Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Official Infinite Crisis Spoiler Thread (Page 9)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  24  25  26   
Author Topic: The Official Infinite Crisis Spoiler Thread
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
ohhhhhh. I like that.

Click Here For A Spoiler J'onn is from the "current" earth. Black Adam from "Earth-S", the Ray from "Earth-X", Lady Quark from whatever Earth she is from, Kara from "Earth-2" and Nightshade from "Earth-C."
We can maybe assume that Breach may be from the Wildstorm Earth.

Going from there Alexander's machine is not meant to mindwipe the heroes at all. That's just the pretense he is using for the Society. He is setting it up to bring back the multiverse.

I like.

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
Egg-zactly!

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insouciant Lad
slightly seared

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insouciant Lad   Email Insouciant Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Click Here For A SpoilerMaybe we can assume that there are also places in the tower for EP SB and Alexandr Luthor too so that their earths (Earth-Prime and Earth-3 are included?

[ December 22, 2005, 09:44 AM: Message edited by: Insouciant Lad ]

--------------------
Ooh that Lemnos! He makes me so angry, so, so, what was I saying? Oh well, must not have been very important.

From: College Park, MD | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
AAARGH!!! A crashed plane means comics shipments to Melbourne are delayed indefinitely? I hope no-one was hurt...

But... Does any naughty individual know where I can download a copy before I buy mine whenever they arrive? [Wink] I have both covers on my order but no way to buy the bloody things... [Mad]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
A minor point, but this issue answered a question I've had, Andrew Vinson, Power Girl's pre-Crisis love interest, does not exist post-Crisis.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
This is purely speculation on my part, but I thought I'd throw it out there:

Click Here For A SpoilerIC#3 cuts from Animal Man borrowing the powers of an animal that "shoots lightning from its face" to a shot of Wally West's baby twins. Could his children possibly be Garth and Ayla? I kinda doubt it, but still...

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't think so RL. maybe more of a homage to the lighting beasts that give them there powers...
From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, I'm not saying I condone rampant filesharing of whatever comes into your head... but I will say a huge thankyou to a super-special Legion Worlder for arranging... something. [Wink] (Look away, DC Execs! Or at least believe me when I say I'll still be picking up the issue when it finally arrives in non-digital format... [Smile] )
Comments to follow once I investigate that spiffy Click Here For A Spoiler tag...
Thanks so much to They-Know-Who!

PS I agree with Scott when he says that the story seemed to suffer a lack of self-containment. (They obviously need to put Geoff Johns in a Wildfire suit. He can still wear a beret if he wants.)

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I hope there's some sort of reset or something ahead. A DCU without Atlantis or Themyscira is much more boring than with them. Though their destruction/migration would explain the lack of those city-states in the 30th/31st century...

I'd prefer their fate remain a mystery to us Legion readers, since I want to read stories using those two fictional settings in 'current' DCU titles.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
One word for #3 - YUCK!

I'm not liking this series at all.

Ditto x 1000.
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Well, after all my thoughts about how this was a series pandering to Pre-Crisis fans and that I really didn't care for a lot of what was going on, then I got to the end.

Click Here For A SpoilerI love Superboy-Prime as a vicious little SOB. I love the way that the Earth-2 SuperGrampa is being manipulated somehow. I love the way that it seems that 'our' Earth will be redeemed as being not so bad as at least we think a bit. [Wink] After all, "Evil will always triumph over Good, because Good is Dumb." Or they'll just bring the bloody Multiverse back. Whatever. I barely read core DCU titles these days anyway...

Edited to change SuperDoofus to SuperGrampa, which I think far more apt... [Smile]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, things are interesting enough but there is one thing I just cannot suspend disbelief enough to accept:

WHY are Mal and Karen (Herald & Bumblebee) with Donna Troy's crew in space? I *love* these guys, but come ON-- it's ludicrous they would be picked for this mission, whatever it is. Their only action in the past 5-plus YEARS has been in the recent Dr. Light battle in TT and the JLA/Titans mini.

This had BETTER be a springboard to bigger and better things for them, and NOT (as I fear) a lame-ass way to off them.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
I fear you are correct Lasher. I think this will be the end of those two.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
On the subject of forgotten heroes: Have Flamebird and Golden Eagle been nominated to "kick the bucket", also? [Frown]
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
There had better be light at the end of the tunnel with this series.

Click Here For A SpoilerI will be more than a little annoyed if Alexander Luthor and Superboy end up as whackos. Alex was my favorite new character in the original Crisis, and I would hate to see him as this "evil" mastermind.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  24  25  26   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.