Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » A little from column A... (spoilers)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A little from column A... (spoilers)
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
spoiler
space

spoiler
space

spoiler
space

spoiler
space

spoiler
space

Thanks to Reboot for posting the list from which I culled the following Marvel solicits. The DC ones came from COMIC BOOK RESOURCES.

MARVEL KNIGHTS 4 #21
Written by ROBERTO AGUIRRE-SACASA
Penciled by VALENTINE DE LANDRO
Cover by TONY HARRIS
"DESPERATE HOUSEWIFE"
Stand-alone issue! Susan and Reed Richards are among comicdom’s happiest, most stable couples. So why, then, does Reed perpetually forget their anniversary?
When it happens yet again, it’s up to Sue’s best girlfriends — Alicia, Crystal, and the Sensational She-Hulk — to cheer her up with a night out on the town… Marvel style! While dishing about their former crushes, Sue reveals an untold episode from her past involving… the Black Panther?!
32 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP …$2.99

Crystal's starting to pop up a bit in Marvel recently-- first in the Spidey/Human Torch series and now here (and presumably in the FF/Inhumans story that precedes this one in this title)... so I'm in. This premise'll either be lots of fun or absolute dreck.

NEW AVENGERS #10
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Penciled by STEVE MCNIVEN
Cover by DAVID FINCH
A New Avengers three parter so blistering that its blown up to four parts! The mystery of the Sentry is finally revealed and it affects the entire Marvel super hero community.Guest starring the Astonishing X-Men, the Inhumans, the Fantastic Four and many, many more! Part 4 (of 4)
32 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP …$2.50

More Inhuman goodness... though I'm still not over DISASSEMBLED. I'll give this one a try. I'm surprised it's not a HOUSE OF M tie-in... hmmm.

MARVEL VISIONARIES: CHRIS CLAREMONT HC
Written by CHRIS CLAREMONT
Penciled by JOHN BYRNE, MICHAEL GOLDEN, DAVE COCKRUM, FRANK MILLER, BILL SIENKIEWICZ, BARRY WINDSOR-SMITH, JOHN BOLTON, ART ADAMS, ALAN DAVIS, JIM LEE & SALVADOR LARROCA
In celebration of the 30th anniversary of Chris Claremont’s first X-Men story, the House of Ideas presents a timeless testament to another true Marvel visionary! Best known for ushering the X-Men from reprints to blockbuster franchise, Claremont has steered Marvel’s mutants for three decades while working alongside some of comicdom’s top artists. This deluxe keepsake edition collects some of his greatest moments – including stories from DAREDEVIL #102; MARVEL PREMIERE #11; IRON FIST #14; UNCANNY X-MEN #137, #153, #205, #268 and ANNUAL #12; AVENGERS ANNUAL #10; WOLVERINE #3; NEW MUTANTS #21; CLASSIC X-MEN #13; EXCALIBUR #16; and X-MEN UNLIMITED #36.
376 PGS./Marvel T+ …$29.99
ISBN: 0-7851-1887-x

Does anybody know if the New-Mutants-in-Asgard story is included here? That and AVENGERS ANNUAL 10 might make this one worthwhile.

AVENGERS: VISION AND THE SCARLET WITCH TPB
Written by STEVE ENGLEHART & BILL MANTLO
Penciled by DON HECK & RICK LEONARDI
Cover by GIL KANE
The remnants of their relationship are in ruins, but how did it begin? See how a match made in heaven started with a wedding in Limbo, and Halloween horror proves that the magic stayed in this marriage! Starring the Avengers, the Inhumans and others against Dormammu, the Grim Reaper and more! A golden age mystery solved! The Vision bonds with his brothers in all but blood, but who is the Scarlet Witch's father? Marvel's oddest couple shows that home is where the heroes are! Collects GIANT-SIZE AVENGERS #4 and VISION AND THE SCARLET WITCH #1-4.
128 PGS./Marvel T+ …$15.99
ISBN: 0-7851-1770-9

I wonder if they'll collect the second VISION/SCARLET WITCH series? I remember enjoying it more, but both series have long been missing from my collection. I've considered buying back issues, but I'm not much of a comics-box browser. If I know they're issuing a tpb, I'll wait.

