Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » SHE-Hulk! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  23  24  25   
Author Topic: SHE-Hulk!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
A certain poster recommended this book to me, saying it "reads like a Matter-Eater Lad adventure" which is a gaurantee that I will sample it!

Scored issues 2 & 3 today and am looking forward to them!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kid chaos

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kid chaos   Author's Homepage   Email kid chaos         Edit/Delete Post     
I only read the first issue of this series, and was quite impressed. The best of Marvels new books that came out March.

Never been a She-Hulk fan at all, but the freshness and humor won me over.
Drunken Super-Heroes always make for a good time!
If only Alpha Flight could be this good.
God knows I love funny comics, but Scott Lodbel just isn't my cup of tea.

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I've gotten a couple'a giggles out of ALPHA FLIGHT's first 3 issues, so I think I'm gonna keep getting it...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
She-Hulk's a pretty good read and I was never a big fan of the character. The premise of a lawfirm tackling superhuman related legal issues is turning out to be pretty fun and inventive so far. And I really like the art.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Suprisingly good. Downloaded the first three issues tonight. Not too bad.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I LOVE THIS BOOK!

2 complete and satisfying tales told in 2 issues? I thought that wasnt possible anymore!

Fantastic & hilarious usage of characters such as The Mad Thinker's Awesome Android and Dr. Strange!

Wonderful Art!

And is Jennifer likable or what?

If this quality maintains, this book will swiflty enter my personal top 5.

And because it's so different and well-done, expect its cancellation with issue # 12.

DAMN IT!! Now I gotta hunt down issue 1. STUPID Marvel with their STUPID pin-up-covers policy that don't really tell DIDDLY about what's in the book itself!!

--------------------

DrakeB3004

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
DAMN IT!! Now I gotta hunt down issue 1. STUPID Marvel with their STUPID pin-up-covers policy that don't really tell DIDDLY about what's in the book itself!!

I totally agree! It's such a cool concept, they need to get that across on the covers -- they can't expect people to pick up the book just cuz of her image - it's far from a sure thing.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
She-Hulk has been a good read so far. I like the in-jokeyness of it.
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parasitic Twin
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Parasitic Twin           Edit/Delete Post     
I agree with the rest of you. I picked up this title not knowing what to expect and I have been pleasantly surprised.
From: sprouting from 3rd rib | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I mean, okay... the pin-up covers policy might be okay for "sure-thing" titles like X-Men and Spider-Man, but for the offbeat stuff like She-Hulk, let it GO!!!

Thank ALL that's SACRED that Milligan & Allred's X-STATIX has apparently never been bound by this idiotic policy!

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Don't they do that same thing on the covers to Mystique and Emma's books too? Covers that have nothing to do with the story? I find it offputting and it maybe the reason I didn't give the book a second look (any of them really) when I saw it on the self. Very bad way to hook new readers. At least ones who will stick with the book and don't just want a beaver shot on every cover.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

There are a bunch of Marvel books that are like that -- most of the X-titles, Daredevil, Iron Man, Captain America & Falcon, Iron Fist, Ultimate FF, Marvel Knights FF("4") to name a few more that I can think of off the top of my head.
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
Mystique is quite good actually!!!!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
She-Hulk is Slottirific and Bobillotastic! And funny, too!

--------------------
Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll be checking out issue 6 for Paul (Negation) Pelletier's artwork. [Love] [Cool]
From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  23  24  25   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.