfect for the role of Supes. Too iconic a character. They'll be better served by finding the best actor who is close enough.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
That Cibrian guy seems awfully squinty for someone with x-ray vision.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I agree with Miner. No one is going to look just like him IMO (Christopher Reeves doing so was nothing short of astonishing), so I'd hire the best actor possible to pull it off.

[ August 04, 2004, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
This from todays Comics2Film-

4th August 2004 - Singer offers Welling Superman - but will he accept?!?

With the search for Superman stepping up S-V have heard that Bryan Singer has offered the role of Superman to Tom Welling! This will please many fans as he is BY FAR the most requested for the role (I have the emails to prove it!) and whether you like it or not he is the fan-favourite for the role and the subject of endless debates in Superforums all over the net.

Before you start getting too excited (or angry) bear in mind that Welling has shown a reluctancy towards playing SuperMAN and from what we hear from our source that is still the case and it is unlikely that he will accept. With Singer and the Donners on board and rumours of Christopher Reeve being involved Welling MIGHT change his mind but we haven't heard anything to indicate that is the case.

The offer is on the table and we believe it is a two picture deal. With Singer wanting to get his Superman soon he wants an answer within the next 2 - 3 weeks. Singer has already had meetings with other actors to discuss the role with Eddie Cibrian (Third Watch) and Christopher Douglas (Passions) being mentioned but has only offered the role to Welling.

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I choose this guy:
 -

[ August 06, 2004, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: DrakeB3003 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Semi Transparent Fellow:
This from todays Comics2Film-

4th August 2004 - Singer offers Welling Superman - but will he accept?!?

With the search for Superman stepping up S-V have heard that Bryan Singer has offered the role of Superman to Tom Welling! This will please many fans as he is BY FAR the most requested for the role (I have the emails to prove it!) and whether you like it or not he is the fan-favourite for the role and the subject of endless debates in Superforums all over the net.

Before you start getting too excited (or angry) bear in mind that Welling has shown a reluctancy towards playing SuperMAN and from what we hear from our source that is still the case and it is unlikely that he will accept. With Singer and the Donners on board and rumours of Christopher Reeve being involved Welling MIGHT change his mind but we haven't heard anything to indicate that is the case.

The offer is on the table and we believe it is a two picture deal. With Singer wanting to get his Superman soon he wants an answer within the next 2 - 3 weeks. Singer has already had meetings with other actors to discuss the role with Eddie Cibrian (Third Watch) and Christopher Douglas (Passions) being mentioned but has only offered the role to Welling.

Wow. Does this mean Michael Rosenbaum will play Lex?

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm glad they've offered Welling the role, even though I've never really seen an episode of Smallville, just because I know so many people have been clamoring for that to happen.

As long as SOMEONE is happy, I always say. It would probably help if that someone was the majority, though. [Smile]

Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
I choose this guy:
 -

Who is that, Drake? Looks familiar...
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
STU - it's a still from the "Grayson" fan-film trailer. See this thread for more info:
Nightwing raped: Flannel Lass contemplating murder

[ August 06, 2004, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: DrakeB3003 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.