And a few from Column B:

ROBIN #141
Written by Bill Willingham
Art and cover by Scott McDaniel & Andy Owens
As Tim prepares to make the biggest decision of his life - whether or not to leave Batman's employ for a Black Ops job in the U.S. government - an old flame comes back into his life. The problem? This one died in the Gotham Gang War. Love has never been so creepy!
On sale August 24 o 32 pg, FC, $2.50 US

Does that mean what I think it means???!!!
'Spoiler' space indeed.

AQUAMAN #33
Written by John Arcudi
Art and cover by Patrick Gleason & Christian Alamy
Black Manta shows up in Sub Diego, but he's not looking for a fight. Not yet, anyway! Tempest, on the other hand, seems to be just itching for one - with Aquaman. But what are they fighting over? Aquaman's wife, Mera!
On sale August 3 o 32 pg, FC, $2.50 US

What th- !!?? First Dolphin, now Mera? Guess Garth spent too much time around Roy 'Speedy' Harper for his own good... [Smile]

HAWKMAN #43
Written by Justin Gray & Jimmy Palmiotti
Art by Joe Bennett & Kevin Sharpe
Cover by Bennett & Ruy Jose
This is it! The issue you've been waiting for is here, as the secret history of the Golden Eagle is revealed!
On sale August 10 o 32 pg, FC, $2.50 US

C'mon- suprise me... keep Golden Eagle as a good guy.

JLA #117
Written by Geoff Johns & Allan Heinberg
Art by Chris Batista & Mark Farmer
Cover by Rags Morales & Farmer
In Part 3 of the 5-part "Crisis of Conscience" Batman has left the JLA, to fight! The Secret Society of Super-Villains knows all of the secrets of the JLA, and their first target is Superman's wife, Lois Lane! But after a fierce battle, will the heroes decide to mind-wipe the villains once again?
On sale August 10 o 32 pg, FC, $2.50 US

This is the first time that I've seen the new Society officially called the 'Secret Society of Super-Villains'. Cool.

TEEN TITANS/OUTSIDERS SECRET FILES 2005
Written by Geoff Johns, Marc Andreyko, Greg Rucka, and others
Art by Phil Jimenez, Kevin Nowlan, Ian Churchill and others
Cover by Tony Daniel
DC's hottest new teams collide in an explosive one-shot! Following the events of "The Insiders"crossover, a villain from the Titans' past returns with a plan for revenge on former Titans! Plus, what's the deal with the crazy Titan who calls herself the Joker's Daughter?
On sale August 31 o 64 pg, FC, $4.99 US

Finally a little insight into Duela Dent?

VILLAINS UNITED #4
Written by Gail Simone
Art by Dale Eaglesham & Wade von Grawbadger
Cover by J.G. Jones
It's more hard livin' and easy dyin' as the miniseries spinning out of COUNTDOWN TO INFINITE CRISIS intensifies! The renegade Six - the criminals who have refused to join the ever-increasing ranks of the villainous Society - are given an unlikely and potentially deadly mission: rescue one of the DCU's most powerful heroes!
On sale August 10 o 4 of 6 o 32 pg, FC, $2.50 US

Hah! It could be that the Secret Six *is* being turned into a team that allies with the good guys. I predicted it first (which means, of course, that said powerful DCU hero'll probably get killed by the Secret Six-- or that they'll take over the world and raise the price of pizza.)

Aside from these, the ROGUE WAR in FLASH concludes (will it feature PIPER and MAGENTA?), YOUNG AVENGERS looks fun (will we recognize any of the 'new' faces that'll be appearing here?), and the DONNA TROY miniseries looks great-- I can't believe that stories highlighting Polaris, Donna Troy, Crystal, Duela Dent and Tempest are all being published in the same month!

Hope I'm still happy once they see print...

What did y'all get excited or curious about? Or scared of? (HOUSE OF M, for me).

[ May 19, 2005, 05:05 PM: Message edited by: Mystery Lad ]

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.