Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Mice Templar (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Mice Templar
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Click for fullsize image

quote:
MICE TEMPLAR #1
story BRYAN J.L. GLASS & MICHAEL AVON OEMING
art & cover MICHAEL AVON OEMING

56 PAGES
FC
SEPTEMBER 5
$3.99

For the young mouse Karic, the Mice Templar are merely an exciting legend. They were real, though, and a vicious civil war left them scattered and all mouse culture in the grip of brutal rat masters. When Karic’s family is enslaved, he realizes their only hope of freedom lies in his paws…if he can only find the courage and strength to become one of the legendary Templar himself.

Geez, what's up with medieval mouse comics??? [LOL]
I'll probably check this out, though it doesn't look as nice as Mouse Guard.
At least this will fit in a normal comic box... [LOL]

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Can the medieval mouse cartoon or DVD be far behind?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
They've already made a cartoon from the "Redwall" books.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Newsarama has the first sixteen pages and an interview with Glass & Oeming. Looks sweet! I just preordered #1 last night. [Cool]

Here's pages 2&3:

-

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
BUMP! It's due next month.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

quote:

SEPTEMBER 5

[Yes] [Wink]
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
The ads all say this Sept 5, but CBR and Newsaram have it listed this week. So keep your eyes out mice-fans
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Yeah, I saw that. This and MG: Winter 1152 will be in my next DCBS shipment! [Cool] [Bouncing Boy]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

Pov

And further verification from Newsarama.

I think it's great, especially in this day and age of titles shipping weeks, even months late, that we get one shipping even a week early. [Cool]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

I got it, read it, liked it. The art was bit confusing in a couple of spots, and keeping track of each mouse was tough. But they were all new characters to me. This is an ambitiuos story, complex and rather dark in tone. At least this first issue is.

Issue 2 is due in November, and I'm going to pick it up.

Pov

I liked it as well-- along with alot of other people, it seems:

CBR: MICE TEMPLAR #1 Sold Out, Second Printing on Its Way

Click for fullsize image

I love that MT is so complex, and very different in tone from Mouse Guard.

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
I picked this up based on comments made by you guys and must say was pleasantly surprised. Although a bit dark for my taste in comics, I thoroughly enjoyed it and will be looking forward to the next issue.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Mice fans unite! We'll overrun those zombie vermin...

(We should turn this into one of those Facebook things.)

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Holy Crap on a stick!

I picked this up randomly at the CBR, because it looked so cool and Lady Cobalt was with me and I keep trying to get her to try comics. Just read it last night.

Wh-wh-wha-what? This was awesome! Great, great, great first issue. The characters are great, the backstory is rich, the entire mood, pacing and feel is just spot-on. I love mice/spider/rats/etc. bit, and I really love the idea of kights, ancient history, and 'magical' themes. I'm in for the long haul.

This gets my highest reccomendation. Probably the best thing I've read from Image in years. Hell, probably one of the most surprsingly awesome new reads I've read since Fables.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Rampaging rodents with rapiers? Rut-roh, Raggy! [LOL]

Seriously, didn't I tell you, Cobie? LOVE this book. [Smile]

And which did you end up with, first or second printing?

Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.