Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Secret Six (the ongoing)... spoilers (Page 9)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Secret Six (the ongoing)... spoilers
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm glad the Skartaris storyline is over.

Looking forward to moving things back into the S6 territory I know and love.

I do, however, enjoy Amanda Waller having a presence in the book now!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I didn't hate the Skartaris storyline, but doing Skartaris without using Travis Morgan is kind of like pizza without cheese?

I also like Amanda Waller having a presence in the book, and I am intrigued to see how this new larger cast is going to work out...

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll read any six i can get frankly. I don't know if I care for Amanda, though. I'd rather see her back in the Squad with Johnny O. writing a new series.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Finished the finale to the Skartartis storyline last night, and I was pleased to see it end much better than it began. I'm not sure why the first few parts lumped along, but I thought the writing and artwork were very tight for the finish.

Gail was able to bring the two teams together, bring the story-arc to a close but all the while letting chaos reign over the entire storyline, causing the leads to adapt and make a decision. I thought it was well done. Still, I'm really glad it's over.

Loved Deadshot blasting Lady Vic in the knee-caps. Deadshot is just someone that shouldn't be screwed with.

The Scandal / Bane relationship oddly keeps me intrigued issue-in and issue-out.

I'm interested in the continued presence of King Shark and others. I'm glad Dwarfstar was taken out (brutally). I kind of find Black Alice extremely annoying though and would prefer to see her go.

Amanda's presence is welcome by me--for a little while. But not too long.

I keep waiting for Jeanette or Bane to exit / get killed. Each story-arc where they don't actually surprises me.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Here's my comments from another board (gasp!), regarding the 2nd part of the Action crossover, but more to do with the series in general.

I found parts of the issue fun, but overall it was unsatisfying.

My problem with the Six right now is that it's become too stale. We're on issue 29 and things are stagnant, even with the promise of a line-up change courtesy of Waller. If you go back to the spiritual ancestor of this title, Suicide Squad, Ostrander had a group of characters he had carefully developed as well, but knew he had to blow it up every now and then.

By the same point in that series, Ostrander had killed Flag, moved Deadshot (arguably the most popular character) off-stage, exposed the Squad, and dramatically shaken up the roster.

The Six to date, despite the addition of Alice and continued threat of inter-team violence, haven't really progressed much. Even Cat Man's mostly recovered from his supposed freak-out. Gail needs to make changes with consequence soon and get the team moving again.

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I liked that I didn't have to read the ACTION issue to enjoy this issue. They caught things up quite nicely, just the way I like it.

had the cover given it away I would have skipped this issue, as I do crossovers that go into books I don't read.

But this one was done right.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
I really enjoyed the issue... except for Luther... if that makes any sense. Luther is right there with Joker and Hath Set for Overused in my opinion. But, thats just me.

As to the story, I loved it. Alice is growing on me, but to me the simple star of th story is Ragdoll. this guy is just genuinely creepy in a fun, seriously demented way.

However, we need something truly horrendous from the 'doll soon. Something to remind the rest of the team that there's a reason he's there. A couple of sayings every once in a while, some twisted proclivities.... he needs to put the fear of Ragdoll in the gang again. Everyone in the group should have a touch of something about them that makes the others on occasion back up and go Whoa... WTF!

--------------------

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Agreed, Rick! Deadshot had his moment of that last issue in Skartaris.

--------------------

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
SECRET SIX #30: "Blue Blazes!" The Doom Patrol in the river sequence was all kiinds of fun. Rita doesn't realize one of her legs has been bitten off! She's even weirder than I thought! How is she standing, perfectly balanced for all those panels?

King Shark is a villain I like quite a bit. He actually could work out as a Sixer, because he does have a heart. A cold one, but not an 'eeeeevillll' one. Keep him over Black Alice. For me, anyway. Negative Man vs. Ragdoll gets only one panel? There's enough strangeness there for an entire mini-series!

I loved the 6 vs. the DP scenes, where I merely liked the set-up for the new villain gang. There's potential there- but a team-up/fight between two super-groups requires lots of room. In setting and in story-space. Otherwise, why bother?

The Bane-tries-dating- scene was cute- but did it need to be in this crossover?

I'm looking forward to more between the Doom Patrol and the Secret Six (7?) over in DOOM PATROL with a little less C.R.U.S.H.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I ***LOVED*** the DP/S6 fight! Thoroughly enjoyable!! best issue since before the Skartaris stuff.

--------------------

rickshaw1
Leader

Easily. And yet we are losing the DP, a book I rank right beside SS as being the best in DC right now.

maybe one day in the far distant future, quality will translate into sales.

but I ain't holdin' my breath.

--------------------

Something pithy!

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
I ***LOVED*** the DP/S6 fight! Thoroughly enjoyable!! best issue since before the Skartaris stuff.

Yeah, I totally agree--this issue was really needed!

The DP and S6 work really well together. The first time was great and this one is shaping up to be even better; it should be an annual team-up.

Feel like this comic is finally back to it's level of excellence!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

I liked it, though the ending felt a little contrived. Deportation? They just tried to kill you and you just them away scott free without any repercussions? I know you need to get both teams out of this more or less status quo, but there had to be a better way to extract the Six from Oolong.
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

HOLY CRAP ON A STICK!

The newest issue of S6 ruh-HEWLED!!!!

As uncomfortable as "hell" stories can make me... this one definitely re-establishes the 6's badassosity, complete with previously requested in this thread moments of badassness from Ragdoll. Also, humour.

So glad S6 is BACK.

--------------------

Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

FYI for those not in their shops this week, Catman is the focus of the latest issue of Birds of Prey (#11). Pretty big developmental issue for his actually. I'm still not a fan of Blake's but it's decent enough. Looks like it happens just before the trip to Hell.
  This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.