Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Comics Gone Ape! The Missing Link to Primates in Comics

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Comics Gone Ape! The Missing Link to Primates in Comics
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I think that TwoMorrows is releasing this specifically for MEL. But it sounds fun, even if they probably don't mention Koko (which could be a good thing).

COMICS GONE APE! THE MISSING LINK TO PRIMATES IN COMICS

By various.

They may be only one notch below humans on the evolutionary ladder, but gorillas and monkeys have for decades climbed to the top of the comic-book world as heroes and villains, monsters and masterminds, and soldiers and sidekicks. Comics Gone Ape! is the missing link to primates in comics, spotlighting a barrel of simian superstars like Beppo, BrainiApe, the Gibbon, Gleek, Gorilla Man, Grease Monkey, King Kong, Konga, Mojo Jojo, Sky Ape, and Titano. Comics Gone Ape! is loaded with rare and classic artwork, chest-thumping cover galleries, and 11 exclusive interviews with apes artists and writers including Arthur Adams, Frank Cho, Carmine Infantino, Joe Kubert, Tony Millionaire, Doug Moench and Bob Oksner. With its all-new Avengers-as-gorillas cover by Arthur Adams, you won't be able to keep your filthy paws off this book! Edited by Back Issue magazine's Michael Eury.

128 pages, $16.95, in stores on April 18.

Click for fullsize image

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
It's.....it's a dream come true.

Ok, maybe not, but I'm still getting this.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
[Public Announce System On]

MEL! Come quick! Look here!

[Public Announce System Off]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RED-001
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED-001   Email RED-001         Edit/Delete Post     
Are the majority of the ape stories from DC or did Marvel have it's share of simian characters?
Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
They had a few, but not as many, I think.

Gorilla Man and Red Ghost's apes are the only ones that come to mind right now.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thinbalion
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thinbalion   Email thinbalion         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm... this looks like a ton of fun... I'm gonna have to keep an eye out for this gem.

--------------------
Currently getting caught up on my Legion history by reading the Post-Zero Hour Legion.

From: Arlington, VA | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I was always more into lizard-men than ape-men...
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.